• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rivals of Aether - Official Thread

Cirby64

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cirby64
Hey Guys!

We are revealing Forsburn today!

Forsburn, the Exiled Flame, is all about deception:
http://rivalsofaether.com/blog/?p=281

Check out our blog post to read more and see some of his gameplay. Don't worry, Forsburn will still be in our third trailer, but today you can get your first look at him.

Thanks,
Dan Fornace
Why must he look so fun... You are killing me Dan, I need the new build!

Streetwize

Smash Apprentice
I notice how much more detail he has than the rest of the cast. I was expecting him to be loinless like Z, but hey it works. Can we expect to see the old characters touched up in the future? I mean, I did hear a complaint once about how the characters looked out of place with the updated stages.

Yurya

Smash Apprentice
On r/smashbros Dan responded to this question. He said it was AI that didn't do anything defensive (rolling or countering) just attacked, but that it might change somewhat in future iterations.

He also clarified some stuff about the up-special

"Good point! Didn't have a chance to show that off in the blog. It is a teleport similar to Sheik but the hitbox in on reappearing (so maybe closer to Metaknights Down B). It puts you into fall state and has pretty hefty recovery as well.

The Up Special does synergize with his moveset too. If you teleport into a smoke cloud, you do not reveal your location, do not attack, do not go into fall state and get your double jump back. This means if you have multiple smoke clouds out, you can teleport into one and your opponent won't know where you went:http://gfycat.com/CleanReliableGalapagostortoise

You can even pursue opponents into your own clouds and follow up with an aerial very quickly." -Dan

Which also sounds awesome!
Thanks for referencing here; I was watching this, and /r/RivalsOfAether when he was on /r/SmashBros.

He looks to be pretty nasty, I'm really excited to try him out.

How can a hyena and a lion be brothers? Is he adopted or are their parents from both species?

My guess is they are born of Fire.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I notice how much more detail he has than the rest of the cast. I was expecting him to be loinless like Z, but hey it works. Can we expect to see the old characters touched up in the future? I mean, I did hear a complaint once about how the characters looked out of place with the updated stages.
I was thinking this too. He looks significantly better than Zetter in the gif.

someonetookjacob

Smash Apprentice
How can a hyena and a lion be brothers? Is he adopted or are their parents from both species?
The fire kingdom is pride rock?
Maybe the (Lion) King married a (Hyena) peasant?
And the (Other lions) Other Royalty never liked a (Hyena) son of a peasant being in the royal family, thus the framing.

I am just making this up... But it seems reasonable to me.

Cirby64

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cirby64
I was going to say the same thing. The shading and detail just seems slightly better than the rest.

Cirby64

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cirby64
Except there are no supers involved in my idea.
You're idea can very much be interpreted as supers. A super doesn't have to be some high damage ability. Either way, I think the game is absolutely fine as it is right now, and the ideas you had seem a bit too gimmicky. But that's just my opinion, I may be wrong

Last edited:

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
I don't see what's gimmicky about it when it doesn't really alter the way the game is played. The game still works the same way: Beat your opponent up to increase %, launch them off stage when % is high. All my idea does is add another layer to trading hits.

Yurya

Smash Apprentice
I don't see what's gimmicky about it when it doesn't really alter the way the game is played. The game still works the same way: Beat your opponent up to increase %, launch them off stage when % is high. All my idea does is add another layer to trading hits.
Many might think it an unnecessary layer. The core game revolves around not getting hit and getting hits in. Each character has a set of available tools that are pretty consistently available. Adding extra tools only available if you have X can add depth but it also adds complexity and not everyone likes that. Your idea is solid but I don't think it should be implemented anytime soon. Only if the game proves that it is in need of extra depth would something like that be needed. More features add more factors to be addressed for balance.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Mama mia that's a spicy character. Eagerly rubbing hands together in anticipation of the next build.

edit: noticed your question on r/smashbros about how people feel about a character based on deception.

