• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee 3! WC coming strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

porc

Smash Journeyman
Salepate, Wii Lee, and I are very interrested in coming to this.
We can't confirm right now (cause of probable school / job) but it's very likely we will.

We would like to spend like a week or so in NY (nov. ~17 - ~24), so any smasher up for housing 3 frenchies (even for one night, we can move from places to places) ? :)

As far as level goes, Salepate is one of the top french players, I'm quite ok too (some might remember me, I was at Genesis) and Wii Lee is also fairly decent.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
I was joking.....yessh I graduated from college wit a electrical engineering degree I would be ashamed if I rilly couldn't......plus I get more paper than most smashers lol

LLDL

Smash Hero
I was joking.....yessh I graduated from college wit a electrical engineering degree I would be ashamed if I rilly couldn't......plus I get more paper than most smashers lol
yeah i knew u could. still the picture of like 20 earth populations in 1 room lol

Lovage

Smash Hero
Salepate, Wii Lee, and I are very interrested in coming to this.
We can't confirm right now (cause of probable school / job) but it's very likely we will.

We would like to spend like a week or so in NY (nov. ~17 - ~24), so any smasher up for housing 3 frenchies (even for one night, we can move from places to places) ? :)

As far as level goes, Salepate is one of the top french players, I'm quite ok too (some might remember me, I was at Genesis) and Wii Lee is also fairly decent.
omfg frenchies!!!

this tourny just got international son

someone give these fine men housing

angel_without_heart

Smash Apprentice
haha well done porc, i didn't know you and other z-smasher are interrested for this tourny
sound good for you

and selepate isn't legit, he just the kind of guy who powershield evrything and fsmash your face out of shield.
Remenber over with his scary powershield, this guy does the same thing everytime with other crazy stuff.

LuCKy

Smash Master
werd last time after rom2 me g$ lucky emily and stacey went to the movies to see paranormal activity and lucky jumped on me ^_~ <333 LOLOLOLOL
aye man i was the only one without anyone to hug lol that **** was mad scary!!! not my fault NY had some beast *** speakers that made the bass so loud that the theater was shakin . . . lol but <3333 for lendin that arm :]

either way im comin to this for sureee lol assuming im being housed by G$ or hazz :] no way im going anywhere else <3

-edit i think im looking forward to this more then apex just because ROM2 was the best trip of my life lol

Alukard

Smash Hero
aye man i was the only one without anyone to hug lol that **** was mad scary!!! not my fault NY had some beast *** speakers that made the bass so loud that the theater was shakin . . . lol but <3333 for lendin that arm :]

either way im comin to this for sureee lol assuming im being housed by G$ or hazz :] no way im going anywhere else <3

-edit i think im looking forward to this more then apex just because ROM2 was the best trip of my life lol
ooo man ... good **** ^_^ ... hopefully this time it'll be just as good if not 10x better LOL

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord

i 2nd this :)

whats good

PEEF!

Smash Hero
its not.

I talked to alukard about it this past weekend
what a harmful idea banning wobbling is

banning unbroken techniques because people want to make it easier on themselves. The biggest mistake in smash: Taking away a tool that makes the 9th best character in the game...the 9th best character in the game.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
wow peef dont bring your hate in here, this tournament is gonna ****. Rom1 and 2 were two of the greatest melee tournaments ever, I give mad props to Alukard.
I'm sure the tourney was fun. Especially for the people who don't play a character who isn't broken (not even "good") yet gets his techniques banned because Chu used to time people out with wobbling. Make it illegal past 200%, and it is completely non-gamebreaking. Nobody will argue that 200% wobbling makes the ICs break Melee. So don't ban it!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
maybe I don't know what I'm talking about but I was under the impression, and from experiences of it happening, that it can be done at any percent.

which is to say that it has little to do with timing out a match but more to do with an automatic stock from any damage on any character at any location on any (legal) stage

PEEF!

Smash Hero
maybe I don't know what I'm talking about but I was under the impression, and from experiences of it happening, that it can be done at any percent.

which is to say that it has little to do with timing out a match but more to do with an automatic stock from any damage on any character at any location on any (legal) stage
No, there is significant room to break out in the beginning, and most people can break out by mashing before 40%. With lovage-style breakout ability, you could break out at 60 or so, even if the wobble is excecuted perfectly.

Combine this with the fact that Dthrow>Charge Fsmash, Uthrow Charge Fsmash (for the reverse) or Dthrow>Usmash combo kills every relevant character pretty much regardless of where they are on the stage at about 80 or 90%, and the wobble becomes a tool of narrow use. At 80 or 90, you will die anyway. You CAN get out at 60. That leaves a very narrow window of actual usefulness.

This is why Chu places identically at tournaments with and without wobbling (when it is banned as a stall, which I completely agree with). In fact, During the approximate time period of FC3, he placed better at 2 nationals that banned wobbling and worse at the one that allowed it.

Alukard

Smash Hero
thats sooo awesome ... now lets all pay close attention to how its still going to be banned...

are u still looking ?!?!?!

YUP ... still banned

LuCKy

Smash Master
. . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . .LOL alukard is the man xD and did peef just complain about his character not being good? lol saying your character isnt as good or broken wont get you anywhere . . your the one who picks it >.>

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
I WILL BE HOUSING FOR THIS EVENT.

An hour away from the venue about, most likely will be housing most of FL. I'm an hour away from the venue so its not too far, but worth it if you don't want an overcrowded place to stay. Contact me for any further info.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
WOBBLING

i believe shouldnt be banned cause dont get grabbed

scrubs

all tho it is really gay and fuks with your head cause instead

of playing your game your thinking **** if i get grabbed

SOOOO just have the gentlemens rule

if an IC's player plays u and u say u cant wobble then u cant

if they dont care then wobble em

=D

Alukard

Smash Hero
LOL at all of this ... peef i saw u poop on a sheik taking her across the world of yoshis playing hot potato ... with nana and popo ... u dont need wobbling LOL

kyu puff .... NO LOL

Lucky ... <3 u guys better come to ROM3 i miss ya too too much ... we gotta chill with hazz and play melee drunk ... mango and hazz think they are unstoppable LOL

EDIT i just saw mangos rule ... that sounds like a nice idea bro ... i mean thats fine too i guess

hmmmmmmmmm *rubs chin*

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
WOBBLING

i believe shouldnt be banned cause dont get grabbed

scrubs

all tho it is really gay and fuks with your head cause instead

of playing your game your thinking **** if i get grabbed

SOOOO just have the gentlemens rule

if an IC's player plays u and u say u cant wobble then u cant

if they dont care then wobble em

=D
Wobbling itself isn't that broken. It's more of a safetynet Imo. Getting the grab is kinda hard on good players who know the matchup. UNLIKE YOU MANGO, MOST PEOPLE DONT lolololol.

90% of smashers don't know the IC matchup. This is why wobbling is looked at as broken, people don't know how to counter it. Overall, it should be banned. Theres no reason for an infinite to be legal when it has plenty of room for abuse.

Hax

Smash Champion
wooord hbox

team 1st place

linguini's tight

edit: wtf @ banning wobbling? thats like banning kirbyciding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom