• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Riivolution v1.05?

ParanoidFox

Smash Rookie
Hello Project M staff,

I've been playing Project M for a long a while using the hackless method, but I finally decided that I wanted to try using Riivolution. I installed Homebrew and Riivolution (both the latest versions). I boot up Project M, and I "Enable" everything. When this happens I get nothing but a black screen and then nothing happens until I force shut down my Wii. I never used Riivolution before, so I wasn't sure what this entire "Enable" and "Disable" thing was, so I restart and try it with everything disabled with the mod selected as Project M. Still the same results, it launches, and then shows a black screen and does nothing.

Riivolution v1.05 came out not too long ago, and I believe this could be a problem. Unfortunately it's very hard to find Riivolution v1.04 (there are some, but usually in different languages) and that's what the IRC channel suggested me to do. Of course I may just end up google translating pages after pages to sign up and download their links (or even just remaining hackless) but I think this is worth noting, and if there is a fix, then I would love to know.

I got a "Your system files are corrupted" error message once, but it seems like my Wii is fine. However, because I don't want to break my Wii, I'm not comfortable in messing with it anymore until someone has a solid answer to my problem.

Thanks!

blerb

Smash Journeyman
If you used all of the files from the Hackless method, I imagine it won't work because of conflicting codes and file paths.

Go to the main PM site and download the Riivolution pack and try that before downloading version 1.04.

ParanoidFox

Smash Rookie
If you used all of the files from the Hackless method, I imagine it won't work because of conflicting codes and file paths.

Go to the main PM site and download the Riivolution pack and try that before downloading version 1.04.
I formatted my SD Card before installing Homebrew and Riivolution so I had to get the Riivolution package. I wasn't using the hackless wii files for this.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Huh, then I guess it is a problem with 1.05.

I can upload a copy of version 1.04, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Top Bottom