• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rhythm Girl from Rhythm Heaven- Ready to Beat the Beat?

LuluTheBean

Smash Rookie
NNID
Poppy2014
I didn't thread until just now! I would totally love to have her in Smash!

JoeKarta

Smash Rookie
Why am I not able to post on almost all of the other Rhythm Heaven character support threads?
I really want a Rhythm Heaven character in Smash, so I suppose (I SUPPOSE, HEY) I become a supporter. Sign me in.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Rhythm Heaven Fever = Best Game on the Wii. I even still have my copy to this day and play it with my boyfriend (You may know him as Azure Warrior).

Out of all the charming characters that Rhythm Heaven has to offer, there's just something I love about this girl. Maybe it's because she change her look in all her appearances or that Tap Troupe was my favorite minigame in Tengoku. She is the closest thing to a mascot from the games and I wasn't really hyped about the attention the Chrous Kids had with that long dead Gematsu Leak.

Add me to the support list DonkaFjord DonkaFjord .

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Rhythm Heaven Fever = Best Gane on the Wii. I even still have my copy to this day and play it with my boyfriend (You may know him as Azure Warrior).

Out of all the charming characters that Rhythm Heaven has to offer, there's just something I love about this girl. Maybe it's because she change her look in all her appearances or that Tap Troupe was my favorite minigame in Tengoku. She is the closest thing to a mascot from the games and I wasn't really hyped about the attention the Chrous Kids had with that long dead Gematsu Leak.

Add me to the support list DonkaFjord DonkaFjord .
You're not the only one! I've always thought that out of the NUMEROUS Rhythm Heaven characters, Ms. Rhythm (that's what I usually call Rhythm Girl), really seems to have that "ambiguous" feel to her, like Wii Fit Trainer. Not to mention that I noticed she was unusually promoted quite a lot, almost front-and-center, throughout the months leading up to Rhythm Heaven Fever's release. And my goodness, she is such a cutie!

Also, while I love those adorable little Chorus Kids, I can't help but feel that Gematsu played a BIG part in anyone even CONSIDERING them, though I wouldn't mind them being added, I suppose.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
You're not the only one! I've always thought that out of the NUMEROUS Rhythm Heaven characters, Ms. Rhythm (that's what I usually call Rhythm Girl), really seems to have that "ambiguous" feel to her, like Wii Fit Trainer. Not to mention that I noticed she was unusually promoted quite a lot, almost front-and-center, throughout the months leading up to Rhythm Heaven Fever's release. And my goodness, she is such a cutie!

Also, while I love those adorable little Chorus Kids, I can't help but feel that Gematsu played a BIG part in anyone even CONSIDERING them, though I wouldn't mind them being added, I suppose.
Ms. Rhythm? That does have a nice ring to it, much better than my nickname for her (Rhythm Beauty). I believe Thatkidwiththeafro Thatkidwiththeafro (assuming he's the same guy) gave her that name on his Fantendo roster when I was searching random Smash ideas. She does have that special appeal to her, given that the developers seem to love promoting her in certain games (especially Fever) and has a body that can easily be worked with. There's just so much to do with her if you think about how fitting it is for her to attack with weapons/props from other minigames.

While I do love those charming three singers, I'd say that the Chrous Kids would be at the third to last of my list of RH characters I'd like in Smash. So to sum it up, my list goes like this: Ms. Rhythm, Karate Joe, Rhythm Monkey, Chorus Kids, Rhythm Wrestler, and Barista Dog (easily my least favorite character from the games). The lack of Wandering Samurai is simply because my biased mind would prefer Takamaru over him since he seems "flashier". And this Banana Bender (What you call those who live or were born in Queensland) loves her some more Rhythm Heaven representation in Smash than what we've got.

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
Ms. Rhythm? That does have a nice ring to it, much better than my nickname for her (Rhythm Beauty). I believe Thatkidwiththeafro Thatkidwiththeafro (assuming he's the same guy) gave her that name on his Fantendo roster when I was searching random Smash ideas. She does have that special appeal to her, given that the developers seem to love promoting her in certain games (especially Fever) and has a body that can easily be worked with. There's just so much to do with her if you think about how fitting it is for her to attack with weapons/props from other minigames.

