• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RESULTS: The Reign of the KKK- 9/15/12 Tempe, AZ

heysuess

Smash Cadet
so where is the part about not treating women "like that"? i wanna hear that part. lol

props to you kira, for manning up though.
I think she was talking asking her out in front of everybody. He announced to the entire room to pause their matches and for her to come to the front of the room.

Saffy

Smash Ace
So Kevin was planning on asking Saffy out in front of everybody at the tourney this past weekend. Classy move right?

She ended up getting freaked out (rightfully so) and left the room. Kevin ended up tracking her down outside in an attempt to court her. She declined.

To anybody that was there am I missing anything? Aaven and myself were too busy feeling awkward about the entire ordeal to remember everything that was occurring.
That's pretty much what happened. But I left the venue before he asked. He decided to do it in the hall with a few people around. Before that he asked to take me outside alone.. Was a bit creepy...

The part that made me very upset was 1) I guess Kevin and Shawn made it a bet. Why does that make me upset? Because you don't ****ing use women like that, or play with their emotions. (This goes for men as well obviously) Don't ask a girl out because of a bet. In order to just gain money. I'm not an object don't treat me like one. I HAVE FEELINGS. I'm not interested in random thirsty *****'s, and by doing crap like that you won't be in a relationship ever. I have more respect for myself then people give me.

2) Rave had a camera going, aka this was planned to go on Youtube/Facebook most likely. Which would have spread throughout the community quickly. Knowing how immature the smash community is as a whole that would be Forever humiliation for me. I'd probably quit smash if I allowed that to happen, but I was smart enough to know something was going on.

My question is... Why on earth would you do it in front of everyone? I feel disrespected.

I dipped out of the venue once I saw the camera. And I am so glad I did. I have a right to be mad and upset. Kevin did apologize but it doesn't change the fact of what he did.

heysuess

Smash Cadet
Shout outs:

1: KiraFlax :rob:/:pit:/:wolf: - Good **** taking 1st and showing off that new tech.

2: Silly Kyle :peach: - Stay free Tucson scum

3: K9 :falco:/:metaknight: - Good **** taking 3rd. We had an awesome set man. I want you to take 1st next tourney. F Kevin in the A.

4: Duff0 :marth:/:fox: - You're a cool dude. Waffle house and chill and it was great to trade yoga tips with you.

5: Yummy :kirby2:/:metaknight: - Hanenbow was awesome. Glad you agreed to it. Stay free to Samus Tucson scum.

5: Stevo :mario2:/:dk2: - Didn't get to speak to you much. F Yummy and his Metaknight.

7: Zynetik :marth: - We had a great set man. I hope I get to play you again before you leave.

7: Airvault :marth: - Didn't get to play you but would like to.

9: RaveRemix :toonlink: - Nice job beating Aaven. Waffle house was great aside from you not wanting hash browns.

9: Moo :metaknight: - We should do Samus dittos next time you're down here.

9: Ever So :) :gw:/:metaknight:/:peach: - Rage less, Tucson scum.

9: Derpdaberp :luigi2:/:pt: - Your Luigi was doing great stuff. We should play a set sometime.

13: HeySeuss :dedede: -Stay free.

13: Nazo :sonic: - Good stuff taking Kevin as far as you did. You'll get him next time.

13: SS :olimar: - Nice work Shane. You get better each time you play.

17: Ensis :toonlink: - Use more zair!!! Had a fun time playing against you. You can never have my glasses!

17: Ominous :gw: - Your game and watch scared me since I don't play against many of them. We should do a Samus ditto soon.

17: Aaven :snake:/:ike: - Your face is like a waterfall.

17: GV7 :lucas:/:rob: - 17th?? What happened? Bingo baby show up?

22: Xerox :rob: - Dude brah. I know you can do better. Use more zero suit.

3: Rubyiris ($3.00) :falco:/:pit:/:fox: - Thanks for the tips for Link and DDD. I'll have to use them next time I play.

4: KiraFlax :charizard:/:wario: - We had a great set. My SDs ruined it for me.

5: K9 :ness2:/:ganondorf: - I'm surprised we didn't have to play in P:M this time since we always do.

5: TommyDerMeister :ganondorf:/:zelda: - Ganon > Me

7: Jesus :link2:/:dedede: - Free

9: Dookdiggity :sheik: - So free. In P:M and Smash64. Go home and be a family man.

9: Prof Oksas :wolf:/:falco: - Had a blast playing against you. Hopefully we play again.