My initial feeling is skeptical. I don't like when games force you into just guessing. Someone might say 'well aren't fighting games rapidfire rps at their core?", and that's kind of true, but it's a gross oversimplifcation. First off, it's not just rps - a small set of moves essentially identical in function and reward, just with the tag of what beats what changing between them. Its a dozen moves, beating a dozen other moves, in particular situations and with particular benefits afterwards. Most importantly, and this is especially true in platformer fighters, you can just not engage. You're not forced to 'shoot', you can just back up and look to take a positional advantage or go in when the odds are better in your favor, etc. That's the beauty of a good fighting game system, that it's not just guessing and crossing your fingers, it's educated manipulation of boxes in motion and the minds that move them, to try and eliminate guesswork as much as possible and make victory as sure a thing as possible.

Anyway, this doesn't look like the bad kind of deception, the kind that essentially boils down to luck. Deception can tend to do that - either you guess that that's the real one or that that one is, and you win or lose based on that guess, etc. Forsburn's kit ties into the system of the game, that educated decisionmaking based on positioning and available options.

You're given a lot of tools to take his deception away, between just staying back (smoke clouds must be set up locally, so he can't threaten you from range unless he's already been in that area), poking at the clouds, going in with a meaty attack that will hit forsburn if he's in the cloud and clear it out with enough time to recover if he isn't, etc. At the same time, it's a useful tool for Forsburn, as is anything that helps you shape the way your opponent has to play if they want to stay safe (not to mention the resets and combustion build up!).

So, to sum up, I'm skeptical of deception in fighting games, but this looks like a healthy implementation.

Last edited:

likiji123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Likiji123
3DS FC
2964-9225-5942
Hey Guys!

We are revealing Forsburn today!

Forsburn, the Exiled Flame, is all about deception:
http://rivalsofaether.com/blog/?p=281

Check out our blog post to read more and see some of his gameplay. Don't worry, Forsburn will still be in our third trailer, but today you can get your first look at him.

Thanks,
Dan Fornace
Smoke Climbers ;)
love the dagger and cape designs. I just love his designs and moves in general. he will probably be my main

gnosis

Smash Lord
I totally misinterpreted his decoy move. Read a more in-depth explanation of it on reddit. This explanation gave me a bad first impression, but the more I thought about it, the more I liked it.

My other problem with deception in games, beyond the type of deception that just forces 50/50 guesswork, is that it usually doesn't lend itself towards skillful play by the user or the opponent. It's often binary - the opponent knows how to deal with it or they don't, and the illusion user is at the mercy of their opponent knowing that tidbit or not. For example, with Shaco's ultimate, the clone doesn't have items. This means the skill of using Shaco's ultimate becomes irrelevant, and there's two skill levels for playing against his ultimate - people who know it lacks items and people who don't.

At first I thought Forsburn's decoy was a move like that, but now I realize that the move really lends itself to skill gradients, to being more or less deceptive and more or less gullible, and in a way that's augmented by and ties right into the fundamentals of being good at the game.

Very cool!

Last edited:

akf09

Smash Apprentice
smoke character! so legit really excited to see the water variation ( which i think will be ice ;)) hahaaha @ 4nace 4nace

Also when do you think the tester build will be out?

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
smoke character! so legit really excited to see the water variation ( which i think will be ice ;)) hahaaha @ 4nace 4nace

Also when do you think the tester build will be out?
I'm sure the ice character will be pretty cool. He'll be so powerful that all the other fighters will be frozen in terror. One slip up against him, and you're done for. Seriously, he'll ice you. There's just snow one like him.

Can't wait.

PD | Lewd

Smash Apprentice
This looks absolutely amazing, I am so looking forward to this release! Also, are you planning on making this for next gen, or current gen as well? One more thing, is there any way that this would end up being mobile similar to Sm4sh? Thanks!

ansossy

Smash Apprentice
Definitely very good. Wrastor seems like the person that fits my playstyle. A combo-esque fox-marth hybrid which seems to be insanely tenable within the air.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
I wish it was coming to PS4. My only option would be PC, and playing this game without a controller would be a sin.
There's lots of ways to play it on the PC with a controller. Pretty sure thats how most people will play it on PC. I use a GC controller adapter to play, they're very affordable.

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
So Forsburn (the HYENA) is brothers with Zetter (the LION)…… is this a Loki situation?

Either way really hyped to see him in action, I'm actually even more excited about this character now, and I'm guessing this was the clone gameplay he was talking about awhile ago.

TheHorniestLobster

Smash Rookie
There's lots of ways to play it on the PC with a controller. Pretty sure thats how most people will play it on PC. I use a GC controller adapter to play, they're very affordable.
Correct. You can use the game cube adapter and play with two controllers (for now) or use up to for Direct X controllers...xbox 360, xbox 1, literally anything.

AbsoluteBlack

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if this even the thread for huge balance/idea dumps, but I played this basically all weekend with the best player in my area (sorry sethlon, he apparently has you beat) and introduced ARC, the rather notable Marth main, to it and ground out ideas with him, so I have a lot of cohesive thoughts to through out about the current build.

First off, ARC immediately took to Wrastor and quickly developed a super cool way of playing him (this game is amazing) that was incredibly juggle heavy and efficient. Lots of parry mindgames to take advantage of his crazy early kills with sweetspots and such. At the end of the weekend we both agreed that Wrastor in his current state has a couple of weaknesses that don't fit with the character - namely, his combos, which feel like they should be devastating and freeform, are escapable fairly often even with reads. ARC's suggestion was to increase hitstun by a minor amount on either fair or uair (I think fair, the juggles are already pretty complete) so that air dodging out isn't as easy. He also said that downb, which he used extensively as a combo extender/chaser, was a great move but felt 'unreliable', as though it could be DI'd by more than normal, keeping him from reliably following up on it. Also, he gave up on neutral b as anything but a runaway because if he tried to actually damage me with it I could always hit him out of the end, with any member of the cast - the last hit just doesn't do any stun. That could be intentional to keep it from being a viable off the top kill move, though.

My own thoughts after such a serious time of grinding out matchups amongst the current 4:

Kragg has the potential to be the least fun character in this game by a wide margin, mostly due to his neutral b. It's a projectile leagues better than other characters have, and just having the block near him gives him such a huge advantage, matchups seem to polarize around it if the Kragg player wants them too. This feels especially rough on Orcane, who has a tough time breaking the block or getting around it once it's out, and has a tough time threatening Kragg consistently enough to make him scared to pull it often. The other two have easier, if no more diverse, matchups against a campy Kragg; parrying and aggression make it more than doable, but playing against Kragg just has the potential right now to be unfun in a way that the game otherwise avoids.

On a similar note, a Kragg with a pillar nearish the stage who has time to pull a block is in a pretty absurdly powerful position. I really think that blocks shouldn't be able to be pulled out of his pillar. It does not fit with the game's stated goals and is just generally annoying to deal with.

Orcane is generally super amazing and fun but has a couple of weird feeling things that don't feel fitting to the character's theme. Most noticeably, his upair feels like a pretty randomly good kill move that doesn't fit the trap/control theme I get otherwise. I'm not sure how to keep his kill potential the same with the theme still in place - something else to convert bubble mines to kills quickly, maybe just make his upair only that strong if he's in a bubble field? - but it would feel much cleaner thematically if that happened. Or perhaps make him an even stronger edgeguarder somehow?