While I do love those charming three singers, I'd say that the Chrous Kids would be at the third to last of my list of RH characters I'd like in Smash. So to sum it up, my list goes like this: Ms. Rhythm, Karate Joe, Rhythm Monkey, Chorus Kids, Rhythm Wrestler, and Barista Dog (easily my least favorite character from the games). The lack of Wandering Samurai is simply because my biased mind would prefer Takamaru over him since he seems "flashier". And this Banana Bender (What you call those who live or were born in Queensland) loves her some more Rhythm Heaven representation in Smash than what we've got.
First off, yes I'm also on Fantendo as Thatkidwiththeafro as well (Smash Universe on Fantendo is still upgrading every day, so take a look! I don't disappoint!) Second of all, Miss Rhythm sounded like a catchy name, and makes me think of a modern Mr. Game & Watch! Also, AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 , you and your boyfriend @AzureWarrior seem to really enjoy my Smash game! If you guys go to Fantendo next time, be sure to take a look at my original fighting game, The World's Strangest Fighting Game! - Afro

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
First off, yes I'm also on Fantendo as Thatkidwiththeafro as well (Smash Universe on Fantendo is still upgrading every day, so take a look! I don't disappoint!) Second of all, Miss Rhythm sounded like a catchy name, and makes me think of a modern Mr. Game & Watch! Also, AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 , you and your boyfriend @AzureWarrior seem to really enjoy my Smash game! If you guys go to Fantendo next time, be sure to take a look at my original fighting game, The World's Strangest Fighting Game! - Afro
I was wondering if you were the same guy at first since not that many people would use the same username for every community they join. Good thing I wasn't too far off since the NNID "Mr. F-Zero Bias" reminded me of the many F-Zero fighters in the roster with such creative movesets. I don't mind since I'd love me some F-Zero goodness (Beastman and Bio Rex are my favorites) in Smash and it would be miles better over the Kid Icarus bias. :laugh:

And I agree that the Miss Rhythm name does have that charm to it since she would be the embodiment of rhythm itself. Or even a rhythm goddess like The Muses. I do like your roster the most from what I've seen in the community, it covers most of the fan favorites and All Stars while having some unique surprise picks (Mini Kangaroo was an idea I feel in love with since that one leak). Cheers mate, I'll think about checking your other game idea at another date.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Wow, Rhythm Beauty IS a nice name! BTW, I also think there's something just SO cute, and appealing about her. Also, I think I may have come across that Fantendo roster with her in it. Also, I like your RH list of characters. I would take all of those, though for the Wrestler, I'd like the Reporter to be by his side. Rhythm Monkey (who I gave the pet name of Beat) would probably be an even cuter Diddy Kong. I'd LOVE to see a pic of Rhythm Monkey, Diddy, and Dixie Kong just hanging out. Barista Dog...well, they made :4duckhunt: work, didn't they? Also, adorable dog wearing a pair of headphones? Here I thought :4duckhunt: was the only adorable canine! I'd like Karate Joe, as well.

BTW, you're @Azure Warrior's girlfriend, aren't you? If so, he told me you'd be joining SB soon! Very nice to meet you, and I hope we can be good friends!:)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Wow, Rhythm Beauty IS a nice name! BTW, I also think there's something just SO cute, and appealing about her. Also, I think I may have come across that Fantendo roster with her in it. Also, I like your RH list of characters. I would take all of those, though for the Wrestler, I'd like the Reporter to be by his side. Rhythm Monkey (who I gave the pet name of Beat) would probably be an even cuter Diddy Kong. I'd LOVE to see a pic of Rhythm Monkey, Diddy, and Dixie Kong just hanging out. Barista Dog...well, they made :4duckhunt: work, didn't they? Also, adorable dog wearing a pair of headphones? Here I thought :4duckhunt: was the only adorable canine! I'd like Karate Joe, as well.

BTW, you're @Azure Warrior's girlfriend, aren't you? If so, he told me you'd be joining SB soon! Very nice to meet you, and I hope we can be good friends!:)
No worries mate, we all love Rhythm Girl for the same reasons. And I'm pretty flattered that you like my name for her, even though it sounded a bit too generous.

I'd imagine the Wrestler working the same why since they are two peas in a pod, a tough guy with his smaller female sidekick. They weren't sharing the same trophy for no reason. Beat is actually a fitting name for that little monkey too. He can be a more timing based character with deadlier combos than Diddy (and be one the most broken characters in the roster. Muhahahaha!). The thing with Barista is that he's more of a tutorial sort of guy that gives you hints while Miss Rhythm does get that rhythm action with her tap dancing. Though I wouldn't be completely against him if he had the right minigame references in his moveset.

