• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee 3 "upsetting" results!!

Alukard

Smash Hero
singles

1st 820
2nd 410
3rd 246
4th 82
5th 41
5th 41

doubles

1st 570
2nd 285
3rd 171
4th 57
5th 28
5th 28

payouts ...

congrats to the winners again!!!! =]

Venom NY

Smash Lord
I wanna thank everyone for coming out to ROM 3! There were so many hype matches that weren't recorded like chops vs M2k im sooooooooo sad noone recorded that...I tried to record as much as I could....trying to help t.o and record on day 1 is officially IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I am uploading a **** load of videos i still wish i had hundreds more up on my youtube channel so you can see people doing sheiks upsmash pose when it was m2k vs kibrykaze and see M2K does this HILARIOUS head roll when he sd'd LMAOOOOOO i cant wait for everyone to see it.
Anyways again, thanks to everyone that came out, im glad I met some old school legends who were like my idols when I use to play back them and see chillin and tope ****ing ****** in brackets was HYPE!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dionis8534#p/u/18/e_AfSjRN0sM

From there just keeping clicking the next video above of the current...Enjoy and I hope to see you guys again next time.

TheGoat

Smash Ace
Whoa. 2 questions: Is it possible to know what characters the players used??
And, who is jesus lol?

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Haha, this was a really great regional. It was pretty much what I've always imagined a bigger tournament would be like. Props to Alu and the other to's for hosting, Toy Wiz for being an amazing venue, that pizza place next door for having chicken wings, all of the amazing talent for coming, NC for ******, Canada for being amazing to talk to, Western New York for taking me with them, and Minic for being an amazing team mate.

Edit: Special beam cannon all day!

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Were ANY matches recorded? Like, the actual matches not the crowd camera

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
Had a total blast;

shoutouts:

peepee: show up last minute and ****? **** kevin. your falco is way to clean and efficient

m2k: don't quit man, you are a true inspiration in melee, and a testament to how far someone with dedication and hard work can get.

kirbykaze: <3 you, words can't describe how happy I am with you

jman: i will always love your fox. you were really chill this tournament, but we never got to sit down and play or chat

mango: **** son, i wanna see that fox take names haha, but i feel ya, sometimes you got your own reasons for ****.

hungrybox: for organizing side bets in everything. **** was so hype.

lucky: chilling with you and talking at the pizza place was really awesome, i learned a lot from you

vanz: you were the bane of my existence this weekend, getting you in teams pools, and singles pools. but i love ya still, you're such a nice guy.

darc: love and hate playing you. love you cause you're such an awesome guy, hate playing you because for some reason i cant ever get into serious mode and really give you better matches.

hazz: i had fun chilling and playing with you. i was really glad you made it to bracket.

jesiah: we blew in teams. you did well in singles.

steve and minh: **** job in teams. seriously.

steve: **** job in crews.

husband and wife: **** double peach. poor fox.

nonna's pizza: best pizza

prog: we finally played homie

D1: mah dude

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Also, I am uploading a **** load of videos i still wish i had hundreds more up on my youtube channel so you can see people doing sheiks upsmash pose when it was m2k vs kibrykaze and see M2K does this HILARIOUS head roll when he sd'd LMAOOOOOO i cant wait for everyone to see it.
Awesome tournament, so much hype!

I uploaded some videos of the crowd during Grand Finals... video quality isn't great but it'll hopefully tide you guys over until some better quality vids get put up (I know I saw some of you with real video cameras!):

http://www.youtube.com/user/budai578?feature=mhum

Oh I also got some of KK vs PP in winner's semi-finals. You can see some of the Sheik-Upsmash pose in game 4 at least. I think I caught M2K's head roll somewhere too, lol.

xHayatox

Smash Lord
for some odd reason i called out dr pp was going to win and some kids on the stream laughed at me. why dont u laught at me now! mofakkahz

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
Awesome tournament, had a lot of fun. Got closest I ever came to making bracket! Shoutouts:

R1 pools:
Henry - Sounded like you just showed up for the hell of it, I appreciate that. GGs!
P.C. Jona - GGs in our match, had a lot of fun <3
HugQ - I am so sorry about the timeout match one. I didn't even intend to do it until there were like two minutes left. Also, sorry about the side-B spike match 3. I had no idea how to edgeguard you and decided to do something insane/stupid lol. GGs, your Samus is so good.
Thorn - Falco dittos are too fun. Thanks for the matches, GGs.

R2 pools:
Dr. PeePee - Thanks for showing me just how ridiculous Falco dittos can be. Had so much fun even though I got systematically destroyed, GGs.
Hazz - I almost had you! Last stock is too close. That was the most exhilarating set of the tournament for me, thanks and GGs.
Jinjo - Had a lot of fun in this set, GGs :D

Friendlies:
Project - That was a lot of fun. The up-throw upair upair combo was something I'd been wanting to do for a long time <3
Lovage - Thanks to my matches with you, I am no longer afraid of playing fast spacies. Thanks a bunch :D
KevinM - Keep being awesome, matches were fun.
Kage - Only got to play a few matches with you, but they were really fun. Your Ganon is amazing as always.
DJNintendo - You're awesome, thanks for the matches.
G$/Alukard - Thanks for the teams friendlies early on day one. So fun <3
I'll get more of these as I remember lol.

Pittsburgh:
D20 - It's been too long since we played, friendlies were great.
Vudujin - Luigi still too good.
TheLake - Best Zelda, period.
Gouda - Keep it up, it's tough playing Samus.
Taki, Naka, Carroll, ReadySetGo, I didn't get to see you play/talk to you much, but much love <3

TOs/staff:
Alukard - Thanks for setting this up. RoM 2 was my first tournament and I didn't win a single game in my R1 pool. This time I was one stock from making it to bracket. Awesome tournament, awesome experience.
Prog - Dutifully keeping up with everything, awesome. I left around when teams bracket started and caught grand finals on the stream/play-by-play. It was amazing.
Other staff - Thanks for making everything possible <3.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Prog/ Gmoney - thank you so much. you guys really saved my *** in some pivotal moments plus you showed me a good time. NY is the ****.

Kage - Team Double Ganon is all im saying. That stuff works. I wish you would have ***** more in singles gotta cheer on my Ganon Bros.

RockCroc - Dude I never really realized how much of a beast you were Till I played you and Kage both. Good stuff man.

Carroll - 17th? Thats not too bad for two guys who have never played together before.

Rest of Pittsburg - Was cool to hang with you guys i had A lot of fun. Hopefully you guys will make it out to Pound.

Long Island Crew - You guys were beast as hell too. Thanks for staying in the hotel with me. You guys also saved the day big time.

Khanti - LoL all day.

Vanz - ^

Snap. - x2 ^

To whoever brought the Project M setup - If i could get a copy of that it may just save the TN smash community lol. There are at least 20 people who would keep playing Brawl if they had PM.

Peepee - Im so glad the south brought this home. Im going to make a celebratory Catfish dinner for myself tonight.

Tope - fix your controller so you can continue to **** (harder). Also I hear you play LoL as well. we must play together.

This was such a hype tourney. Im so glad I came up. NY is the shiz and OMFG NONNA'S PIZZA I WANNA TAKE IT HOME WITH ME. I ate so much pizza while I was here. I'll never eat it here again.....

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
KirbyKaze got 3rd at ROM3.
Kage got 3rd at ROM2.

KirbyKaze beat Mango at ROM3.
Kage beat Mango at ROM2.

KirbyKaze got knocked out by PP at ROM3.
Kage got knocked out by PP at ROM2.

KirbyKaze is from Canada.
Kage is from Canada.

Whoa.

Top Bottom