• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Revival of DGames" Mafia

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't like ryu because

• His D1 was literally just passable enough for me to defend him being lynched based on just what I saw then. It was at best Ryu displaying just enough interest for me to say he was "in" the game. And even though his slow plodding style aggravated other people, I decided on it's own it wasn't worth a lynch, however:
  • -At night when I recieved his call, I felt there were shenanigans with how fast it ended, and the fact i remembered ryu claiming no such power as phone calls. This combined with what I read as him dipping from our convo meant his d1 went from town passable to scum doing just enough passable.
  • His explanation of his role was really poor, and Laundry pushed him on it, and I still dislike the idea of handwaving ryu not knowing what his role did as "role / flavor wifom", It just doesn't sit right with me that he'd have no idea a phone could make phone calls
  • His one shot track reeks of BS. Sister role or not, it doesn't make any sense bull**** flavor or not for him to just be magically granted a one shot track, and when he claimed it I instantly felt it was the old fear tactic like "hey look guys i can be useful, don't lynch me" I've done the same sort of claim thing as scum, and I can't ssay i couldn't see Ryu doing it.
  • He's clinging to scum reading me now when almost his whole basis for voting me was thinking I stole the phone from Rosie, and now with saying I haven't explained myself is ridiculous. I've been totally open with my thoughts since starting this. I can't even fathom how he's gone in such a 180 on me based on how he's posting about me
Oh and for bonus points, I had my doubts posted in thread because it occured to me as i typed what kantrip had already thought of, and I posted it before he posted his giant role theory or at least before I had even read the thing. So him saying his post caused me to throttle back is totalt bull**** and he knows it.

:059:

Oh and bonus bonus points, I hate how Ryker can have all the terrible reads he wants now that he's cleared. Making todday about Me vs J is assinine. Like wow yeah great idea lets pigeon hole a day of content between circling the same points on J over and over again and ryker not liking me because...he doesn't agree with me ? A+
Where was all of this day 1?

Have you even considered with what has flipped if it is possible? How about my play today if that at all?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Alright, this is beating around the bush at this point and I'm just wasting my time by continually talking about it.

I think Rake vs Ruy is TvT at this point in time.

This is an analytical point based on their play revolving around each other and the influence of a third party hand.

First things first, let's talk about Ruy's role. His original claim was Raziek, Town Mod, who held possession of a phone that could only receive messages and a gamecube controller. That was the basis of Ruy's role, as it stands. However, upon Rosie dying and flipping as Red Ruy, Town Amnesiac Tracker, Ruy's phone became a neighborizer that could be used with whoever else held the other phone and he gained a one-shot track. Frankly, at first glance, this looks like bull****, but the fact that these are likely linked roles (given the fact both had phones that could likely only send or only receive messages), it explains the transformation of Ruy's role somewhat simply. It's just a matter of whether or not Ruy is actually town, but him gaining a track and a neighborizer doesn't make much sense coming from a poisoner (I'm still working under the assumption that mafia doesn't have two night kills) and him being targeted by a thief makes me think that's fairly likely. I don't like clearing him based on role shenanigans but I think those events do outweigh Ruy's ****-tier play.

Now, Rake walked in this thread with just that first part of the role in mind. It is not directly obvious that Ruy was linked to Rosie's role as it seems most people did not jump to this conclusion immediately (albeit, in hindsight, it does make sense). For Rake to receive a message from Ruy, a guy who claimed he could only receive them himself a day prior, it becomes shifty. For Rake to immediately lose connection before a response can be sent, it becomes immediately shiftier. Rake immediately comes under the impression that Ruy has lied about his role, something he had no reason to do, and thinks Ruy is scummy for it. As a result, he enters the thread and pushes to lynch Ruy because he thinks he's caught lying scum, so there's no reason not to lynch him as soon as the thread starts.

As I see it, this resolution is simple: Ruy has a role that is vague and rather useless but is linked to the Town Amnesiac Tracker. Said tracker gets lynched and Ruy, being effectively a back-up, gets a free track and his phone gets unlocked. Rake gets a message from a guy who previously said he couldn't get them and becomes suspicious. Ruy, being stupid, is not aware how Rake got the phone. Before Rake can respond, NAR kicks in, Ruy's phone is stolen by a third party, day starts, shenanigans.

If something else happens that changes the validity of these observations or challenges my understanding of the situation, I am liable to change these reads, but so far no one has managed to do that, so I am simply waiting for other factors to occur (or, rather, reoccur) to change my mind. As a result, I'd rather not lynch here.

:186:
My thoughts on this whole thing tbh.

Though I do want Rake to elaborate a bit more on the questions I asked him.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You should read the beginning of overswarms final fantasy tactics for the best answer to that
I have not been liking your slots lack of input and you guys being far more lurky along with your jump on me at the start of the day with quoting Rake's reasoning as being your focus point until I called you out on it.

Think J is scum right now? Or Rake?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Vote: J

Better place for a vote right now, if I get up to it I'll actually read the walls but I'd rather both slots condense their points rather than trading walls.