Thanks for the compliment mate, I'd love to be the best of friends while we hang in the same forum and talking Smash. Azure was the one who finally made me recover from a certain incident in the past and I've started to join more social communities after gaining some confidence from him. Google+ is pretty fun to use and I'm liking the community in Smashboards since yesterday. :)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm glad that the two of you are getting along pretty well and that's what I've expected out of you when you would show up to say hello to the more famous members of this community. If Habanero was still here, he would have been thrilled with your appearance.

Though back on topic, I do have an idea of a cool taunt she would have. Have her perform a rapid tap session near a random monkey like in the original and they both hop to finish things off. Sounds more like the proper victory animation, but I'd prefer if she did a few nods relating to the Wiimote/DS she posses with or even have soul staring giraffe that watched you during the minigame appear near her to accidentally spook her out.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
No worries mate, we all love Rhythm Girl for the same reasons. And I'm pretty flattered that you like my name for her, even though it sounded a bit too generous.

I'd imagine the Wrestler working the same why since they are two peas in a pod, a tough guy with his smaller female sidekick. They weren't sharing the same trophy for no reason. Beat is actually a fitting name for that little monkey too. He can be a more timing based character with deadlier combos than Diddy (and be one the most broken characters in the roster. Muhahahaha!). The thing with Barista is that he's more of a tutorial sort of guy that gives you hints while Miss Rhythm does get that rhythm action with her tap dancing. Though I wouldn't be completely against him if he had the right minigame references in his moveset.

Thanks for the compliment mate, I'd love to be the best of friends while we hang in the same forum and talking Smash. Azure was the one who finally made me recover from a certain incident in the past and I've started to join more social communities after gaining some confidence from him. Google+ is pretty fun to use and I'm liking the community in Smashboards since yesterday. :)
I see that! Also, don't mention it! The trophy thing, almost forgot about that! Also, for Beat, I imagine him being a mix of Diddy Kong's nimbleness, speed, and the fact that he IS a monkey:rolleyes: and Pichu's size, and cuteness.:p Great idea on the whole timing of moves as well! For the Barista, as long as we get some moves referencing minigames from RH, and that they wold make sense being in his moveset, I'd like to see that too. Same goes for the Chorus Kids and/or Marshal w/Ms. Ribbon and Cam.

Also, you're welcome! It's nice that you had @Azure Warrior to comfort you. He's a good fellow!

BTW, @AwesomeAussie27, I wanted to show you this:
After the initial release of Smash 4 in October 2014, this really re-ignited my want and hype for Ms. Rhythm. Also, here's the link to where I found this: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Rhythm-Troupe-Smashified-536965341

I'm glad that the two of you are getting along pretty well and that's what I've expected out of you when you would show up to say hello to the more famous members of this community. If Habanero was still here, he would have been thrilled with your appearance.

Though back on topic, I do have an idea of a cool taunt she would have. Have her perform a rapid tap session near a random monkey like in the original and they both hop to finish things off. Sounds more like the proper victory animation, but I'd prefer if she did a few nods relating to the Wiimote/DS she posses with or even have soul staring giraffe that watched you during the minigame appear near her to accidentally spook her out.
I love your idea, but I would actually hope the giraffe DOESN'T show up. It would really ruin the cute and innocent vibe I usually get from Ms. Rhythm. That being said though, I would love to see your tap dance idea! It'd be really adorable to see!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I love your idea, but I would actually hope the giraffe DOESN'T show up. It would really ruin the cute and innocent vibe I usually get from Ms. Rhythm. That being said though, I would love to see your tap dance idea! It'd be really adorable to see!
I can see the giraffe's sudden appeance since many fans already found him creepy to begin with. And let's say that fans are not ready to see something like that in 3D yet. :laugh:

Thanks for liking my taunt idea. She would need to show off those tapping skills to remind people what minigame she star in. Even though she wasn't seen with them, I'd like for another taunt where she dances with a set of castanets (I'd blame my obessession with that Flamenco minigame on Wii Fit U) while saying "Ole!". She does have that appropriate appeance of a Flamenco dancer after all and my headcanon is that she was born in Andalusia, Spain.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I can see the giraffe's sudden appeance since many fans already found him creepy to begin with. And let's say that fans are not ready to see something like that in 3D yet. :laugh:

