• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Restoring Castle Siege

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
I'm looking to restore the castle interior portion of Castle Siege though I'm running into issues.

I removed the emblem.rel file and EMBLEM.PAC file from their respective folders but when I load Project M, the castle interior is still being skipped.

Is there any solution?

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I'm looking to restore the castle interior portion of Castle Siege though I'm running into issues.

I removed the emblem.rel file and EMBLEM.PAC file from their respective folders but when I load Project M, the castle interior is still being skipped.

Is there any solution?
I think Project M has a code that tells the game to skip the 2nd part.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Here's the solution. There's a small code in Project M that makes the stage skip the second part. If you remove that code, the stage won't skip that part anymore. Anyway, if you use the stage as is after removing the code, you'll get lighting issues, cause the Castle Siege in Project M has been edited so the lighting in the transition fits the 3rd stage instead of the 2nd one. You'd need to revert the scenedata settings to those of vBrawl. You'll probably get a decent result by just removing all the files related to the Castle Siege stage from the SD card though.

Now, the how to:

1- Get this file: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0y2dmm2cwwuqcpa/SiegeRestore.gct
2- Download this tool of mine: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=20040

Place both files in your codes folder, where 'RSBE01.gct' is. Open the GCT Fusionizer tool, it will ask you for a file. Select the SiegeRestore.gct file.
Once selected, the tool has two buttons, 'refresh' and 'apply'. Press the 'apply' one, and it will ask you what to do next, as the code has been found in your gct. Select the delete option, the code will be removed from the RSBE01.gct file, and you'll be able to play a 3-stage Castle Siege stage.

It's obvious, but don't play that stage on wi-fi once it's changed back to the original number of transforms.

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, if you use the stage as is after removing the code, you'll get lighting issues, cause the Castle Siege in Project M has been edited so the lighting in the transition fits the 3rd stage instead of the 2nd one. You'd need to revert the scenedata settings to those of vBrawl. You'll probably get a decent result by just removing all the files related to the Castle Siege stage from the SD card though.
Just tried doing all this, but when the stage transitions into the second or third phase, the lighting will still look weird for a couple seconds before changing to what they should be. Deleting STGEMBLEM all together also brings the same problem.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
You should remove all the STGEMBLEM files, which isn't only one. Once they're deleted, the vBrawl one will be the one loaded, and there's no way the lighting is bad on that one.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Just tried doing all this, but when the stage transitions into the second or third phase, the lighting will still look weird for a couple seconds before changing to what they should be. Deleting STGEMBLEM all together also brings the same problem.
Did you delete the .rel file under module?

Additional question:

Can I install this edit of part two of the stage or would I need an .rel file? Will it mess up the stage loading?

Last edited:

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
You should remove all the STGEMBLEM files, which isn't only one. Once they're deleted, the vBrawl one will be the one loaded, and there's no way the lighting is bad on that one.
Project M only comes with one STGEMBLEM file.

Did you delete the .rel file under module?
This was the problem. Thank you. I thought I had checked that, but clearly I didn't.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Project M only comes with one STGEMBLEM file.

Oh yeah, you're right, the important parts (lighting, camera and boundaries) are in that file, so no more files are used and that one is the only one included in Project M.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Can you put another code in, so it'll just not change at all?

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Can you put another code in, so it'll just not change at all?
I think this would be the level freezer code that they use for PS2. Unfortunately, I have yet to find out how to add Castle Siege to the code myself. If we could get some help doing this that would be greatly appreciated.

Or alternatively, if anyone could link me to a somewhat decent Fire Emblem custom stage since I haven't really been able to find any myself, that would also be wonderful.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Does anyone know if there's a 2nd transormation only with no stage rocking anywhere? I'd kill for that. The only one I found on brawlvault had a broken link.

Top Bottom