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
I think js more likelt than rake
Dietz i think is the other way around
We gave our own reasoning on you yesterday so stfu about rakes reasoning (that you just said didn't happen till recently) being ours

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I think js more likelt than rake
Dietz i think is the other way around
We gave our own reasoning on you yesterday so stfu about rakes reasoning (that you just said didn't happen till recently) being ours
Yet not a single word today as to why you hopped on opportunistically with Rake's elaborated reasoning as to what happened.

That looks less like you cared about that and more so with whatever Rake posted.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
You should read the beginning of overswarms final fantasy tactics for the best answer to that
Or I could wait for Ryker to answer the question himself.

New. It was a mini that was over by the end of day 2 that was largely dominated by myself and Dastrn, Spak was basically swallowed up by what we were doing. He was town and the mafia players were acting scummy so it ended without him shining or having much input.
Did he play similarly to how his playing here?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
What of Gheb's play made you so sure to think he was town? What makes you think that if you were wrong he would have ****ed you so hard? Like what do you think Gheb could have done to you in specific that not roleblocking him seemed like a bad idea to you?
I was referencing the last time I thought Gheb was town on D1 and almost had to bite off my own **** because of it (FFT Mafia). I thought he was town because he was, by far, the most vocal person other than myself about not lynching Ruy or J at the end of Day 1.

That and, let's be real, no one is night killing you.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I was referencing the last time I thought Gheb was town on D1 and almost had to bite off my own **** because of it (FFT Mafia). I thought he was town because he was, by far, the most vocal person other than myself about not lynching Ruy or J at the end of Day 1.

That and, let's be real, no one is night killing you.
why :c

But for real though, was that really it? Aren't you considering a J lynch this phase?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
That's a fair reason to leave me out, but go ahead and give me a list of mafiats. Eliminate it down as far as you can for me.
Honestly speaking:

vote: J

This is the problem child of that pool of players because he singlehandedly divides them and having his flip on the table allows me to determine who falls where. If he is Mafia, I think that Spak has to be his partner on one hand and Kantrip or even arguably Maven (I think that's farfetched but this is entertaining a scenario where J does flip mafia). If he doesn't, then I think it's better to investigate Wot and Dancer immediately as I think he did have something on those two slots (even if his Maven read is garbage). I also think it'd be quite telling given how he seems rather confident there's only two mafiats this game.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Just saying, if I can narrow down the possible mafia lynchpool, then, with my jail put together with Ruy's track, and any possible other unclaimed roles, we can put a LOT of pressure on mafia tonight.
If J flips town or Indy, look at Dancer/Wot
If he flips Mafia, body Spak/Kantrip.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
@ #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry I get the dislike of Spak, but he's not really a slot I think I can get a solid read on without his extending his hand out without someone else holding it.
Then he's devoid of all blame. I'm not gonna watch as others hold his hand as he sheeps every major wagon as it crops up. I need something I can hold him to beyond being a sheep as that's a coinflip at best.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
why :c

But for real though, was that really it? Aren't you considering a J lynch this phase?
Yes I am considering a J lynch this phase (although I'm not going to press it to fruition as I still haven't read his entire dissertation from this phase and it could change my mind). I was not last phase and I felt very confident that, given how utterly ****ty the lynch options looked from an outside perspective, that scum would not be trying to divert the wagons at the end of the day phase.

Am I supposed to be more confident? I didn't read **** until today.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If J flips town or Indy, look at Dancer/Wot
If he flips Mafia, body Spak/Kantrip.

Buddy, you and me are gonna have massive issues. I just can't for the life of me see a world in which we don't even consider Rake as scum and I can see Rake as scum on BOTH J flips.

Ok. Sell me. Why should I ignore Rake or how should I solve for him tonight?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Bleugh.

Can someone point me to Watt's take on Ryu/Rake. I'm seeing it mostly ignored in a light skim of this page.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Buddy, you and me are gonna have massive issues. I just can't for the life of me see a world in which we don't even consider Rake as scum and I can see Rake as scum on BOTH J flips.

Ok. Sell me. Why should I ignore Rake or how should I solve for him tonight?
Honestly speaking, I don't want Rake ignored. I think he's town for the moment but out of my townread list, he is the first to fall should my scumpool not hold all the scum. The better plan is to try to further read him, so use actions on that result. I didn't want to outright say this (as I don't want to direct Ruy to a roleblock), but out of everyone, I think he should get Ruy's track tonight. That seems to be the easiest way.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Yes I am considering a J lynch this phase (although I'm not going to press it to fruition as I still haven't read his entire dissertation from this phase and it could change my mind). I was not last phase and I felt very confident that, given how utterly ****ty the lynch options looked from an outside perspective, that scum would not be trying to divert the wagons at the end of the day phase.

Am I supposed to be more confident? I didn't read **** until today.
No I meant because your reason for townreading Gheb was because he wasn't pushing a J or Ryu lynch D1, while you are now considering it.

