• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rise of Smash! A Canadian Smash Tournament! Missisauga, Ontario! UPDATED!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Smash Lord
Waterloo is beginning to start a smash scene now? This is too good, more and more EC smashers. I won't be able to attend because I'll be quite busy with school. But hopefully one day.

Bob Lablaw

Smash Journeyman
Dice is terrified at Waterloo's awesomeness. Yeah stay away Dice, unless you want to get pwned.

EDIT: What's the TV status?

Suiya

Smash Rookie
I'll be attending, but gonna need more info(like place etc etc).
I got two other buddies coming as well. (Myself, Kai & Xev)

UFO Flan

Smash Journeyman
Well, the tournament might be moved to Missisauga because i am have location problems. Lone Wolf, if you want to make this tournament your tourney, then let me know about changing the date and location.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Can you guys make it to Mississauga? If you guys can I'll see what I can do to find a place to hold our tournament. If all else fails then I'll do it in same place I did CotS!

I know you got some personal stuff to deal with UFO, so I wouldn't mind handling a tournament for you (Was planning on having my bimonthly on March break anyway LOL).

Edit: UFO!! I CHALLENGE YOU TO A 20 STOCK CREW BATTLE!! Accept?

UFO Flan

Smash Journeyman
20 stock eh. We will see. It all depends on who can make it. I should be there. Yazi and Brian should be there. I don't know about Baamage and Krzys. Eggo won't be coming for sure.

Who is your crew? Also, what day would it be?

Since you are hosting it, i will take some people off the staff and can the location. Talk to me sometime.

purpL

Smash Cadet
i might reach still and might bring a cube
my vacation plan flopped lol didnt get my plane tickets :(

the problem

Smash Apprentice
20 stock eh. We will see. It all depends on who can make it. I should be there. Yazi and Brian should be there. I don't know about Baamage and Krzys. Eggo won't be coming for sure.

Who is your crew? Also, what day would it be?

Since you are hosting it, i will take some people off the staff and can the location. Talk to me sometime.
The crew would be Zer0, Tyrant wolf, ChrnoX, Drolian(if he can make it), I think lano,and myself. YAY a crew battle finally :chuckle:

UFO Flan

Smash Journeyman
The crew would be Zer0, Tyrant wolf, ChrnoX, Drolian(if he can make it), I think lano,and myself. YAY a crew battle finally :chuckle:
That is 6 people so... Lmao, Best of Waterloo vs Best of Missisauga. We could do a 20 stock battle for this with the top 5 players in each city.

CREW BATTLE! Me + Kio 10 stocks each! GO GO GO GO GO....
Maybe we should cancel Low Tier tournament and replace it a crew tournament.

I recently recieved a DVD recorder so i should be able to film matches on one of the TVs. We could use the same one for semi finals and finals. We could also use it for crew battles.

C 3

Smash Ace
I'm going to be gone for 2 weeks in March from the 11th - 25th, so is there any day when exactly this tournament will be held? i'd really like to go to this :)

C 3

Smash Ace
NO!!! keep the low tier!!! it's a great change and it's a good way to see a variety in characters in a tournament.

the problem

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking we replace it with crew battles too and chances are there wont be 6 of us Dro might make it =[. but we can still split the stock with 6 (4,4,3,3,3,3) or something like that. Well we can do both i guess but the tournament will be have to start right at 1:00, then I guess it will end around 4-5, then doubles till 7 then low tier till 9, then crew battle till 12am. If everyone is willing to stay that long :p. Althought crew battles are ALOT better then low tier and low tiers is pretty much pointless so we might aswell just replace it with crew battles.

-ZERO-

Smash Cadet
I'm sticking with Crew battle tourny over Low Tier.

Friendlies: 12 pm - 12:59 pm
Singles: 1 pm - 3:59 pm
Doubles: 4 pm - 6:59 pm
Crew battle: 7 pm - 8:45 pm

Precise timing owns.

the problem

Smash Apprentice
I'm sticking with Crew battle tourny over Low Tier.

Friendlies: 12 pm - 12:59 pm
Singles: 1 pm - 3:59 pm
Doubles: 4 pm - 6:59 pm
Crew battle: 7 pm - 8:45 pm

Precise timing owns.
^ Agreed, hopefully we can pull it off. It also depends on how many people can make the tournament, and I think we can pull that off with around 30-40 if we're organized.

Jayy_Jayy

Smash Rookie
"I'll be bringing a gamecube aswell as smash, but I don't have a good memory card, can someone do the memory card trick"

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Thanks Everyone! I agree with the times posted by Zero. If someone can tell that to Lone Wolf, that would be great!
Got it.

I remember I felt bad for cancelling low tier with my tournament. I say we vote on it. All the guys that are already registered and guys who are interested in coming put up a vote for what they want. I'd like to play in some Crew battles but also would love to watch Low tier action.

So my vote goes to crews. Friendly crews btw, none of this "Put money in for a pot" for that.

BTW: The Problem, check out your condo's party room. Tell me if the party room is bigger than Jamal's room. Yeah, I'm still looking for an official venue. Thanks -0- for the help.

Hullmo

Smash Rookie
If this is happening in Missisauga instead of Waterloo then I'm going to have to cancel, which of course means that I won't be able to supply a gamecube or anything like that.

the problem

Smash Apprentice
Got it.

I remember I felt bad for cancelling low tier with my tournament. I say we vote on it. All the guys that are already registered and guys who are interested in coming put up a vote for what they want. I'd like to play in some Crew battles but also would love to watch Low tier action.

So my vote goes to crews. Friendly crews btw, none of this "Put money in for a pot" for that.

BTW: The Problem, check out your condo's party room. Tell me if the party room is bigger than Jamal's room. Yeah, I'm still looking for an official venue. Thanks -0- for the help.
Yeah I'll be checking that out today I think if its big enough we would be able to as long as we aren't very loud. Oh and adnan you can use my real name xD.

Bob Lablaw

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna cast my vote for crews too.

Sorry C3! I bet you want a chance to play Luigi without all of those lame top tiers.

CREW BATTLE! Me + Kio 10 stocks each! GO GO GO GO GO....
word!

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
In all seriousness though, is this thing confirmed?

I'd vote for Crews over low tier, although I'd LOVE to play my Luigi seeing as he's my other character known for being tricky, but In the end I think that everyone who plays as a low tier character would benifit more from using him in the normal tourny seeing as its more important to get that character better and more usefull in the full tier metagame against real characters.

Oh yeah, Kio wanna do teams?

slevin

Smash Apprentice
K look I think I can get NNR To come but I dont think we wanna go if its in that persons basment. You should rent out a venue and get back to us about dates just set a date hurry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom