• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley's Lair

Caael

Smash Lord
Ridley's Lair

Ridley's lair is his signature stage in all of the 2D games. It usually consists of lava at the bottom of a room, walls at the side, and a platform in the centre.

His smash stage wouldn't be unlike this, and an addition, spikes on the ceiling add extra edge and incentive as not to touch them. They also can be used for combo's, as when you hit the spikes, you bounce off in opposite direction of what angle you hit them at, so if somebody thows you at a 90 degree angle upwards, you're going to come back down helpless, and open to a pounding.

There is only one way to be KO'd on this stage, and that's the lava. Of course, the lava is hot, so if you are falling down to doom, you will be singed and bounce off the lava, only to plummet back down to your death, with a small window of chance for recovery. This lava bounce could lead to edge guarding to prevent your successful recovery.

This level is designed with flyers in mind, as there is a bigger chance of recovery from the lava with them, and they can also maneuver their way around a lot more.

Small characters are also at an advantage, as there are a few nooks and crannies for them to sneak into and perform sneak attacks on. Fastfallers might have a few problems in this level, as it's designed against them; it's more difficult to recover from, and you'd get comboed faster on the spikes.

The Ridley Boss Battle music blares out on this stage, as to give it an aggressive edge and get the adrenaline flowing for an action packed battle.

It's a perfect stage for hardcore Brawling.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
I like this idea. The only true problem I see with it is that there are spikes on the celings and the arena is surrounded by walls, which mean no one dies. That kind of sucks, but if this were decided, I figure Nintendo could work around that.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
I did explain that you can die in the Lava.
I understand you did, I just don't think thats a good way to set up a level. It's fun to Star KO and send people flying with hard-hitting attacks across the screen. I prefer those kinds of levels, just my opinion.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
A stage where racking up damage is a good idea, and my first post was misunderstood by me. I get it now, and I like it, although the sky could be left open. I could deal with a few walls. :)

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
For God's sake chaos you're not getting it.
Sure I do. I understand it perfectly. I am just saying I prefer an open sky to a closed area. I see this for a few reasons.

1. In the orginal and Melee, lots of attacks sent the players flying sideways and up. Only spike attacks and a very few number of other attacks sent players down, which in this stage idea is how they are eliminated.

2. With the large number of sideways attacks, players are going to bounce off the walls and come back towards the middle of the arena. How do they fall down now? If they continue to fall to the middle then its only harder to kill them.

Anyway, I just prefer an open sky. I like the idea of a closed stage as well, but I think some minor tweaking could be needed. All I am saying.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I don't think that the lava in a close area would be a feasible idea. Even if the second fall would kill them, it's still not right. And while you never fight Ridley in the open sky, none of the Melee Metroid stages had open sky, so...yeah.

Anyways, I'd rather have a Ridley themed stage be the Chozo ruins, as not only would that not be another cave stage, but would also represent the Chozo.

Caael

Smash Lord
Sure I do. I understand it perfectly. I am just saying I prefer an open sky to a closed area. I see this for a few reasons.

1. In the orginal and Melee, lots of attacks sent the players flying sideways and up. Only spike attacks and a very few number of other attacks sent players down, which in this stage idea is how they are eliminated.

2. With the large number of sideways attacks, players are going to bounce off the walls and come back towards the middle of the arena. How do they fall down now? If they continue to fall to the middle then its only harder to kill them.

Anyway, I just prefer an open sky. I like the idea of a closed stage as well, but I think some minor tweaking could be needed. All I am saying.
I cant please everybody. If you dont like stages without sky, then dont play on them. Simple as.

I will say it ONE last time.

THE IDEA OF THIS STAGE IS TO BUILD UP LOTS OF DAMAGE, NOT FOR QUICK MATCHES

Legolastom

Smash Hero
That door thing is a good idea for a harder KO XD but if the opponents damage is high enough and you send them crashing into the roof the spikes should send them flying right back down into the Lava.

Good one Caael!

Top Bottom