Thanks for liking my taunt idea. She would need to show off those tapping skills to remind people what minigame she star in. Even though she wasn't seen with them, I'd like for another taunt where she dances with a set of castanets (I'd blame my obessession with that Flamenco minigame on Wii Fit U) while saying "Ole!". She does have that appropriate appeance of a Flamenco dancer after all and my headcanon is that she was born in Andalusia, Spain.
Oh, NO ONE is ready for THAT. NOT YET.:laugh:

You're welcome! It'd definitely be a nice reference to Tap Trial, that's for sure. Also, castanets seem like something she'd probably mess around with, so that'd be neat to see as well! Also, born in Spain? Is it crazy that I can see that being VERY likely?:laugh:

BTW, forgot to mention last night, I can picture Ms. Rhythm having the two monkeys as pets. Similar to Arle and Carbuncle, from Puyo Puyo, no less. Ms. Rhythm seems like that kind of girl, doesn't she?

Also, found some cute fanart!

EDIT: Before I forget, do any of you think Ms. Rhythm should get a voice actor, whether in Rhythm Heaven or Smash? If so, who should it be?

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I see that! Also, don't mention it! The trophy thing, almost forgot about that! Also, for Beat, I imagine him being a mix of Diddy Kong's nimbleness, speed, and the fact that he IS a monkey:rolleyes: and Pichu's size, and cuteness.:p Great idea on the whole timing of moves as well! For the Barista, as long as we get some moves referencing minigames from RH, and that they wold make sense being in his moveset, I'd like to see that too. Same goes for the Chorus Kids and/or Marshal w/Ms. Ribbon and Cam.

Also, you're welcome! It's nice that you had @Azure Warrior to comfort you. He's a good fellow!

BTW, @AwesomeAussie27, I wanted to show you this:
After the initial release of Smash 4 in October 2014, this really re-ignited my want and hype for Ms. Rhythm. Also, here's the link to where I found this: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Rhythm-Troupe-Smashified-536965341
LOL I knew that I forgot about the Rhythm Trio (especially Marshal). Partially because I can imagine them working the same way as the Chrous Kids since one of them is part of the same species (Which is Marshall again).

I've just watched that video last night and I would love for the creator to join the Smashified team. Rhythm Troupe would be a genius idea since the monkeys are a reoccurring species in the games and she works with several of them in Tap Trial. A great way of killing two birds with one stone instead of choosing between them. Having the purple monkey from Monkey Watch on her shoulder was a nice touch and she looks so good in Smashified's style.

Oh, NO ONE is ready for THAT. NOT YET.:laugh:
Also, found some cute fanart!

Yeah, I don't think anyone is ready for a 3D version of the giraffe yet. I had plenty of nightmares of that thing after playing this minigame on late nights. *shudders*

I do like the artwork by the way. It's whimsical and matches the tone of the game (while making the giraffe less creepy). :)

Azure, your headcanons never fail to make me smile. Miss Rhythm being canonically Spanish and give her a nack for castanets would be the best thing ever.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
LOL I knew that I forgot about the Rhythm Trio (especially Marshal). Partially because I can imagine them working the same way as the Chrous Kids since one of them is part of the same species (Which is Marshall again).

I've just watched that video last night and I would love for the creator to join the Smashified team. Rhythm Troupe would be a genius idea since the monkeys are a reoccurring species in the games and she works with several of them in Tap Trial. A great way of killing two birds with one stone instead of choosing between them. Having the purple monkey from Monkey Watch on her shoulder was a nice touch and she looks so good in Smashified's style.

Yeah, I don't think anyone is ready for a 3D version of the giraffe yet. I had plenty of nightmares of that thing after playing this minigame on late nights. *shudders*

I do like the artwork by the way. It's whimsical and matches the tone of the game (while making the giraffe less creepy). :)

Azure, your headcanons never fail to make me smile. Miss Rhythm being canonically Spanish and give her a nack for castanets would be the best thing ever.

BTW, forgot to mention last night, I can picture Ms. Rhythm having the two monkeys as pets. Similar to Arle and Carbuncle, from Puyo Puyo, no less. Ms. Rhythm seems like that kind of girl, doesn't she?

