• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Riivolution won't load my Brawl Minus codes [SOLVED]

Mario Zelda Fan

Smash Apprentice
I load it up from the stage builder with Smash Stack, it gets to Riivo but the menu has nothing in it, and when I launch the game, no codes.

On my SD card root I have the following folders: 'brawlmods', 'riivolution' and 'private' as well as*"boot.elf", "icon.png", "meta.XML", "modlauncher.XML" and "readme.txt".*

In my 'brawlmods' folder is 'brawlminus' and 'textures' folders. The 'brawlminus' folder has the GCT and 'textures' has all the 'pf' stuff.

So what's the problem here? What did I do wrong?

Super_Smash_Kid

Smash Apprentice
Put modlauncher.xml in the riivolution folder

EDIT: Also, the boot, meta, readme and icon files should go in a "apps>riivolution" folder in the root, but thats for the Homebrew Channel, which you dont seem to have.

Mario Zelda Fan

Smash Apprentice
Put modlauncher.xml in the riivolution folder

EDIT: Also, the boot, meta, readme and icon files should go in a "apps>riivolution" folder in the root, but thats for the Homebrew Channel, which you dont seem to have.
While still keeping boot.elf icon, readme and meta.XML on my root?

Well of course I don't have Homebrew. I'm just running Riivo through Smash Stack since I don't want to install any channels on my Wii.

Super_Smash_Kid

Smash Apprentice
Then just place modlauncher.xml in the riivolution folder and it should work, but I'm not exactly sure since I'm running homebrew. And yeah, I'm pretty the boot, meta, icon, and readme files are only for the homebrew channel so they're unnecessary

Mario Zelda Fan

Smash Apprentice
Then just place modlauncher.xml in the riivolution folder and it should work, but I'm not exactly sure since I'm running homebrew. And yeah, I'm pretty the boot, meta, icon, and readme files are only for the homebrew channel so they're unnecessary
It worked! Thanks!!

Also, yes you do need the boot.elf and everything else on the root because without it Smash Stack says it found no boot.elf, USBgecko, or codes, and it won't start.

Edit: False alarm -_- only SOME of my hacks work... For example my flaming blue custom CSS that needed codes is now all jumbled up, none of my custom music plays... Yet all my CSPs and other textures remain in the game... I know I have everything in the right folders...

Edit 2: What the hell now when I press start it doesn't even start the match, I can't change the CPU to a human player and back........ What the hell is going on???

Mario Zelda Fan

Smash Apprentice
Don't know bro, check to see if everything in modlauncher is correct and u enable everything
Both are true.

Edit: Ok so I got Riivolution to work, except it won't read my GCT, none of my custom music plays, none of my custom stages work, but what I do still have are my CSPs, CSIs, SSPs, SSIs, custom menu background and title screen, My Music custom titles and textures.

My GCT is in brawlmods/brawlminus, so why won't it work? Also, my music is in music/strm -- doesn't work either...

Ugh, hacking can never be easy for me, can it? Always have to try like 500 times before I can get anything to work.

Super_Smash_Kid

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about the rest but I think that the CPU to none problem is caused by the "1 team matches" code, not 100% sure though.

Mario Zelda Fan

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about the rest but I think that the CPU to none problem is caused by the "1 team matches" code, not 100% sure though.
No I didn't add such a code. Besides, my GCT isn't currently working anyway.

Anyway, I got it fixed it was just because my Wii remote was turned on. Still I never had this problem in Gecko, though...

Edit: The whole thing with the GCT not being read, I think it was because I told Riivo to load "Brawl w/ Codes" instead of "Brawl-" -- what exactly is "Brawl w/ Codes"?

Anyway, my stage and music hacks still aren't working despite them being in the right directories. I even checked the XML. They are brawlmods/textures/stage and brawlmods/texture/music/strm.

Super_Smash_Kid

Smash Apprentice
Brawl w/ Codes is exactly what it says, vBrawl with whatever codes you add to it. Its another option for Riivolution since it lets you load multiple mods without switching SD content.

Mario Zelda Fan

Smash Apprentice
With codes ;)
Er...yeah, whatever lol.

Anyway, my stage hacks still aren't working, but I have everything else working fine. My stages and modules are both in brawlmods/stages -- just as the XML says -- but they still don't work. My game also freezes silently if I try to play on a stage from the Stage Roster Expansion.

Super_Smash_Kid

Smash Apprentice
Are your stages named STGCUSTOM01, 02...09, 0A, etc? And the rels st_custom01, etc? If not change it, as well as in the XML. I could show you my XML to compare if you want, I don't know what else it could be :/

Mario Zelda Fan

Smash Apprentice
Are your stages named STGCUSTOM01, 02...09, 0A, etc? And the rels st_custom01, etc? If not change it, as well as in the XML. I could show you my XML to compare if you want, I don't know what else it could be :/
I fixed it it was because my folder was named "stage" and not "stages" with an "s" like it should be. I could've sworn I still had the problem before even with the "s". Unless Riivo chooses when it wants to load them randomly.

Sir_Ham_Sandwhich

Smash Rookie
hey where do u get the 'brawlmods' folder from? cuz im doing the same thing but with the homebrew channel and i dont kno where the brawlmods folder comes from

Top Bottom