• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revolution 14: Lone Star Circuit Event 2 - April 13th, 2013 - Dallas, Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace

Welcome to the official Revolution 14 thread! I am posting this thread for Denti, he's been going through a lot of personal issues, and for the sake of staying professional we'll just leave it at that. I was told by Denti today(Thursday, March 14th) that he WILL still be hosting the event, just needs a little time to get back on his feet. This is the date he will try to nail, and the venue is not locked in yet. He will try to get a nice venue, but if nothing else Evolution Games will be the venue(this is where UTDZac used to hold all the Phases, it can hold over 60 people for sure.)

Lone Star Circuit:
Main Thread

The LSC is going to be a 6 event circuit, hosted in 4 cities. This tournament is the second event in the circuit. The results of the previous event can be found here and the next event will be Who's Tyler? 4 (thread coming soon.)

All info about the circuit can be found in the main thread.

It's in the DFW so......

Rules:
The rules can be found in the LSC2 Main Thread
Basically this event will run URC with some minor modifications, like MK legal in singles and doubles, and a modified counter-picking rule for MK players. Be sure to check them out!

Date and Time
We are shooting for April 13th, that will be 100% confirmed once a venue is locked in. Time will be whatever Denti and the venue decide to run. For new players expect to be there from before noon to later in the night (Usually from like 10 or 11 till 8-10 at night.)

Event Fees:

Venue Fee: will likely depend on venue. Probably $5 or $10, we will know soon enough.

LSC Fee: will be a $2 or $3 dollar fee (taken with venue fee) to go towards a pot bonus at the LSC2 championships. Get hype!

Singles Fee: $10

Doubles Fee: $20 per team($10 per person)

Side Event(TBA): will probably be $5, expect P:M or Mid/low or something along those lines. A side event is not guaranteed to happen.

Payouts:
1vs1 Payouts for 49 players or less:
1st==48%
2nd==22%
3rd==14%
4th==8%
5th==4%
5th==4%

1vs1 Payouts for 50 players or more:
1st==44%
2nd==22%
3rd==16%
4th==10%
5th==6%
5th==6%
7th==3%
7th==3%

2vs2 Payouts:
1st==45%
2nd==25%
3rd==15%
4th==10%
5th==2.5%
5th==2.5%

Circuit Points:
1vs1 points if there are 49 or less entrants:
1st==45 points
2nd==35 points
3rd==25 points
4th==20 points
5th(x2)==15 points
7th(x2)==10 points
9th(x4)==07 points
13th(x4)==05 points

1vs1 points if there are 50 or more entrants:
1st==95 points
2nd==70 points
3rd==50 points
4th==35 points
5th(x2)==25 points
7th(x2)==20 points
9th(x4)==15 points
13th(x4)==10 points
17th(x4)==07 points
25th(x8)==04 points
33rd(x8)==01 points

2vs2 points*:
1st==45 points
2nd==35 points
3rd==25 points
4th==20 points
5th(x2)==15 points
7th(x2)==10 points

(*if you team with someone other than who you teamed with at HOBO 39, you only take half of your circuit/seeding points with you to your new team. See main thread for more details)

Housing, Setups, and other information:
For free housing, please post in the thread and ask if you can stay anywhere. There are several players in the area(Infinity, ALSM, Sethlon) who potentially can house people, but you gotta ask first!
Also, if you need a ride from a bus stop or something, many players in DFW can drive and surely would be willing to pick you up, should you need them to(also ask in this thread)

Also, PLEASE bring set-ups! We will need as many as possible. I do not yet know if bringing a set-up will waive your venue fee, but the second I find out I'll post, and update the OP. I'm sure it will though.
Many of these details rely on the venue that is chosen. For now, you should plan like the venue is going to be Evo Games.
A set-up is a TV, a Wii, and a Brawl Disc. If you can ONLY bring a TV, post about it, we can probably use it. Likewise if you can only bring a wii and brawl, post, we can probably make use of it. I don't know about waiving your venue for that, even if a full set-up would.

If you have any questions, about rules, prices, housing, or any other issue, feel free to post in this thread. We are happy to help you out!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
OP missing a few things, not counting the current Circuit points everyone has, that's Xyro's job.
Need to paste the CP people get for their placing and such.

Might go depending on SA carpools.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
I used the HOBO 39 thread as a guideline, so if I'm missing info it's because he did lol~
I can add that though, I suppose.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Don't make a thread if the date and venue are not sealed. This doesn't look good on the LSC, denti or you. Please delete this trash.

Edit: also, denti or a fellow Dallas TO needs to be the one to make the thread too.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
Hope its on the 20th. Also, at hobo 39, venue fee wasn't waived with a setup. Again, I'm sure the lsc fee is mandatory. The venue fee i guess would be waived determining the venue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom