• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reverse Ice Block

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I've never read anything about this, so I was really weirded out when this happened. Apparently if you spotdodge desync to have Nana hit an Ice Block, and then pivot with Popo before she starts, she faces the same direction but the Ice Block goes behind her. I can't see how this could possibly be useful but it's pretty cool.

Any ideas on how you would use this in a match?

Edit: It looks like it's either triggered by Popo facing the other way or being behind her at the start of the animation. I guess this has probably been found already, but I couldn't find anything using search.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Nana's blocks always go the same way Popo is facing. I hate it. It takes away from what Nana can do on her own. In no way is it an advantage, or can it be used as one. :(

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Delphiki:

Aha, but it can! Try back-throwing a space animal or Falcon then have Nana do a jumping ice-block. It will go after them and tech-chase for you, and if they fail to tech, it will force them to stand in place after hitting them on the ground. Free grab and vicious combo of your choice.

Why you would do that over another combo is... questionable, but it adds another thing for them to remember: tech the back-throw or die.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Even still, it's less useful than if Nana could simply CONTROL the direction, like Popo. That's kinda what I meant.

And of course leave it to Wobbles to come up with some off the wall combo that is neat but not practical in the least. ^_^

Top Bottom