• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Brampton - Brampton Monthlies #1 - February 22nd, 2014 - Brampton, Ontario

D

Deleted member

This will be my first tournament, Mr. Game and Watch all the way!!!

Briefs

Smash Rookie
NNID
Briefs
So how many people are going? I saw 83 on facebook, and other people who don't have facebook are guaranteed.

Coastward

Smash Lord
we're expecting 80+ which is awesome. i really wish there weren't any bigger events streaming on the same day, we would've gotten A LOT of viewers on the stream.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Are you guys going to run this tournament every month? And if so, is the schedule going to be different?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That's great. One last thing though.

Can we pay for the Singles Pools and the Singles Brackets individually? I'm saying this because I know for sure that I won't be able to stay all the way to 11:30 so paying for both would kinda be counterproductive.

Coastward

Smash Lord
its 10$ for melee singles.

pools is what determines whether or not you make it into bracket or not, they aren't two seperate events.

Jaysus

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the event! I had a blast as a n00bie and as a tourney virgin. Met some awesome people and got to play a Pichu ditto in pools! Great time with some great people!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Sucks that I couldn't attend. Maybe if the schedule is diiferent next time i'll be able to go.

D

Deleted member

It was my first tournament, I would have to say it was good except for the power outages, constant alarms going off, and I think that the project M pools should start earlier

Coastward

Smash Lord
thanks again for coming guys.

unfortunately some stuff went down that we didnt expect to happen, and it set us back a bit with the schedule.
we WILL be planning the next tournament soon so stay tuned, also the result thread will be up soon also.

Briefs

Smash Rookie
NNID
Briefs
That was really fun for my first tourney. At least now I know what to expect for my next one.
Expect me again at the next one!

N00B64

Smash Cadet
oh man I was so bad in this! :c
at least my little brother had fun.

speaking of which, sorry if he annoyed any of you guys or people on the stream. I assume he was well behaved because he usually is, but even though I told him "don't commentate", he ended up on mic anyways.

thanks for the tourny, and hope to see the next one soon.

Briefs

Smash Rookie
NNID
Briefs
Yeah that kid was badass. I'll be honestly disappointed if I don't see him at the next one.

Also, can we please get a fan or some AC at the next one. I'm sure I wasn't the only one dying from heat exhaustion.

D

Deleted member

Oh awesome, I thought it was called Brampton *monthlies* implying once per month. Bimonthly is cool too.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Oh awesome, I thought it was called Brampton *monthlies* implying once per month. Bimonthly is cool too.
It was but with how big the first one was I think they want to do them a few times a year instead of once a month to focus on making them bigger and better instead of competing with all the other Ontario tournaments every month. Since March is pretty packed and already over I think they postponed it to April which doesn't have much so they can take more time to plan it and have a tournament before May and June which are even more packed.

That being said, the next Brampton tourney should be awesome since there aren't many tournaments in April, until then there are Toronto monthlies and other Ontario tournament to check out.

N00B64

Smash Cadet
, I thought it was called Brampton *monthlies* implying once per month. Bimonthly is cool too.
coast already said earlier in the thread that there were things going on in march so there wouldn't be one for march.

gonna be planning very soon, most likely in april since there's a few events going on in march already.
tourneys should still be monthly, there were just complications that stopped it for that specific month.
hope to see you there at the next one.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
MAN I missed this, hope theres another soon, I reeally want to play some PM with new people.

Top Bottom