I'm happy I went to the tourney and glad I entered after not entering for months and months. Watch out for that DDD.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
2) Rave had a camera going, aka this was planned to go on Youtube/Facebook most likely. Which would have spread throughout the community quickly. Knowing how immature the smash community is as a whole that would be Forever humiliation for me. I'd probably quit smash if I allowed that to happen, but I was smart enough to know something was going on..
I honestly had NO idea what was going to happen when Kevin asked everyone to gather, and I just started recording for the hell of it. Honestly I didn't really figure out what had happened until after the whole ordeal occurred.

But don't worry, I promise you the video will never be posted.

Jane

Smash Hero
saffy: are you sure kevin was doing it for the money though? how do you know that it wasnt kevin genuinely wanting to ask you out but not having the guts to, and shawn encouraging him by saying "i bet you $ that you wont do it"? that's what it sounds like to me but i dont know. if that IS the case, then thats not objectifying you at all, thats just shawn trying to help his friend out by sticking an incentive in his face.

kevin definitely ****ed up by making it a big public thing. take this as a lesson learned kira. you do this kind of **** discreetly, not shouting to the heavens. lol

Saffy

Smash Ace
saffy: are you sure kevin was doing it for the money though? how do you know that it wasnt kevin genuinely wanting to ask you out but not having the guts to, and shawn encouraging him by saying "i bet you $ that you wont do it"? that's what it sounds like to me but i dont know. if that IS the case, then thats not objectifying you at all, thats just shawn trying to help his friend out by sticking an incentive in his face.

kevin definitely ****ed up by making it a big public thing. take this as a lesson learned kira. you do this kind of **** discreetly, not shouting to the heavens. lol
Money shouldn't be the encouragement. That's just how I see it. :/

When he did ask me he got on one knee and took my hand... I thought he was going to ask me for a facebook marriage proposal at first LOL.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
^can AZ... or just me watch it though?

This **** sounds so funny dude.

i laughed for like 20 minutes at the thought of how awkward it was.

Anyway shoutouts:

1: KiraFlax - Good shiz on your win. That was the hardest i've been ***** in a long time, man. I was sooooooo mad. Not at the end result it was just those ****ing tilts and every time i got hit i wanted to rage and I just kept it in and that's why I exploded into rage after the fact. *sigh* God, I'm still sorta mad, I know I coulda did so much better I just let myself get frustrated. It whatev. Sick win.
2: Silly Kyle - S'cool, diva, until next time.
3: K9 We'll do our money match next time. I should probably level up for it anyway, you're not getting any more money from me.
4: Duff0 - Good to see you after so long. Come more plz. Good convos at carl's jr
5: Yummy - Awesomely chill as always. Didn't talk to you muh this tourney but you're chilling down here with us for a while anyway. We'll do something this weekend, just so you aren't bored.
5: Stevo - GGs. You had so much momentum second match. I wanna beat you so bad it's crazy lol
7: Zynetik - Still never played you but Airvault's marth was ****ing me up this tourney so you might too... maybe... I'd rather play you before I just give you that victory.
7: Airvault - Awesome Peach v Pit matches we had, that was the most fun I had all night. I love discussing the game with you, it's awesome to talk to someone else knowledgeable and not just rainman at the game like Kira lol
9: RaveRemix - GGs in pools, grats at getting first. My MK was playing stupid sloppy yesterday but i'm not mad or anything. However, the only thing I find funny is when people spam and run and then try to tell me off for using MK, when I'm the person chasing them around >_> Don't care much what you think but i'm just sayin' I don't mind powershielding all day but you transform the way I play gdubs into one I have less fun playing so i'm the using the character that gives me more enjoyment in that particular matchup.
9: Moo - Good games, man. My MK was playig bad yesterday that's why I stuck Gdubs even on FD vs diddy. I had peach but I didn't feel like restarting the match. Good stuff though. Not digging the new hair though, I don't like this change.
9: Ever So - All Gdubs in bracket... you're so ****ing casual. Stop falling back on him, be confident with your secondaries otherwise you're just wasting all this time practicing them!
9: Derpdaberp - Thanks for ****** shane for me <3 glad you came around again this was awesome.
13: HeySeuss - Good job on beating Ominous and Yummy even if the latter were really goofy matches. I told Ominous how to play D3 but he forgot *shrug*. I'll try to rage less. Also NICE SHIZ on your date this week, you scored a teacher! that's so ****.
13: Nazo - ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS BEAT KIRA FOR ME ldkrbkrabk..k that would've been soooooooo amazing. GOOD MATCHES THOUGH I'm so mad those weren't saved that **** was crazy to watch I can't believe you were so close and you basically had him. I hate sonic with a passion but I'm a fan bro. I sorta kinda wanna team with you. After I team with Saffy we should consider it ...
13: MBR - THINK I played you in doubles. Good matches if so. If not: hope to play you someday
13: SS - So glad I didn't have to play you this tourney, I ****ing hate fighting you. Good stuff on your Aaven win. Aaven goes marth on me and goes Ike on everyone else so I look extra free. I always feel like there's some phoenix conspiracy against me or something. I'm not that egotistic but... I am a little. I'm joking though...sorta. *sigh* **** you guys lol
17: Ensis - The cake was sooooooo coooooollll. Thanks again, so much! I need to make you part of my phoenix fam. I'm still trying to go to jump street so lemme know if that's something you'd be interested in doing... unless you're too old for trampolines now, Ms. Birthday Girl
17: Ominous - It happens, you're rusty. Teaming actually went better than I thought I was finally able to go MK on a team and it was so much fun. If you weren't leaving I'd have love to polish up our team. Teaming with Gdubs is freaking awesome.
17: Mikee - Good games man, in both doubles and singles: you guys were pretty **** in dubs, that was a hard team lol. Wanna hang this weekend, we can have a smashfest with drinks or something i'll talk to cortez about it.
17: Aaven - It happens. At least you're still one of the sexiest smashers. Man you and Yummy were so **** in dubs. You guys just had too many gimmicks I hadn't seen before. I'm an "experience" player so I appropriately got owned. Can't be mad at being so clearly outclassed in doubles, GGs.
17: GV7 - You still have my <3

--Pools cut off--

22: Lance - Thanks for being so supportive as always and helping running things. bess TO who gets no credit right here, you guys dont even realize how much lance does for the scene sometimes. I'm running a going away tourney for you when you leave =)
22: PotC - Good D3 man. All you need in experience man. Goodtalking to you, you're cool as ****. Maybe one weekend flagstaff can just come to chill with tucson or vice versa =)
22: Xerox - You got gayed and it's really lame. sorry. I hate when smashers get lamed out by the organizational side of tournies. Don't know what else to say =( Just come full force next time man.
22: Jun - Sorry if I don't remember you =/
22: Muffin - Powershielding your glidetossed bomb on Hanenbow was hilarious lmao. I wasn't warmed up when I played you guys so I gave a really terrible performance hopefully next time you'll get better from me. Peach dittos next time, man ;)
22: Hykan - ^Same as what I said to him I will do better for ya next time, I know you guys like to watch stylish Gdubs stuff just as much as me. I love playing with you guys too because you guys are like me and you play for fun and to see funny shiz happen.
22: Softy - Cool seeing you at another tourney, man =)
29: ZER0 - Sorry dont remember you =(
29: Nicean - Yeah, sorry =/

**** man I don't know why I cant get better /kjmgbx .kjdf.jkfds /.jk

I'm starting to think i'm the worst player in the entire scene. I know that sounds crazy but my logic is from a standpoint of while I may not be the worst at any given time, I care more than a lot of people and even so I will get passed up by some new guy in a few months anyway.

OK Maybe that was stupid to say I should say the worst out of the people who actually care which I guess is more accurate. Or maybe i'm just being stupid whatever.

I dunno. regardless of how terrible I feel at all that stuff I like you guys too much to just give up on seeing you guys regularly. SO I'll keep paying to get *****

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Just know that if you keep thinking like that, you'll wind up like me.

Not the attractive and successful part, but the slow decline into going to tournaments but not ever entering and playing, and at that point you actually won't get better.

heysuess

Smash Cadet

Not the attractive and successful part, but the slow decline into going to tournaments but not ever entering and playing, and at that point you actually won't get better.

You should come next time. I plan on bringing a 360 setup with SF, Marvel, and Persona.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
i feel bad for saying this, but the brawl players were very rude this tournament. Specifically, you guys were *******s to the venue. There was an SRK tournament going on nearby and they had to witness some of the worst of your behavior.

*Kyle/K9/Kira's obnoxious behavior. You guys are too loud, and the profanity really did offend a lot of students and SRK members.
*Pot smoking. More specifically, allegedly, this was happening in the bathroom. When Cheyne called me, even I was surprised at this, being a Tucsonite.
*Trashing the venue.

Coming late, and mostly being a part of the significantly more laid back PM tournament, I felt bad. More specifically, this behavior ruins my ability to be accepted by other communities. The smash playerbase has already ruined any attempt for me to become a serious melty blood player, and before I even get to start P4A, I might not get that chance either.

Please start acting your age. It really does affect more than just yourselves.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
If the people smoking pot were Smashers, what the hell were you guys thinking? Profanity is one thing, but pot smoking at a private establishment is pure idiocy. Keep that sh*t out of the venue.

:phone:

SFA Smiley

The SFA King

n-word I just bought a cadillac, I just crossed off the attractive and successful part in one go LOL

(sorry if anyone finds my car gloating annoying, I'm just excited to have a car =)

and i'm already not getting better, so that part is whatever

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I saw someone smoking in the bathroom, I assume it was a cigarette or something. /naiveisolatedhighschoolmind

I didn't recognize the person though, he wasn't in the smash room at all.

Jane

Smash Hero
i for one approve of loud and obnoxious profanity.

and yeah, every time i've been to a tourney at UAT, i always end up cleaning at least 20 ditched food and beverage items by the end of the night. you *****s really need to learn to clean up after yourselves.

and xander, smash's reputation doesnt ruin your ability to be accepted by other communities. it may have a tiny effect but thats all you bro.

Nazo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nazoplex
I may have a slight clue as to who might've been smoking. I could literally smell it in the person's clothes. My apologies if it just so happens that I am wrong.

I actually attend UAT, and I don't think I want people giving me dirty looks because of a community i'm apart of.
Also, out of curiosity, I went back to room 206/207 on Sunday morning to see if my apple juice was still there, and the place was a hot mess. Needless to say, I cleaned up everything and straightened the desks and all that jazz. I couldn't exactly vacuum, so there was still some messes I wasn't man enough to clean up with my bare hands.

So ye, we've definitely got to keep things down a bit. Hype is nice and all, but stomping, cursing, and smoking pot in bathrooms is a bit much; we sure don't want to lose privileges for use of UAT classrooms.

PS:
Someone also left 4 AA batteries in a plastic baggie. Let me know if you want them back, I'm willing to wager (smirk).

PPS: Shoutouts, leggo:

KiraFlax - watch yo back n****, cuz I'm comin for dat a**! Lol, GGs tho, you had me on ropes.
Silly Kyle - Didn't get to play you, but I got just as much satisfaction watching you play instead <3. sexy a** peach!
K9 - The one tourney where I didn't get to play you... tisk tisk. don't think you're safe tho, I'm coming for you too!
Alex(Prime) - Thanks for teaming with me lol. As long as everyone's having fun, I could care less about winning; So no need to worry so much about it.
Yummy - Glad I didn't play you lol. I haven't worked on the kirby MU at all since we've last played. Stay beastly with that kirby though, cuz I don't plan on losing to you forever.
Stevo - GGs in pools, had a ton of fun getting ***** by jiggs! lol.
Zynetik - Marth on Sonic action MmMmmMMMmmmmMmmm, lol. It's sad to know you will be leaving soon, I enjoyed having someone to talk to. Keep that Marth sexy for me tho.
Airvault - Didn't get to play you, but I watched alot of your matches, and I must say, I'm looking forward to playing that awesome marth soon, smirksmirksmirk.
RaveRemix - I love your toonlink, and I hope we play some more soon because I think I need more experience. And thank you sooooooooooo much for the matches at our last smashfest. If I hadn't played you that night, I would've surely lost to Saffy's amazing toonlink. She was giving me some serious D.
Moo - So precise with your punishes, your MK scares me lol. I enjoyed playing you, you're a cool guy and I hope to see you more at tourneys bro.
Smiley - LOL I LOST TO KIRA ON PURPOSE SO YOU'D HAVE TO PLAY HIM OLOL IT WAS ALL APART OF MY PLAN THE WHOLE TIME!!!11 nah jks, but it was nice to see you again. Didn't get the chance to play you, but I think that'll change soon (smirk). Thanks for being so encouraging too. Also, I'd love to team with you whenever you want.
HeySeuss - I don't think I've ever actually played you in brawl lol, only Marvel. Hopefully we cross paths one of these tourneys. or if you prefer marvel, we can always just play that lol.
Nazo - Stay free.
MBR - Nice Diddy man! Keep up the work, I think you could really do some damage with the right dedication. You should show up to tourneys more often, I love playing diddys.
SS - How'd you get so effin good so fast my ni**a!!??? Keep that Olimar sexy, and don't let anyone tell you you're NOT good, cuz you sure as hell ARE good!
Ensis - Dat Toonlink. Giving D all day everyday. Lol, GGs I had fun playing you. Can't wait to see that Zelda tho.
Ominous - Nice G&W bro! I enjoyed playing you and I hope you stick around.
Mikee - Nice meeting you Mikee. I must say, we've become fast friends. Hope to see you around more often and maybe even get to play that ZSS in bracket sometime!
Aaven - Brooo, I'm just as glad to not have played you in brax as you did lol. Snake MU is so hard for me. But whatevz, I've gotta learn it somehow, so hopefully we play eachother next time!
GV7 - Keep up that Lucas rep! I love watching you play; Sadly, I only got to watch one of your matches. Hoping I get to play you again sometime, I sure could use as much experience as I can get.
Lance - GGs in pools bro, it's sad to know you dissed brax for a movie about ninja bunny zombies. Resident Evil is it? Yea. Stay in brax next time tho, the more the marrier.
PotC - Nice wolf, you should come to more tourneys. Sad to know you got the pools cut-off. But don't let that discourage you, we all started somewhere.
Xerox - Herd you like ZSS now... it's cool, I enjoy both MUs (smirk). lol jks, but It was nice to see you show up again. Can't wait to play you sometime.
Softy - GGs in pools, I enjoy playing you. I like how you don't force tension when playing. It's nice to know that there are people who play and still have fun with it :)

PPPS:
The apple juice was never found :'(

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I can assure you that there weren't any smashers who smoked pot in the bathroom. That would be completely ******** and is just asking to get caught.

As for my profanity, I don't give a ****!! If we're gonna be loud, just make sure to close the doors.

People need to learn how to clean up after themselves. If you have trash, make sure you throw it away and not leave it on the tables.

<3

Shoutouts later

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Not leaving trash is just another thing that constitutes our need for stricter TOs.
Rob walked in and laid some law down about food and drink and he got there later and doesn't even play brawl.
I don't generally care about much beyond respect for the venue (having been a custodian before). Not other scenes that happen to be in the building really but the people that would have to clean that up if Nazo hadn't been there.
Rave, you're a pretty quiet guy lol, I'm down for helping TO, not like organize things but for keeping **** under control. I like yelling :D

:phone:

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
i for one approve of loud and obnoxious profanity.

and yeah, every time i've been to a tourney at UAT, i always end up cleaning at least 20 ditched food and beverage items by the end of the night. you *****s really need to learn to clean up after yourselves.

and xander, smash's reputation doesnt ruin your ability to be accepted by other communities. it may have a tiny effect but thats all you bro.
Actually it already has in the past, Jane. I'm speaking from.experience.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Saffy

Smash Ace
I would have helped clean up, but I always have to leave way earlier than when the tournaments end. So I'm sorry I wasn't able to. Thank you Nazo for cleaning up.

I honestly think we should ban food and any drink besides water in the room from now on, especially since people can't clean up after themselves apparently. Also behavior needs to improve (Yelling, rage, etc...).

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
I made sure the floor and all the tables were cleaned right before I left (which was around midnight), not sure how it got messy again. o_O Either way, thanks Nazo for cleaning the remainder of the mess and for straightening the desks!!

@Smiley I actually have more fun playing against Metaknight than Gdubs too. ^_^ Also, while I do sincerely hate MK for his brokenness, I try to portray that hate in a more playful, not-so-antagonizing way, but I apologize if you didn't take it that way. :(

And yes Derp, I would in fact LOVE to have someone who can yell for me, because I certainly cannot. I've already had several people volunteer for this (Alex, Lance, Hector, et al), but the more the merrier. :)

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Cheyne was there? For the SRK portion, or the smash portion? Either way, makes me sad.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Cheyne wasn't there. He was reading the SRK thread post-event, then called me to confirm if stuff really happened.

(It did.)

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Whenever the next tucson tourney is put me in a carpool to play against derp! Ill use only rob this time. Good job beating me for the first time though.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
That was the first time wasn't it... huh

Putting us in the same pool would be fine, but if you wanted to arrange the bracket that way, that seems a little manipulative.

Just meet me
In Grand Finals

Top Bottom