We also came up with character designs at 4 am for the remaining 3 - Ice Emperor Penguin that is glacially (heh) slow but has a ton of traps/stage control, a jungle/tribal themed monkey with a longstaff because a fast earth character and a disjoint character both sound cool (although forsburn seems to have plenty of disjoints so this might be less necessary), and a Japanese myth style wyvern with a focus on movement/dodging. All of these sounded amazing after about 26 horus of no sleep.

akf09

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if this even the thread for huge balance/idea dumps, but I played this basically all weekend with the best player in my area (sorry sethlon, he apparently has you beat) and introduced ARC, the rather notable Marth main, to it and ground out ideas with him, so I have a lot of cohesive thoughts to through out about the current build.

First off, ARC immediately took to Wrastor and quickly developed a super cool way of playing him (this game is amazing) that was incredibly juggle heavy and efficient. Lots of parry mindgames to take advantage of his crazy early kills with sweetspots and such. At the end of the weekend we both agreed that Wrastor in his current state has a couple of weaknesses that don't fit with the character - namely, his combos, which feel like they should be devastating and freeform, are escapable fairly often even with reads. ARC's suggestion was to increase hitstun by a minor amount on either fair or uair (I think fair, the juggles are already pretty complete) so that air dodging out isn't as easy. He also said that downb, which he used extensively as a combo extender/chaser, was a great move but felt 'unreliable', as though it could be DI'd by more than normal, keeping him from reliably following up on it. Also, he gave up on neutral b as anything but a runaway because if he tried to actually damage me with it I could always hit him out of the end, with any member of the cast - the last hit just doesn't do any stun. That could be intentional to keep it from being a viable off the top kill move, though.

My own thoughts after such a serious time of grinding out matchups amongst the current 4:

Kragg has the potential to be the least fun character in this game by a wide margin, mostly due to his neutral b. It's a projectile leagues better than other characters have, and just having the block near him gives him such a huge advantage, matchups seem to polarize around it if the Kragg player wants them too. This feels especially rough on Orcane, who has a tough time breaking the block or getting around it once it's out, and has a tough time threatening Kragg consistently enough to make him scared to pull it often. The other two have easier, if no more diverse, matchups against a campy Kragg; parrying and aggression make it more than doable, but playing against Kragg just has the potential right now to be unfun in a way that the game otherwise avoids.

On a similar note, a Kragg with a pillar nearish the stage who has time to pull a block is in a pretty absurdly powerful position. I really think that blocks shouldn't be able to be pulled out of his pillar. It does not fit with the game's stated goals and is just generally annoying to deal with.

Orcane is generally super amazing and fun but has a couple of weird feeling things that don't feel fitting to the character's theme. Most noticeably, his upair feels like a pretty randomly good kill move that doesn't fit the trap/control theme I get otherwise. I'm not sure how to keep his kill potential the same with the theme still in place - something else to convert bubble mines to kills quickly, maybe just make his upair only that strong if he's in a bubble field? - but it would feel much cleaner thematically if that happened. Or perhaps make him an even stronger edgeguarder somehow?

We also came up with character designs at 4 am for the remaining 3 - Ice Emperor Penguin that is glacially (heh) slow but has a ton of traps/stage control, a jungle/tribal themed monkey with a longstaff because a fast earth character and a disjoint character both sound cool (although forsburn seems to have plenty of disjoints so this might be less necessary), and a Japanese myth style wyvern with a focus on movement/dodging. All of these sounded amazing after about 26 horus of no sleep.

monkey with pole staff would be badass if he could plant the staff in the ground with down special and leave it there. then you could like bouce off of it and bounce people off it?

also i already suggested an ice penguin character in depth a few months ago

This is my ice character concept, a frost penguin character that has a unique ice system. Frost slowly builds up on the penguin over time indicated by a meter under his stock count at the bottom of the screen. Once the meter reaches maximum capacity he is considered frosted and the ice begins to affect his play style. Being frosted increases gravity, weight and causes the player to slide allowing new combo possibilities. While in frost state his next strong or special attack (excluding his neutral special) are augmented with frost removing all frost from him and consuming his entire frost meter. These frost moves apply frost to the opponent putting them in frost state meaning they become slippery and have increased weight and gravity. In addition to applying frost to enemies he can also freeze the ground with some of his special moves when used in frost state. Only one area of the stage can be frozen at a time and the ice melts if he is Koed, freezes a new section of the map or he reaches the limit of how much ice can be on the stage. Naturally iced portions of the map are slippery. Ice penguin regenerates ice meter more quickly while standing on ice. Also if a frosted opponent comes in contact with the ice on the stage he will be frozen to the floor for a short period of time rendering them stunned.

Ice shard (side special)

Penguin shoots a shard of ice forward in a straight line that will pass through enemies. He can only have one ice shard on the screen at a time

With a full frost meter he fires a more powerful ice shard that does not pass through enemies but instead applies frost to the first enemy it hits.

Ice Board (down special)

Penguin slides forward on a board of ice he creates. Hitting enemies will deal damage and launch them upward. This move is jump cancelable and causes the board to continue sliding forward on the ground as a projectile that will deal less damage and knockback. The penguin can only have one ice board can be out at a time. While on the board he is affected by gravity as usual and so is the board after he jumps off of it.

With a full frost meter this move freezes the ground behind him continuously while he is riding the board. If he reaches his limit on ice allowed on the stage it will melt in the order it was created meaning ice furthest from him will melt and he will continue to create new ice behind him. Hitting an opponent with the ice board applies frost to them and deals more damage than the normal version of ice board. Hitting a grounded opponent while riding the board would freeze them to the ground instantly as it is both applying frost to them and the floor they are standing on.

Frost Breath (up special)

Penguin quickly fires a cone of frost downward with his breath sending him soaring upward for recovery and putting him in special fall. The cone of ice deals damage and sends opponents downward with weak knockback. This move can be used while standing on the ground and it will not launch penguin upward, but will still send out a cone of frost that can hit enemies on either side of penguin.

With a full frost meter this move freezes the ground that the frost breath comes in contact with. It also applies frost to opponents; therefore if it hits a grounded opponent it freezes them to the ground instantly. Using this move with a full meter does not put penguin in special fall allowing for follow ups on frosted opponents. However, penguin cannot up special again after using this move until he touches the ground, takes damage or wall jumps.

Ice pull (neutral special)

Ice pull does not use up frost meter. When used it pulls frosted opponents or ice projectiles towards penguin and pulls penguin towards the frosted opponent or projectile. Once an opponent is frosted penguin can manipulate spacing by pull them towards him while pulling himself towards them at the same time. Ice shard and ice board can be pulled back to him by activating this move and also boosts him forward for movement. Once a projectile comes back to penguin it is destroyed.

Frost meter would fully charge in about 20 seconds I am thinking meaning it would take 10 seconds if you were standing on ice continuously. The match starts with an empty meter and KOs reset the meter to zero.

Yurya

Smash Apprentice
monkey with pole staff would be badass if he could plant the staff in the ground with down special and leave it there. then you could like bouce off of it and bounce people off it?

also i already suggested an ice penguin character in depth a few months ago

This is my ice character concept, a frost penguin character that has a unique ice system. Frost slowly builds up on the penguin over time indicated by a meter under his stock count at the bottom of the screen. Once the meter reaches maximum capacity he is considered frosted and the ice begins to affect his play style. Being frosted increases gravity, weight and causes the player to slide allowing new combo possibilities. While in frost state his next strong or special attack (excluding his neutral special) are augmented with frost removing all frost from him and consuming his entire frost meter. These frost moves apply frost to the opponent putting them in frost state meaning they become slippery and have increased weight and gravity. In addition to applying frost to enemies he can also freeze the ground with some of his special moves when used in frost state. Only one area of the stage can be frozen at a time and the ice melts if he is Koed, freezes a new section of the map or he reaches the limit of how much ice can be on the stage. Naturally iced portions of the map are slippery. Ice penguin regenerates ice meter more quickly while standing on ice. Also if a frosted opponent comes in contact with the ice on the stage he will be frozen to the floor for a short period of time rendering them stunned.

