• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rev3Games Shows Off New Modes, Tidbits About Smash Wii U

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I completely agree.. Though Subspace Emmisary in Brawl was something of a drag at times, the cutscenes were amazing. It was an ultimate fan service by bringing us a world where all our favorite characters co-existed and reacted to one another, it was super great idea. It feels a bit less colorful seeing less and less of a character represented in the Smash Bros. games. Those cutscenes made even R.O.B. and Game & Watch seem a lot more colorful in character. Made them seem like they belonged. It's something of a tragedy they aren't returning, but at least other areas of the game are getting more face time. We can just hope that in the next Smash Sakurai see's fit to bring back that world he gave us. :)
Love your comment. That's all I can say.
It wasn't just Ssb64, Melee had no real cutscenes or story either. Brawl usis unique in that aspectaspect, and if Sm4sh is any indicator it will remain that way.

The reasons are two fold. 1) The game was dropped in Sakurai's lap by surprised and likely was told to get it out the door as fast as possible, thus a story mode was probably the least important part to include considering Ssb has lacked it in most of its history. 2) We the fans ruined it for ourselves. Sakurai never liked that Subspace was spoiled before the game even came out worldwide. I doubt the motivation was there to fight for a mode that requires so much extra effort under obvious time constraints.

Anyway, my point is that a story mode has existed in one out of four games, its not exactly a staple of the franchise.
However, many Melee pros dislike Brawl's slow gameplay, the story mode cutscenes was the only thing that everyone enjoyed in this game. Now the game is more balance and appeal to both the casuals and the competitive players, but with more characters in every series, it could be more complicated for Sakurai to make a story line for every character. Still,I am the story mode fan, and I rather Sakurai delay this game's development to make story cutscenes, of course they give us trailers for every newcomer, but there's no much character interact in it. Again, the ONLY two things that I am still disappointed ever since they revealed Sm4sh are the title and no cutscenes, the rest are AMAZING.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
However, many Melee pros dislike Brawl's slow gameplay, the story mode cutscenes was the only thing that everyone enjoyed in this game. Now the game is more balance and appeal to both the casuals and the competitive players, but with more characters in every series, it could be more complicated for Sakurai to make a story line for every character. Still,I am the story mode fan, and I rather Sakurai delay this game's development to make story cutscenes, of course they give us trailers for every newcomer, but there's no much character interact in it. Again, the ONLY two things that I am still disappointed ever since they revealed Sm4sh are the title and no cutscenes, the rest are AMAZING.[/quote]
Why not make a DLC story mode to come after the DLC characters.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Ya know I think the Pokemon amiibos will be the most perfect amiibos because you're literally training a Pokemon to become stronger like in the actual Pokemon games.

Also it just occurred to me that the amiibos are essentially modern day ROB because they exist to play the game with you and programmed to learn from their experiences, a Robotic Operating Buddy if you will only ya know, they probably function way better than ROB.

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
Hmm, interesting with the amiibos... So does this mean that Mew2King will not only be the best Smasher in the world, but also own the best amiibo? (Until items come)

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Man, this guy is in a hurry... He is hard to follow this way.
Lot's of info and funny things I had not noticed yet.

HONY

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-1450-7268
Amiibo costumes are not permanent. I saw a nintendo rep in a video specifically say that you can change it later at any time.

Shog

Smash Ace
Btw who is with me that buying a rare character amiibo (like captian falcon or samus) is better, because they might be playable characters in future games like Mario Party 10

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Btw who is with me that buying a rare character amiibo (like captian falcon or samus) is better, because they might be playable characters in future games like Mario Party 10
I think for some reason that Mario Kart has this amiibo hidden feature as well... With the announcement of Link being playable as DLC i think it is possible to add even more racers to the roster. Including Captain Falcon since the blue falcon is a vehicle also. Calling them rare is not really in place here though. It's just that the first wave of amiibo's is not including c. falcon. He's in the second wave.

But yeah, nintendo should do some more of these franchise crossovers. Mario Party is one of the obvious games that could do this thing. Personally, I would LOVE the idea of Link and Pit in a crossover adventure game since their appearances match pretty well.

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
I think for some reason that Mario Kart has this amiibo hidden feature as well... With the announcement of Link being playable as DLC i think it is possible to add even more racers to the roster. Including Captain Falcon since the blue falcon is a vehicle also. Calling them rare is not really in place here though. It's just that the first wave of amiibo's is not including c. falcon. He's in the second wave.

But yeah, nintendo should do some more of these franchise crossovers. Mario Party is one of the obvious games that could do this thing. Personally, I would LOVE the idea of Link and Pit in a crossover adventure game since their appearances match pretty well.
oh i am dumb, what i meant is:
buy mario amiiboo: you already have mario in mario party 10
buy samus amiiboo: samus can join the friendship destroyer nr.10 as a character.