Also, before I forget, do any of you think Ms. Rhythm should get a voice actor, whether in Rhythm Heaven or Smash? If so, who should it be?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Also, before I forget, do any of you think Ms. Rhythm should get a voice actor, whether in Rhythm Heaven or Smash? If so, who should it be?
Since the monkeys did seem pretty close to her, I can really see them as her personal pets. Maybe having their own personal canopy in the attic of her house with their own shoe rack (for tap dancing of course), hammocks for them to sleep, and a miniature trees that grow the fruit they eat. She seems like the type who would own a huge modern house with each room for someone of high class.

Even though she's a bit on the old side, Wendy Lee would suit her energetic personality based in her role as Haruhi Suzumiya (A personal favorite anime of mines). When I hear Haruhi, I can also hear Rhythm Girl since they are both wild and adventurous. Another option would be Monical Rial since her role as Shino from Maburaho and Hetalia's Belarus show that she can do a wide voice range with her character. Maybe a bit less rough and mysterious, but a bit more professional and competitive would be the way to go.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Since the monkeys did seem pretty close to her, I can really see them as her personal pets. Maybe having their own personal canopy in the attic of her house with their own shoe rack (for tap dancing of course), hammocks for them to sleep, and a miniature trees that grow the fruit they eat. She seems like the type who would own a huge modern house with each room for someone of high class.

Even though she's a bit on the old side, Wendy Lee would suit her energetic personality based in her role as Haruhi Suzumiya (A personal favorite anime of mines). When I hear Haruhi, I can also hear Rhythm Girl since they are both wild and adventurous. Another option would be Monical Rial since her role as Shino from Maburaho and Hetalia's Belarus show that she can do a wide voice range with her character. Maybe a bit less rough and mysterious, but a bit more professional and competitive would be the way to go.
TBH, I've never imagined Ms. Rhythm to be rich, as much as I imagine that she has a big-enoguh house for the monkeys to live with her. Still, I can imagine her loving and caring about the monkeys enough to grow them their own personal tree to eat bananas off of, along with the canopies to sleep in.

Also, your suggestion on voice actresses are spot-on! Personally, I'd go with Janice Kawaye, (voice of Ami from Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi, Jenny from My Life as a Teenage Robot, among MANY other roles.) Christine Marie Cabanos, (voice of Squid Girl, and Mako from Kill la Kill) Cristina Vee, (current voice of Shantae, Sailor Mars in the Sailor Moon redub and new SM series coming soon, Mio from K-On!) Stephanie Sheh, (The new English dub voice of Sailor Moon herself, Yui from K-On!, Orihime from Bleach, Nui Harime from Kill la Kill, Hinata from Naruto,) or Brittany Lee Harvey (first English voice of Sakura Kasugano in the Street Fighter videogames) The reason I suggested all of these actresses is because they've all played a "sweet, sometimes timid, little girl" role, and in the case of Brittany Harvey, she has both the role I mentioned earlier, alongside a "down-to-Earth" teenage girl voice that she uses for Sakura, that I feel could work. If you don't understand what I mean exactly, just go to YouTube and look up Sakura's Street Fighter 4 voice clips to get an idea.

JoeKarta

Smash Rookie
The OP has a voice suggestion which I agree with; the voice that counts down in Rhythm Heaven Fever. The same voice also instructs the Tall Tappers in Tap Troupe* so it would make sense.

*According to the gift you get when you complete Tap Troupe the actual trainer of the Tall Tappers is Space Uncle or better known as the yellow guy from Space Dance.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Added AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 to the support! I think that brings us up to around 35?
Also you guys were discussing the name early and I chose to use 'Rhythm Girl' for the thread primarily because it is what most of her fan art fell under. I searched different terms, but it seemed like a few people already adopted 'Rhythm Girl' for her identifier. I do think they'd change it if she actually landed a spot in the game somewhere as playable or an assist, etc. Ms. Rhythm, Rhythm Angel, Rhythm Citizen, Ms. Beat, Ms. Tap, etc.- I am sure they could figure out something that would make sense and roll off the tongue.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Added AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 to the support! I think that brings us up to around 35?
Also you guys were discussing the name early and I chose to use 'Rhythm Girl' for the thread primarily because it is what most of her fan art fell under. I searched different terms, but it seemed like a few people already adopted 'Rhythm Girl' for her identifier. I do think they'd change it if she actually landed a spot in the game somewhere as playable or an assist, etc. Ms. Rhythm, Rhythm Angel, Rhythm Citizen, Ms. Beat, Ms. Tap, etc.- I am sure they could figure out something that would make sense and roll off the tongue.
Oh, really? Well, I guess that makes sense. Also, very creative names for Ms. Rhyhm that you got there! I mean, "Rhythm Angel"? Really goes for her cuteness! Also, Ms. Beat and Ms. Tap are very fitting for her!