Ice shard (side special)

Penguin shoots a shard of ice forward in a straight line that will pass through enemies. He can only have one ice shard on the screen at a time

With a full frost meter he fires a more powerful ice shard that does not pass through enemies but instead applies frost to the first enemy it hits.

Ice Board (down special)

Penguin slides forward on a board of ice he creates. Hitting enemies will deal damage and launch them upward. This move is jump cancelable and causes the board to continue sliding forward on the ground as a projectile that will deal less damage and knockback. The penguin can only have one ice board can be out at a time. While on the board he is affected by gravity as usual and so is the board after he jumps off of it.

With a full frost meter this move freezes the ground behind him continuously while he is riding the board. If he reaches his limit on ice allowed on the stage it will melt in the order it was created meaning ice furthest from him will melt and he will continue to create new ice behind him. Hitting an opponent with the ice board applies frost to them and deals more damage than the normal version of ice board. Hitting a grounded opponent while riding the board would freeze them to the ground instantly as it is both applying frost to them and the floor they are standing on.

Frost Breath (up special)

Penguin quickly fires a cone of frost downward with his breath sending him soaring upward for recovery and putting him in special fall. The cone of ice deals damage and sends opponents downward with weak knockback. This move can be used while standing on the ground and it will not launch penguin upward, but will still send out a cone of frost that can hit enemies on either side of penguin.

With a full frost meter this move freezes the ground that the frost breath comes in contact with. It also applies frost to opponents; therefore if it hits a grounded opponent it freezes them to the ground instantly. Using this move with a full meter does not put penguin in special fall allowing for follow ups on frosted opponents. However, penguin cannot up special again after using this move until he touches the ground, takes damage or wall jumps.

Ice pull (neutral special)

Ice pull does not use up frost meter. When used it pulls frosted opponents or ice projectiles towards penguin and pulls penguin towards the frosted opponent or projectile. Once an opponent is frosted penguin can manipulate spacing by pull them towards him while pulling himself towards them at the same time. Ice shard and ice board can be pulled back to him by activating this move and also boosts him forward for movement. Once a projectile comes back to penguin it is destroyed.

Frost meter would fully charge in about 20 seconds I am thinking meaning it would take 10 seconds if you were standing on ice continuously. The match starts with an empty meter and KOs reset the meter to zero.
Boo, I still want a Walrus. /s

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Wow, so it looks like everything happened. I guess that's what I get for leaving my laptop charger in strange places.

So Forsburn looks absolutely crazy. I've read all about his kit and I'm still flailing to grasp the big picture. Visually, he looks really rad. I'd say Wrastor may have been dethroned in the personality department, because Fors is super expressive. Awesome.

Just wondering @ 4nace 4nace
will Forsburn's smoke colour change depending on the colour you choose
Not an insider on this, but it looks like the smoke's colors match those of the cape exactly. I feel confident in saying that the smoke will imitate the cape's colors for each costume.

On that note, what colors are actually editable on Fors's sprite? Would I be correct in saying that his fur and mask will be the same in each costume? (They are in the two costumes we've seen. Just a hunch based on that.)

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
So, I just finished working on another character idea. The last character I posted was made to represent the moon. This character is her polar opposite(and heavily inspired by Leona from League of Legends): Introducing, Vahlla: The Loyalty of the Sun.

Vahlla("Vahl-ya")
Loyalty of the Sun

Appearance:
A male white pegasus with golden valkyrie armor. Wields a spear in his left hand, and a small shield in the other.

Personality:
Stern, and puts work before anything else. A loyal soldier of the sun to the very end. Personal relationships come second to serving his superiors. This usually leads to difficulty with making friends.