Does this explain my point better?

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
oh i am dumb, what i meant is:
buy mario amiiboo: you already have mario in mario party 10
buy samus amiiboo: samus can join the friendship destroyer nr.10 as a character.

Does this explain my point better?
oh like that... yeah could be awesome too... If future games would actually work this way that would make for a great use of the amiibo feature

Ike Tyson

Smash Rookie
Well since you can Customize your character moves at the character select screen that debunks the theory of customs will take forever at tourneys.

Sound for Souls

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0731-6074-6979
It's just that most Mewtwo "Fanboys" are saying that he's the "best character in the world" and stuff.
Seriously, you have no idea how many people say that everyday.
I hear that. But love can do that to a person lol. Allow me to break that thread by saying that the "best character in the world" doesn't really exist. Each and every single person has a best, and the Mewtwo/Ridley fans are just hoping that if they come back to smash, that they will be their bests.

It is true that most of those fans tend to go a bit overboard when talking to people about their favorite characters though. So I understand where your comments are coming from.

Sound for Souls

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0731-6074-6979
So no ice, no non-danger lava, no drop blocks, no wind, no treadmills, no water. Why is the stagebuilder still so lacking?
I know right?! It kind of scares me.. Stage Builder had the potential to become a lot more and this game and I was so overjoyed to see the 'Draw your own stage' mechanic, but it's seeming like there aren't any other items besides that one page of stuff they revealed in the Exstravaganza. I really hope that the game still being in development means they'll expand a bit more on Stage Builder before finishing completely.. Fingers crossed! :crying:

Last edited:

chengen

Smash Rookie
i really hope we will get a smash bros wii u demo so everyone can enjoy some crisp 1080p gameplay a week early or so

Sound for Souls

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0731-6074-6979
Do any other stage bosses appear in Smash Tour, besides Yellow Devil? Or do we not know yet?
What it's looking like is that bosses are being integrated into the stages. Such as Dr. Wiley's Castle: Yellow Devil; Guar Plains: Metal Face; Pyrosphere: Ridley. It looks like there isn't going to be any specific boss mode like in Brawl. Just bosses being a part of stages, and only existing in them as a result. So I'd imagine that if you were taken to those particular stages ( with a boss on them ) that they would be in Smash Tour. Though none of that has been confirmed, thats just how I'd assume it would work.

Last edited:

RunawayTarantula

Smash Rookie
What it's looking like is that bosses are being integrated into the stages. Such as Dr. Wiley's Castle: Yellow Devil; Guar Plains: Metal Face; Pyrosphere: Ridley. It looks like there isn't going to be any specific boss mode like in Brawl. Just bosses being a part of stages, and only existing in them as a result. So I'd imagine that if you were taken to those particular stages ( with a boss on them ) that they would be in Smash Tour. Though none of that has been confirmed, thats just how I'd assume it would work.
You're probably exactly right, thanks for the info!

Also, I really hope there's more than three Stage Bosses.

Sound for Souls

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0731-6074-6979
You're probably exactly right, thanks for the info!

Also, I really hope there's more than three Stage Bosses.
Of course. :b: & I do as well. Bosses always felt like a fun decision. Just as fun as the side modes such as Trophy Rush, Target Blast, Home-Run Contest, if not more. There's something pretty cool in experiencing a boss from a franchise you truly enjoy. As an example, I'm a huge Pokemon fan and Rayquaza showing up in Brawl was pretty awesome. & Seeing him in the cutscene with Diddey and Fox was even cooler lol. My whole point being that I agree with you. Bosses have been a great way to represent not only the franchises they belong to, but the expansively fun Smash Bros. universe as a whole. :)

RunawayTarantula

Smash Rookie
Of course. :b: & I do as well. Bosses always felt like a fun decision. Just as fun as the side modes such as Trophy Rush, Target Blast, Home-Run Contest, if not more. There's something pretty cool in experiencing a boss from a franchise you truly enjoy. As an example, I'm a huge Pokemon fan and Rayquaza showing up in Brawl was pretty awesome. & Seeing him in the cutscene with Diddey and Fox was even cooler lol. My whole point being that I agree with you. Bosses have been a great way to represent not only the franchises they belong to, but the expansively fun Smash Bros. universe as a whole. :)
There's a pic of Rayquaza in the Kalos Pokemon League stage, so there's a chance that he's gonna be a boss again.

Sound for Souls

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0731-6074-6979
There's a pic of Rayquaza in the Kalos Pokemon League stage, so there's a chance that he's gonna be a boss again.
I noticed that as well! :D Though, he doesn't seem like the other stage bosses such as Metal Face & Ridley. At least in the clip that I say he just looked like a stage hazard. Which is still nice, I'm glad he shows at all I suppose.

Top Bottom