• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to WHOBO event #3: HOBO 40: The Ruby Anniversary - May 11th, 2013 - Houston, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ok guys i added low tier 2vs2 to the side events for HOBO 40 but forgot to make my usual list of possible teams. If you are with someone for low tier, please post. if you need a partner, post too. obviously tons of people are open right now.

Confirmed Low Tier Teams

Illmatic (mario) + Xyro (samus)

People who need partners
Gnes
Pwii

Oh also, this is the final HOBO i will be hosting. I know ive said this before and yeah i did come back (thanks, sync bich) but this time i really am done (at least with brawl). After HOBO 40 (ive always wanted to end it on a nice even number) my focus will switch to WHOBO 5 (more details on that later). So consider HOBO 40 the last BRAWL monthlie event ill ever do (you bet go to this, biches). If you see my run another smash event after HOBO/WHOBO it will be smash 4. This isnt a big deal and i dont want it to turn into a big deal, im just letting you kids know that even if i get 4000000000 texts begging me to come back, i wont. So the Houston scene may literally come to a complete halt once HOBO/WHOBO is done. Just a warning.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
The stage selection that I used at HOBO39 (all front page legal minus SSE Jungle, Norfair, and Skyworld) is what I've been using as the standard for tournaments since then.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
The stage selection that I used at HOBO39 (all front page legal minus SSE Jungle, Norfair, and Skyworld) is what I've been using as the standard for tournaments since then.
I wanted to know did you need your own megaphone for Hobo 40 and Whobo 5 cause Im going to buy an extra one just in case and wanted to know if you needed it or not. Dont want you losing your voice and I know it can get pretty crazy with alot of people.

D

Deleted member

If everything goes perfectly, then I could go to cosmics house and go with dentis carpool and house at syncs.
Just making sure theres space for me, if theres no then thats fine.

Strawhat09

Smash Journeyman
ANYONE WANNA DO FALCON DOUBLES IN LOW TIER DOUBLES? I know he's garbage, but he can't be that bad, seems like it would be fun

Xyro77

The new tier list is out. We lost lucas when it comes to low tier. everything else is the same.

bowser
mario
zelda
link
ganon
jiggs
zelda
falcon

Labernash

Smash Lord
so what? get your degree/diploma or whatever it is sent in the mail. that is what i did. grad ceremony is a HUGE waste of time.
I like this idea, and I totally agree with you! But my entire family is excited about it except for me and icecream because we have to miss this. Not doing it isn't an option at this point. :/

Xyro77

I like this idea, and I totally agree with you! But my entire family is excited about it except for me and icecream because we have to miss this. Not doing it isn't an option at this point. :/
get off swf. your weakness is showing.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Well, I just found out my Graduation ceremony is the same day as this.

:salt:
Aw man that sucks :/. My graduation is the very next Saturday after this so I got lucky.

Anyway, unless something lame happens I'll be there.

Oracle

Smash Master
so this isn't looking good for dallas p:m to come to. nobody is able to drive. anyone coming from dallas still have room in a carpool?

Strawhat09

Smash Journeyman
oh, wow....Well, I can house the Dallas people at my house if they decide to come. Just let me know if you want housing by sending me a message so I can keep tally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom