• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reviewing my Weegee

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
I think...

-that I don't know anything about fighting Yoshi. So take any/all of this with a grain of salt

-It looks to me like you're throwing out random attacks whenever possible, but that could be the way to go about fighting Yoshi, so who knows.

-lol misfire combo attempt

-use down B when recovering to force him to do something besides edgehog -> roll.

-I think you throw out fireballs at the expensive of being able to position yourself advantageously too much after your combo finishes. Even when they fly out of range of another hit I think it's often better to follow them and threaten hits as they try to get back to a neutral position.

-normally I would tell you to use throw mixups if they know how to DI Luigi's throw but I don't think any of his throws combo Yoshi, haha.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
gustav is best weegee playar
Thanks for that pointless comment.

I feel ya Gustav. I do happen to live in the land of Low tiers XD

Mutliple Aerials. Since Luigi doesn't have a full punishable movie in the air, It seems that I might be throwing out random aerials, though I am just placing another move if I predict correctly.

Fireballs. I can agree with you on that. I wish Luigi had better aerial momentum horizontally :p The fireballs (in AZ, we call them FEARballs) Because they just do that, redirect a opponent to an advantage,

Playing Yoshi is odd though. Since Vector is nearly the best in the game right now (at playing yoshi), I'd be easier if he wasn't so damn good already.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Stop rolling so much ... it's not like Yoshi's moves / pressure game are that scary that you'd have to roll <_<

If you're going to roll, at least roll away because then they need to have the super read to punish you (at least as Yoshi, I don't think he's fast enough to get to you on reaction)

...That being said, stop rolling
In almost every situation I think you would've been fine with a simple wavedash out of shield (which you should also implement into your game because it's amazing)

Really you should stop shielding so much in general. Yoshi's not exactly the best rushdown character ...

I think you recover low too much vs Yoshi. Vs some (probably most) characters it's the better choice but I don't think Yoshi has a particularly strong and fast attack to punish you that hard for landing on stage, but it's an easy edgehog for him if you predictably recover low every time because he has the instant turnaround doublejump edgehog ... he just does that whenever you do your 2nd missile into the stage and you're dead
Remember you can also airdodge onto the stage if you're close enough

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Yoshi is the best rushdown character.

*edit*

so i dont look like a spamming *******, heres more videos for you guys to disect

Rubyiris (Falco) vs Nicknyte (Luigi)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXFERU7r80w

I know the luigi matchup fairly well and I know all of Nicknyte's habits, so it might be a better idea to critique these matches.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
No that's peach
Only 6 vulnerable frames during Nair shield pressure
Rigged???

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Whatever
Pikachu for best rushdown character

Didn't notice new vid

To have any chance at edgeguarding Falco's sweetspot from above from the stage you need to be basically at the very edge ... although I think you had time to jump out there and chop him out of most angles if you reacted fast enough
Could try downward angled ftilt to cover the downward angled sweetspot, but usually the just grab the ledge ... sometimes it works if they're holding down still

Other than that, fighting Falco on stage sucks
Even though rubyiris was letting you shieldgrab him a bunch

There was even one time where he started an up-b within your immediate chop range
It doesn't get more free than that
Gotta kill him

Probably been covered already but stop fireballing during their recovery, it's too laggy and it's just asking them to side-b over or under it with no fear of retaliation

Also vs Falco I think you should be side-bing low so he can't just ledgehop spike you to death

Nice attempt at wavedash off fireball though xD would've worked if you used a faster move than Dair

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
<_< U do not know how it is to fight Vector's Yoshi. Trust me. He rushdowns enough. I can't say the rolling is a bad thing though, not unless your being hella obvious about it. <_<;

Rubyiris? That you? God. I hope U know I spend a lot more time and effort playing against's Tim's Yoshi, than your lazer Falco. XP jk jk, Your good company Ruby.

Dem Fearballs.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I think Vectorman could've punished you much more for rolling if he was more patient.

Regardless, wavedash OoS would have gotten you out of the situation also

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Whatever
Pikachu for best rushdown character

Didn't notice new vid

To have any chance at edgeguarding Falco's sweetspot from above from the stage you need to be basically at the very edge ... although I think you had time to jump out there and chop him out of most angles if you reacted fast enough
Could try downward angled ftilt to cover the downward angled sweetspot, but usually the just grab the ledge ... sometimes it works if they're holding down still

Other than that, fighting Falco on stage sucks
Even though rubyiris was letting you shieldgrab him a bunch

There was even one time where he started an up-b within your immediate chop range
It doesn't get more free than that
Gotta kill him

Probably been covered already but stop fireballing during their recovery, it's too laggy and it's just asking them to side-b over or under it with no fear of retaliation

Also vs Falco I think you should be side-bing low so he can't just ledgehop spike you to death

Nice attempt at wavedash off fireball though xD would've worked if you used a faster move than Dair
I get shield grabbed a lot against everyone. I'm super inconsistent @ shield pressure.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Who needs shield pressure when you can just autocancel Bair on their shield
What can Luigi do about it

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Don't think Luigi can wavedash OoS fast enough to punish your autocanceled Bair
If he could Winston would probably complain less about the matchup

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Pressuring shields is more fun.
Indeed it is, but you shouldn't be getting shieldgrabbed on the first aerial you do on their shield.

yes, he can retreat, and he can't punish it unless you let him really.
Excellent for Luigi.

Sure it's not instant win, but it's good for Falco. Hell, it's positive EV on characters like Fox and he has way more movement options than Luigi.

Misfire, that's what.
Misfire loses to Falco's bair, not close LOL

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
it looks like throwing out aerials (or carefully planning w/e you wanna call it) is getting you punished by his retreating

like, i dunno much about yoshi but you keep being hit for attacking like that

Top Bottom