Attribute - Solar-powered:
Vahlla's power is drawn from the sun. When under a platform, his power is weakened. However, when there are no platforms inbetween him and the sun, he is strengthened. This effect is further amplified by his distance to the sun. The higher up he is, the stronger he is, and vice versa. Maintaining positional advantage is key with this character.

Attribute - Pegasus wings/"I see things through.":
Vahlla can jump three times, due to his wings. Determined to finish the job, landing an aerial will refresh his jump up to two times, earning him a maximum of five jumps to combo the enemy into the air and KO them.

NORMALS
-------
Jab: Stabs his spear forwards, swings it left, and then spins left to strike again.

Forward Normal: Extends his arm and spins his spear vertically in front of him.

Up Normal: Pokes his spear upwards.

Down Normal: Kicks low, in front of him.

Dash Attack: Draws power from the sun to cloak himself in energy and dash through the enemy. Can be cancelled into a jump if it connects.

AERIALS
-------
Neutral Air: Twirls his spear in front of him(towards the screen).

Forward Air: Swings his spear upwards in front of him.

Back Air: Punches behind him with his shield.

Up Air: Thrusts his spear upwards.

Down Air: Puts his whole body into a swing with his shield below him, causing him to roll in the air.

STRONGS
-------
Side Strong: Thrusts his spear forwards. Inputting the command again will initiate a follow-up thrust that's stronger than the first.

Up Strong: Swings his spear in an arc above him. Inputting the command again will cause initiate a follow-up punch upwards, emitting a blast of energy from his shield.

Down Strong: Plants his spear in the ground, causing a shockwave. Inputting the command again will cause Vahlla to absorb energy from the sun to emit a blast around him.

SPECIALS
-------
Neutral Special - Bastion:
Vahlla creates a barrier of solar energy around him. During this time, he gains 12% super armor for 5 seconds. If the barrier is still active when time runs out, it explodes around him, dealing damage and knockback. Alternatively, Vahlla can detonate the barrier early by inputtng the command again. Must wait 10 seconds before this move can be used again.

Side Special - Brutal Rush:
Vahlla throws his spear like javelin at the enemy. If it hits an enemy, Vahlla can input the command again to teleport to them and withdraw the spear, kicking them off. If it misses, Vahlla's spear will teleport back to him. However, Vahlla can not attack while the spear is away from him.

Down Special - Valiant Blow:
Vahlla infuses his shield with energy and swings it violently. If the hit connects, his victim will be stunned for 1 second, allowing him to follow up.

Up Special - Rising Pegasus:
Vahlla raises his weapons above him and flies upwards, spinning rapidly. At the end of his ascension, he bursts out with sun energy to knock enemies sky high.
A combo-heavy, position-oriented character. The objective with Vahlla is to launch the enemy into the air, at which point he combos them with his various aerials, launching them ever higher while making use of his extra jumps, before finally finishing them off with a height-empowered Rising Pegasus.

Last edited:

DrMister

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Teneexe
3DS FC
5472-7362-4885
Finally glad to be able to check this again. It's been a while... Glad to be back! AND FORSBURN THO :D!

AbbiDood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShadyLion
I've been having a lot of trouble dealing with parries lately, so I hope there's gonna be a character who has moves that ignore parrying haha. Like, a Zangief-esque Grappler or something would be dope with a bunch of different command grabs for his specials.

TheHorniestLobster

Smash Rookie
I've been having a lot of trouble dealing with parries lately, so I hope there's gonna be a character who has moves that ignore parrying haha. Like, a Zangief-esque Grappler or something would be dope with a bunch of different command grabs for his specials.

Hmm..I don't play Wrastor much, but he has a command grab. At work so I can't test it, but perhaps his down-b can ignore parries?

Also, as I mentioned in a previous post, moves that are jump cancelable or have low ending lag can jump/ignore parry stun. Not sure if its intentional, but its a thing.

akf09

Smash Apprentice
jabs ignore parry btw, and ranged attacks can be reflected with parry but at least it doesnt put you into hitstun

Top Bottom