• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Brampton Smash (Saturday May 21st)

devlol

Smash Rookie
I’m seriously considering hosting a tournament in May. I’m looking for interest from individuals who would be looking to compete in a Melee/Brawl (lol) event.

Where: TBA (Brampton, On, Possibly: Century Gardens Rec Centre)
When: Saturday May 21st

Show some interest and I'll set it up!!!

Melee Rules (Stolen from Nightmare)
•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed
•No Wobbling
•Dave's stupid rule

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Brawl Rules (Unity)

Attending:
1.) Dev
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)
11.)
12.)
13.)
14.)
15.)
16.)
17.)
18.)
19.)
20.)

Equipment:
Wii - Dev
GC -
Melee - Dev
Brawl - Dev
TV - Dev (Possibly)

I will also be doing music for the event, but we're going to do this right. I'll control the sets until we are underway, after you are victorious in one of your sets, you can request a song, the songs requested will be played in the order I receive the victors request. Essentially, the music is under your control after the tourney is under way.

dani_morera

Smash Rookie
me gusta la idea estoy buscando amigos que jueguen SSBB pues la vdd hace poco lo tengo y pues quiero saber que tal es mi nivel de pelea si alguno por ahi esta interesado porfavor me podria dejar su codigo de amigo brawl y pues mi correo es danielmorerabedoya@hotmail.com si quieren me agregan ahi y quedamos para jugar un rato

~XP~

Smash Apprentice
If someone can take me to the venue (when it gets updated), then I will be willing to attend. Well, that and if it's on the weekend.

Gichan

Smash Champion
ok dev....on Saturday, April 30th, awesome BUT WHERE IS IT AT?

I'm getting skeptical, you really think you can find a venue in one week? I hope you can. Maybe it's easier to find one in Brampton but in Toronto, it's not happening.

Good luck, I really wanna see this happen. If you need any help you can ask me, first advice let panelists seed for you so people don't hate you for bad brackets. Regardless of what people say, Tin Man has been doing a good job with that.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I need a ride there and back, but I'll be there for Brawl and possibly Melee. I guess I'll get to see how good my Young Link/Peach have gotten. Probably not very. And oh god, Unity Ruleset. For Melee, iunno about Brinstar. I guess I have my ban against not-Marth cut out for me.

Seriously, though, was it really necessary to put lol after Brawl?

devlol

Smash Rookie
I just realized I'll be out of the country on the 30th ...huzzah for ***********, I was thinking may 21st (May) instead. The venue I'm looking at has that free.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Better fix that then.

Wait, the OP implies a single set-up... That's just not going to work.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
*EDIT* I seriously need someone to take away my keyboard when I'm in a bad mood.

devlol

Smash Rookie
Date changed to the 21st of May, hopefully booking the venue this sunday. Hopefully I'll be able to get some help setting up tree's.'

Also: I need volunteers to bring tv's/wii/gc/melee/brawl. If you can contribute, it will save my friends and I having to scramble to find equipment.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Dude please hurry up on details, you're only going to have people's attention dissipate. If you need help with anything I don't mind helping, but please get a venue confirmed soon.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Last time brampton hosted a tournament it became known as the worst tournament ever run in Ontario smash history, and is one of the major reasons we don't have out of country players like Lain attend anymore.

Dev. The bar ain't set too high for you, try not to **** this up.

lain

Smash Master
They decided to run "Bracket Pools", which consisted of 8 players each who all were set up in a SINGLE ELIM bracket, only the 1st place winner of each pool was gonna make it out. I was completely outraged and basically decided to run the entire tourney myself -_-;;.... Oh and they also put Ally, Holy, NOJ (other top MI player), AND me in the same side of the bracket. FAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLll

But naw I still <3 Canada though, I'll be coming rulllllll soon. Just gotta get my passport >>

Patches

Smash Master
All I remember, was that it was my first tourney, and watching judge play a lot. And I had to play ally and.. No (?), first round.

Also, dat name searching lain.

:phone:

Top Bottom