BTW, three questions. 1. Do you think Ms. Rhythm would get the ":4duckhunt:" treatment and be referred to as "Rhythm Heaven"?
2. What kind of a personality do you all think Ms. Rhythm has?
3. If Ms. Rhythm was playable in Smash, would she be available at the very start, you would have to unlock her, or download her?

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Oh, really? Well, I guess that makes sense. Also, very creative names for Ms. Rhyhm that you got there! I mean, "Rhythm Angel"? Really goes for her cuteness! Also, Ms. Beat and Ms. Tap are very fitting for her!

BTW, three questions. 1. Do you think Ms. Rhythm would get the ":4duckhunt:" treatment and be referred to as "Rhythm Heaven"?
3. If Ms. Rhythm was playable in Smash, would she be available at the very start, you would have to unlock her, or download her?
I feel like if they call her 'Rhythm Heaven' she better feature multiple characters and items in a summonable fashion and keep a "rhythm" gimmick throughout her entire moveset as if you were actually playing a rhythm heaven game. She also seems like the typical (kind of 2-dimensional) happy go lucky Nintendo character.

I was thinking about this and I was just going to mention this in a few more threads about other characters I like- they have a better chance in a bundle or in the base game because of their 'obscurity' to most consumers/ lack of fans overlapping wit Smash fans. The DLC tends to be larger recognizable names whom fans would cough up cash for. Also probably unlockable (Maybe for collecting so many CDs or utilizing the 'Sound Test'? Who knows-

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

1. No, the only reason Duck Hunt have that name is because they are team character. It would be lame to call them "Duck Hunt Dog, Duck and Hunter"
2. No idea
3. I think she would be an unlockable character, she doesn't seem like starter material for me.

So here is MY question now: If not the Rhythm Girl, which Rhythm Heaven character would you like as the representative?

As for me, I would be fine with the Chorus Kids, the Monkey, Marshal (with Cam and Miss Ribbon as alts) or Reporter & Wrestler. I wouldn't mind some bizarre pick like the Huebirds of Happiness or Baxter and Forthington (Air Rally >>> All), but they are extremely unlikely and again, quite weird picks for a playable rep. The only characters I am not a big fan of are Karate Joe and the Samurai. I don't think they would represent Rhythm Heaven's weirdness quite well as the others.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
1. No, the only reason Duck Hunt have that name is because they are team character. It would be lame to call them "Duck Hunt Dog, Duck and Hunter"
2. No idea
3. I think she would be an unlockable character, she doesn't seem like starter material for me.

So here is MY question now: If not the Rhythm Girl, which Rhythm Heaven character would you like as the representative?

As for me, I would be fine with the Chorus Kids, the Monkey, Marshal (with Cam and Miss Ribbon as alts) or Reporter & Wrestler. I wouldn't mind some bizarre pick like the Huebirds of Happiness or Baxter and Forthington (Air Rally >>> All), but they are extremely unlikely and again, quite weird picks for a playable rep. The only characters I am not a big fan of are Karate Joe and the Samurai. I don't think they would represent Rhythm Heaven's weirdness quite well as the others.
If not Ms. Rhythm, I'll take the Chorus Kids, Marshal w/Ms. Ribbon and Cam, Marshal and his friends as alt. skins of the Chorus Kids, or even Ms. Ribbon and Cam themselves as alt. skins of Marshal. Other than that, I'd take the Wrestler, only if he has the Reporter by his side. It would make him more unique to me, or at least, the Reporter could be in the background in the style of Red in Brawl. I would go for just about ANY of the choices you suggested, along with others like DJ Yellow (with DJ Blue as an alt. skin) Play-Yan from Night Walk, the Barista Dog, or even, (believe it or not) The Dazzles, just to see 48-Player Smash! (In terms of the Dazzles, I saw a joke request for them, and I've been wondering what it would be like in they WERE playable in Smash, if they would all be together as a 6-in-1 character, or alt. skins of each other, even though that is one HECK of a pipe dream:laugh:) alongside Karate Joe, Huebirds, Baxter and Forthington, and the Rhythm Monkeys. BTW, do the Dazzles (who I mentioned earlier as RH reps for Smash) have names, or did anyone give them names?

