• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rhythm Kids Turn Up the Tempo! - Just Misunderstood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
Well guys, I just came up with a theory.

What if the character Sal leaked is actually called the 'Rhythm Men' (Rhythm Kids).
Sal (or his source) mistakingly assumed this meant the 'Chorus Men' (Chorus Kids) and therefore leaked the character as such.

This wouldn't be the first time a character was renamed in Smash.
Yes, I'm looking at you, Porky. Another example includes the Wii Fit Trainers who were previously known as either the Female Trainer or Male Trainer. Also, Mr. Game & Watch and the Villager had no official names before Smash Bros.

So, how 'bout it? Rhythm Kids for Smash 4!

Disclaimer: the Rhythm Kids (Marshal, Miss Ribbon, and Cam collectively), technically do not have their own thread, so I decided to make this one after coming up with the theory.

Supporters
@ AquaDork1 AquaDork1
@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11
@ Morbi Morbi
@ Pacack Pacack
@Mega Bidoof
@ FalKoopa FalKoopa
@ Koopaul Koopaul

Last edited:

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
But the 'Chorus Men' are officially these guys:

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
We have a thread for this, technically. It is a separate spin, though, so I'll have another Mod decide. Personally I'd lock it, but I'll take another mod's opinion here.

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Rhythm Kids = Chorus Men

You're basing this description on somebody who simply said "a 6th gen pokemon." Couldn't be too descriptive to say a frog, ninja or even what color?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
As the owner of the Chorus Kids thread, I advise everyone to give that one a look.
We've discussed this concept there, actually. And I was planning on bumping it in the coming days so somebody can do that for me if they'd like. ;)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
They are technically different than the Chorus Men...

I say it's worth a shot.

Morbi

Scavenger
I feel as though this idea is MUCH more ideal. It is actually something that I would vehemently support in comparison to Chorus Men.

andimidna

Smash Master
Calling the one on the right a man is a bit of a stretch, but I think they should still be allowed to have a thread, despite the Chorus Men and solo RH characters taking up every last possible percent of a chance this trio ever had. (Well, I guess I won't completely count it out yet)

I wouldn't be against the inclusion of this. Just seems odd how so many people believe he made a mistake in the name, when he's one of the few Sal actually has the name of. (Lookin' at you, Villager and Greninja)
I believe they're called Chorus Men in Western releases of RH, so I can't understand how a trio with a girl or a character that's more iconic than Chorus Men could have been mixed up with the Chorus Men.

That'd be like accidentally saying Bowser always kidnaps Daisy instead of Peach. I dunno...
I see why people would think that Marshall would get in first, but that looks like it won't be the case. (Still only 50/50 on a RH character in general)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Welll, they seem to be different characters so I don't see a problem with this thread open.

I like them more that Chorus men because at least appearance wise it's not the same character x 3.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I'll agree that these would be a better choice than the Chorus Men.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Having never played rhythm heaven before and only being able to judge these characters on their appearance, I find myself leaning towards the chorus men, finding the monochrome and uniform nature endearing. Though as far as music games go, I'm a little sad it's not going for Barbara the Bat or the most deserving in my view, the elite beat agents.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
So guys, who would you rather have? Chorus Kids or "Rhythm Kids"? BTW, I support the Rhythm Kids as well as the Chorus Kids.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Having never played rhythm heaven before and only being able to judge these characters on their appearance, I find myself leaning towards the chorus men, finding the monochrome and uniform nature endearing. Though as far as music games go, I'm a little sad it's not going for Barbara the Bat or the most deserving in my view, the elite beat agents.
the elite beat agents' series sold the least of all 3 of those franchises. Rhythm Heaven is the most successful of the 3 and the most likely to be represented (most likely as a stage or assist) alongside Barbara the bat who is hopefully returning as an assist (or more though I doubt it.)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
This is how I want the Chorus Men-leak to turn out. I don't just know what to think of playing as three same-looking characters... especially from one minigame in the series.

Count me in as a supporter!

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
This is what i'd prefer. It's visually better and these are actually characters and not three generic chorus monkey/monster singers.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Alrighty, I might be stretching this a bit, but I found more reason on why I might be inclined to think Rhythm Kids would be more close to what the leak's trying to go, or would feel sensible as:

Toss Boys.

This minigame's pretty iconic in Rhythm Tengoku GBA. I'm pretty sure it would be featured by the Chorus Men / Rhythm Kids, but I think it would look kinda bland on the Chorus Men.

On Rhythm Kids, it seems really fitting:

Aka-chan (Red Girl) = Miss Ribbon

Ao-Kun (Blue Boy) = Cam

Kii-Yan (Yellow Boy) = Marshall

I kinda expect it to be a Throw move, but yeah.

Also, as ironic as it can get for the OP of the Palutena-thread, none added me yet to the supporter list...

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I just posted this on the Chorus Kids' thread, so I figured it would be fair to give the Rhythm Kids a chance and post this here too:

So do you all think the Chorus Kids are our mystery fighter? or maybe even the Rhythm Kids? (BTW, look at the "?" box next to Mii Fighters; that's where people think the "mystery fighter" will be.)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Hey guys, I just posted this on the Chorus Kids' thread, so I figured it would be fair to give the Rhythm Kids a chance and post this here too:

So do you all think the Chorus Kids are our mystery fighter? or maybe even the Rhythm Kids? (BTW, look at the "?" box next to Mii Fighters; that's where people think the "mystery fighter" will be.)
I'm going to ask people to refrain from discussing this anywhere other than the thread for it. It's been speculated to death already (in such a short time, to no surprise), but in the end, it doesn't refer to any specific character more than any other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom