• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Apex 2012: TourneyPlay SoCal - September 24-25th, 2011 - S

baka4moé

Smash Champion
so is there a definite date for this yet? cause i would like to know when i should leave/fly back to cali for this, and the date keeps changing...thanks.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
As far as I know we don't have any alternative venue, and the only dates that this venue is available is the weekend of the 24th

baka4moé

Smash Champion
^ ya but this tourney's been announced for a while now, and from what i understand this weekend is the best in terms of reserving the big venue...

Jun.

Smash Lord
Azn_Lep is the host

Does anyone need any more reasons to come to this tourney??

Didn't think so.

If anyone needs housing that weekend, please get in contact me or someone at UCSD asap. The earlier the better.

Jun.

Smash Lord
If things go as planned, Box Arena should be running the MVC3 and the SSF4:AE events. In case people don't know who they are, they ran Winter Game Fest SSF4 and Viscant the EVO MVC3 winner is from Box Arena.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
TP SoCal is gonna be a hot tourney. This is pretty much Winter Game fest in the summer! :colorful:

Jun.

Smash Lord
Just got a confirmation e-mail from Box Arena today. They will be running the Street Fighter / Marvel sections of this tournament.

get hype

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Smash Bros N64 (maybe) -- TBD
It'd be cool if this happened; I can help run it (or maybe I can run it entirely).

I also have a N64 setup soo yeah. I'll check out the 64 boards to see if anyone would come.

Jun.

Smash Lord
The head tournament organizer of this should contact me as soon as possible. Either by PM or through AznLep

SonicBOOM XS

Smash Apprentice
UCSD? HECK YEAH!

I go there like every year. Friends hold conferences and such.

Count me in for this. I dunno about the SSF4/MVC3, though. I was never really good at those games...Sorry.

BTW, did you guys decide on the rules yet?

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
REGISTRATION PAGE is almost done (sorry on delay). SOme changes in pricing also to just make it easier with all the games we have going. Right now SC2 looks like it will be frigging HUGE HUGE HUGE

The event is DEF going to be cheaper then I initially posted.
Average Venue fee will be $5-$10 not the $15 hard fee I posted (the more games you enter the more you pay in venue on a declining slide though)
(mostly dont worry about it...)

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Just got a confirmation e-mail from Box Arena today. They will be running the Street Fighter / Marvel sections of this tournament.

get hype

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Can you get them to contact me? Would help if I knew who was running stuff at my event hahahahaha

Right now SC2 is looking like it will be frigging HUGE. Black Ops also.
This event will be REDIC!!!

Dyse

Smash Journeyman
Just arrived last friday in San Diego from Monterey, where there are no Melee players that I could find. I'm excited to be here, and I hope to find some good players to play. I want to go to this tournament, but I am without a vehicle and live on the Naval base on Coronado Island.

Can anybody host me for the weekend for practice? I would greatly appreciate it. My number is:

Text or call. Thanks!

Also, I'm from San Antonio, TX, and am very good friends with Caveman, Smiles, Rob$, Forkgirl, Zulu, AustinRC, and DOH. Hit me up anytime.

FireFly

Smash Lord
Gah, I would so love to fly out to this since it's Road to Apex but I'll just cut to the chase.
*/johns*

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
I will pretty up this thread right after PAX and get all the info together in a comprehensive order.

REGISTRATION for TPSoCal is provided through G4G's website. Working on the embed objs now to get it all on one page with ease. BUT FOR NOW (do not wait) go to Galaxy4Gamers.com to get registered for this event.
ITS 100% PRE-REGISTRATION
http://www.Galaxy4Gamers.com

Dro-Dragon

Smash Rookie
yo

Hey just wondering when you will have the pre-reg site info up. really excited about the brawl 1vs1.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Ok thanks,

I see the UCSD 1vs1 link http://www.galaxy4gamers.com/tournaments/wii/super-smash-bros-brawl/544b8625

man 25 bucks.. for 1vs1?

$5ish on venue, $20ish on 1v1 = $25

This event is CHEAPER then most Regionals/ Nationals when you factor in about $5 in Venue Fee per event you enter

For instance G2 was $20 venue and $25 Brawl 1v1... so $45 if that is all you entered.
Factor in 2v2 and G2 was $20 V + $25 1v1 + $20 each 2v2 = $65 per person
TP SOCal is $25 1v1 + $17.50 2v2 = $42.50 (so $22.50 cheaper then G2)

THIS IS THE LEAST EXPENSIVE REGIONAL/NATIONAL EVENT YOU WILL GO TO!!!

Dro-Dragon

Smash Rookie
When signing up on the pre-reg it says 32 slots open, that does mean is there a limit on how many people can play the 1vs1 brawl?

Top Bottom