What changed?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
The entirety of the Ruy/Rake scenario?

Look at where J sits on it. It's disgusting. Lemme go find that post that I hated so much:

This is one of the weirdest claims/situations.

It's one of those situations where "too silly to not be faked" but at the same time I just really don't like this claim at all.

I have thoughts on both avenues meaning if Ryu flips X or Y I have opinions on what could be the cause.
This one reeks of fence sitting and is lightly throwing support behind lynching Ruy despite seemingly not have a strong feeling either way on which way Ruy would flip.

That and the initial way he brought up his Dancer read wasn't cool.

That and his initial lynch pool of Ruy/Maven.

Besides that, going digging looking through his posts I saw things I DID like (such as the way he was provoking further comment out of over half the cast last weekend). I need to read the entirety of his Day2.

I also realized I don't think I'm actually on Vote: Rake. I think the best lynch today is Rake, followed, surprisingly, by Watt.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
The entirety of the Ruy/Rake scenario?

Look at where J sits on it. It's disgusting. Lemme go find that post that I hated so much:

This one reeks of fence sitting and is lightly throwing support behind lynching Ruy despite seemingly not have a strong feeling either way on which way Ruy would flip.

That and the initial way he brought up his Dancer read wasn't cool.

That and his initial lynch pool of Ruy/Maven.

Besides that, going digging looking through his posts I saw things I DID like (such as the way he was provoking further comment out of over half the cast last weekend). I need to read the entirety of his Day2.

I also realized I don't think I'm actually on Vote: Rake. I think the best lynch today is Rake, followed, surprisingly, by Watt.
Actually that's a good point you bring out, since J accuses Dancer on fence sitting and trying to lynch him for information, while he is guilty of that himself. You still haven't really explained why you town read Gheb D1 tho.

Also @ BarDulL BarDulL Request Vote count. I think @#HBC | J is at L-1as of Laundry's vote.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
My working townlist at the moment:

-Myself
-Ryker
-Ruy
-Rake
-Fandangox

At this stage of the game, my reads have been rather lackluster because I feel like scum have given us very little to work with. I am, however, confident that these players are town. That leaves mafia and the indy between J, Dancer, Wot, Maven, Spak, and Kantrip. No less than half are for sure scum and there's likely to be 4. It's time to start digging.
After reading your big post i think you are right. I was over zealous, and after everything today im gonna let go of ryu

unvote

In other news, i really liked J's wall, I thought it was really well put together in terms of how he drew his connections. I just don't think WaTT and dnacer are together.

I feel like J's argument against dancer just outlines what J doesn't like about Dancer as well as some arguably scummish points. it didn't really feel though like Dancer was scummy for it. Like, it was good, but it didn't make me feel swords was more scumy than the town lean i gave him for how he handled J d1.

Can someone give me a one liner as to why J really thinks Dancer is scum ? Because i felt like J just expected me to reach that conclusion with his post but i kinda didnt

BarDulL

Town Vampire
With 11 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch!

Vote Count 2.2

1. Wots All This Then? (0) :
2. Maven89 (0) :
3. Kantrip (0) :
4. Spak (0) :
5. FandangoX (0) :
6. Red Ryu (0) :
7. #HBC | Dancer (1) : J
8. #HBC | Ryker (0) :
9. Rake the Macaroni Jabroni (3) : Kantrip, Spak, Ryker
10. Laundry (0) :
11. #HBC | J (4) : Fandango, Red Ryu, Maven, Laundry

Not voting: Dancer, Rake

DEADLINE HAS BEEN SET FOR 8/16/2015 at 6:00PM PST!

Last edited:

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Spak, why am I scum over dumb ?

Give me a solid line using your own words.

Also ryker, you'll really need to explain WaTT because i thought he was doing better today than yesterday at least

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Rake...

How did Laundry's post convince you when mine didn't?

So you now think Ryu is town then?
The one were you went through the role stuff ?

It just didn't speak to me the same way. DOn't get me wrong I liked yours but like I said before, i'm really stubborn, laundry just kicked through the wall you had been battering at i suppose.

Also, can you summarize why J dislike dancer for me. I read the wall but i honestly can't remember and it's bugging me because like i said i remember it not convincing me but i might have glazed over the point J was making.

Also, how do you feel about Laundry defending me

I'm willing to see that Ryu can be left alone I suppose. I still have reservations but im more willing now then I was at day start or before to see through my hazey blood scent hunt down of ryu

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Actually that's a good point you bring out, since J accuses Dancer on fence sitting and trying to lynch him for information, while he is guilty of that himself. You still haven't really explained why you town read Gheb D1 tho.
What part of "he did not let J or Ruy die when I think scum would've" is difficult to understand? There isn't more after that, so you're not going to GET more than that.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I always get the girl off first. And we all know between me and laundry he'd the girl.
He's just so kawaii. Thats why i liked his more than kantrip.
kantrips a crocodile. Those things are made for my sweet sweet lovin
:060:

Top Bottom