• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rest Punishes

NightFox54

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, how do you punish rest? I'm looking for a really killer turnips/float cancel combo to tack on some 50% on a puff, or get a kill at really low %'s. Video is great, but explanations are cool too. So far, I have these...

- At low %, throw up a turnip about 1 Dsmash width from puff. Position yourself between the two so that your dsmash hits puff into the turnip, which hits puff back into the dsmash. This is always good for at least 30%. I'm wondering if you could possibly utilize the different throw speeds / z drop in order to go dsmash->turnip 1->dsmash->turnip 2->dsmash.

-At any %, throw up a turnip, get to the other side of puff, FC an aerial so she hits the turnip and chase from there. This one is tricky because so much depends on the exact place you throw the turnip, and depending on the turnip itself, your followups would be different. Dsmash, nair, bair, uair. I'm really hoping to find something guaranteed here.

-Mid-high%, When puff is under a platform, jump from where she is to the platform while z-dropping/throwing (I don't know if the throw works, z-drop does) and waveland/no-impact land/DJ cancel onto the platform. Dsmash. She eats the whole coming-up-through-the-platform stuff, which sometimes isn't much but usually is.

- I can't decide if throwing a turnip up and having it land while you grab pummel resets the struggle out, a la Wobbling.

-Throw into a turnip- tricky to actually get right, and not too rewarding if Puff bounces the wrong way off the turnip. I'd like to see Fthrow->turnip->nair work, even if it doesn't build up too much %.

Raisin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4971-3853-0253
I'm really inexperienced at punishing missed rests, so the best I've ever done is pull a turnip, throw it up, nair Jiggs into it, and nair again for a stock. If anything, you've put new ideas into my head lol.

Top Bottom