• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rheem Theater Tournament, Bay Area. June 20th

Smot

Smash Apprentice
Rheem Theater Tournament, Bay Area. June 20th

Super Smash Bros Melee

350 Park Street, Moraga, CA 94556 United States

6pm-10pm

This will be played on 50x30 foot movie screen.
$8 a person, would be preferred if people sign up before hand.
1st $100
2nd $50
Extra money will go toward another digital projector so this can be done in multiple theaters in the future.
no items
Preliminary rounds will be 1v1v1v1 (I know this is stupid but I couldn’t convince the manager other wise)
After this the top 2 players of each game will be put into a double elimination 1v1 bracket system.
Anyone is welcome to come but at the moment it is limited to 64 people. If there is a large turnout it will be expanded for compensate for more people.
I will post more information later as I recieve it.

I do not work at this theater but I was asked to put it here by the management.

There maybe be other games as well, Guitar Hero, Halo, and maybe more.

EazyP

Smash Ace
$8 for singles.. wow what's your doubles fee? If there even is one

The multi-melee seeding is ********, I doubt you'll get near 64 players unless most of them are scrubs, which I'd hate because lets face it some people who aren't half bad (like me) just suck in multi-melee

I don't think I'll be doing this one unless the prize is something crazy good

Smot

Smash Apprentice
Extra money will go toward another digital projector so this can be done in multiple theaters in the future.
Several people that I would consider skilled smashers have signed up so don’t expect a bunch of scrubs.
A few people who work at the theater are friends with some pros and will be trying to bring them. (Iv heard talk of hella, king, germ, and isai coming have not received confirmation)

Anyone know why it keeps freezing when I try to edit my post? I have tried several different computers and it freezes every time.

EazyP

Smash Ace
I dead seriously doubt Isai would come and play, who are you hearing this from?

Now that the prize is $100, I doubt it'll be the final prize either and it'll probably be cut way back, or if it isn't your group will have a hell of a time making profit off this tournament

Smot

Smash Apprentice
You need to just go into the theater and ask for a ticket to it. The you will write your name on the list with your contact info. Its start tomorrow hope to see you all there, afterwards there will be a house for some smashing just down the street.

dannedadon

Smash Rookie
nice nice nice, i just went down today and signed up! btw, im visiting from sweden and just found out about the tournament so i dont have a controller. Im trying to get hold of one for the tournament, or are they provided? checked out a couple of different tournaments in cali and they all stated that you had to bring your own controller.

anyway, looking forward to it!! :D

goateau

Smash Rookie
tommy this is hess. ive got my ****ing summer school **** todaya dn i dont know if im going to be able to play in my games.... if u can try to get them to seed me as close to the end of the first round as u can i might be able to make it, but otherwise im ****ed.

hohenheim and his friends r gonna come up, ive been talking to them they are downt o play.

The Game II

Smash Champion
That totally sailed over your head.

Anyway, smot can you pm me the results (with real full names of players) so I can mention it on my web site? thanks

--GCII

beej

Smash Rookie
interesting tournament... brackets were weird.. no mlg rules
uhh also it was not 2 outta 3, all the matches up until the finals were 1 game random stage. there was no double elimination back draw deal either. there was only 1 GC set up with 2 wavebirds that every1 had to use and it was played directly onto a projector instead of a TV hooked up to a projector.
the prize money was a joke. only money was given to first place even tho they said second would get $50.

beej

Smash Rookie
narfanator won... i think?... im assuming he won cause he's 20 in norcal PR and he was considerably more better than the rest of us. i got secondz yay : ) *got ***** in finals tho* haha

allstarrt

Smash Rookie
Tricap killlllllled EVERYONE. mr. game and watch vs game and watch was the best match by far though. TEAM RAMROD IS TAKING OVER

Smot

Smash Apprentice
The 2nd place $50 prize would have been given if there were 64 people but we had only about half that, the money has to come from somewhere and the theater needs to turn a profit they arnt doing this for fun. There will be another one next month if anyone is at all intrested, I will try to get the manager to swich over to mlg rules and regulations. Maybe get some TVs and cubes too for friendlies.

beej

Smash Rookie
who are u smot, i asked the 2 guys as well as the other theater workers that ran the tournament and they said nobody even mentioned a 50$ prize on smashboards.

Smot

Smash Apprentice
I was the guy that got knocked out in the first marth vs marth fight. I am friends with a few of the people that work at the theater and thats what they told me. I was just doing them a favor by posting this, I was in no way benafited bythis tournement.

Smot

Smash Apprentice
Well they lied, the people that ran it are named john penksy and kevin lowery and they told me post this here, if you dont believe me then I dont care.

goateau

Smash Rookie
Well they lied, the people that ran it are named john penksy and kevin lowery and they told me post this here, if you dont believe me then I dont care.
he didnt make money from this tourney if thats what your asking, i was there when they asked him to post this. if something was done that is considered shady im sure that was not the intention. most of the locals that went wanted to experience playing better people and see how they matched up against others, i highly doubt that anyone would want to blacklist themselves or future tournaments for a couple hundred bucks, if that.

i wasnt able to participate, but im looking forward to the next one. i wasnt there so i cant comment, but if it wasnt up to what most consider the proper standards thats dissapointing. the majority of us havent played outside of our small group of friends before, so were not current on the rules and regulations, nor did we organize or profit from the tournament.

Rupert

Smash Rookie
when is the july tourney taking place? Is it taking place tomorrow, which is the 10, or is it taking place the 11? Anyways if I go I know I'm going to suck, haven't had any chance to play for two months when i just got back into this game XD darn football camp. Anyays I konw everyone is going to be using Marth, or mostly everyone which sucks! I'll prolly be using mario, but i suck at SHFFL and wavedash with him, so I know I'll lose the first match lol

dannedadon

Smash Rookie
hey, im going to moraga this christmas. is the tournament going to be a montly thing? i was there for the first one and someone mentioned that so i thought id check. and if not, someone living close by wanna play? =D

Smot

Smash Apprentice
Ill be in moraga for winter break too.
I don't think they do the tourneys any more but I would be down to play.
I got a pretty good crew in moraga, although some of us are out of practice.

dannedadon

Smash Rookie
hey, anyone here in moraga now and wanna play? if theres no tournament then at someones house? im visiting from sweden and i havent played for a week now almost and im getting the shakes.

Top Bottom