Last edited:

JoeKarta

Smash Rookie
BTW, do the Dazzles (who I mentioned earlier as RH reps for Smash) have names, or did anyone give them names?
They have the same names as the persons who they are based on. I don't know those name though.

Karate Joe is my favorite videogame character of all time so I would be really happy if he got confirmed for Smash.
One of the Cosmo/Space Dancers/Paddlers would also be cool in my book. Especially if they have the awesome voice.
DJ Yellow also has an awesome voice and that's the main reason he should be in Smash.
Munchy Monk would be the most gimmicky character. His mustache would grow making him stronger but eating dumplins would make him fatter and slower.
Widget would be the best Rhythm Heaven rep. It has appeared in every game in the series... :troll:
Something I would seriously like to see is this character that should be added to the OP under other Rhythm Heaven support threads and nobody ever talks about and: Rhythm Heaven. It represents almost all characters in the Rhythm Heaven characters in a good wacky way and it has Karate Joe while not forgetting the others so it's automatically JoeKarta approved.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
They have the same names as the persons who they are based on. I don't know those name though.

Karate Joe is my favorite videogame character of all time so I would be really happy if he got confirmed for Smash.
One of the Cosmo/Space Dancers/Paddlers would also be cool in my book. Especially if they have the awesome voice.
DJ Yellow also has an awesome voice and that's the main reason he should be in Smash.
Munchy Monk would be the most gimmicky character. His mustache would grow making him stronger but eating dumplins would make him fatter and slower.
Widget would be the best Rhythm Heaven rep. It has appeared in every game in the series... :troll:
Something I would seriously like to see is this character that should be added to the OP under other Rhythm Heaven support threads and nobody ever talks about and: Rhythm Heaven. It represents almost all characters in the Rhythm Heaven characters in a good wacky way and it has Karate Joe while not forgetting the others so it's automatically JoeKarta approved.
Nice suggestions for RH characters from Smash! Also, is there a source that talks about the Dazzles being named after someone? Also, could you be a bit more specific on who the Dazzles are named after? Like the character designers are who they are named after, or is it something else? BTW, the place where I got the idea to make the "semi-joke, semi-serious" suggestion of the Dazzles being in Smash is from this: http://smashboards.com/threads/rate-their-chances-the-dlc-edition-day-182-lana-and.398604/page-118

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
2. No idea

Personally? I'd choose the Barista Dog. Realistically? Chorus Kids, Karate Joe, Reporter & Wrestler.

I personally would love Rhythm Girl or the Barista Dog playing as summon characters utilizing as many characters and objects from Rhythm Heaven in their movesets- Maybe with them being 3D but all their summons being the 2D flat vector art or something.

I was going to make a thread for the Barista dog, but I don't think anyone would want him in.
He's another character that has been in all the games (is he in the 3DS game?) but never (I don't think) as a playable character in a minigame. His description on the Japanese site for the first game says he's always watching the player from 'somewhere.'
In some respects I think he is a better choice compared to rhythm girl and the chorus men, etc.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce

My favorite taunt ideas so far are DonkaFjord's Try Again, OK, and Superb signs. So many potential uses there.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I never considered the Barista dog, but it would be an interest pick for a RH rep. I can even imagine the Barista Dog/Duck Hunt fanarts.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Not even going to lie, if Sakurai and his team could get :4duckhunt: to work out, Barista Dog is OK in my book. BTW, I'd still prefer Ms. Rhythm over all other RH choices, though. I GUESS I wouldn't mind the others, but she's still my fist choice and #1 RH rep.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Plus a true summon or rhythm based character is something Smash doesn't have. I feel like Barista Dog would almost have to have summons for him to work.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Oh geez, the SubForum closing seems so bittersweet. I have suddenly just realized how much wasted time I spent on this, haha. It's been a good time though. Maybe Smash 5 I'll see you guys around with (hopefully) a playable RH being announced.

I might Copy/Paste this threads OP over to the above group, and when I do I will be sure to link it.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Top Bottom