• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Requesting help reinstalling Brawl- on SD card.

EliteFerrex

Smash Rookie
So I lost my old SD card for the Wii and want to reinstall Brawl-.

My Wii updated itself when I bought Skyward Sword, but didn't erase Homebrew channel. So, I redownloaded the newest Gecko OS and put it in the proper folder, then added in my "codes" and "private" folders from before, as well as the boot.elf and gameconfig.txt files.

When I open HBC and open Gecko OS, I can launch the game, and it says that it has found the codes and is loading them, but then when it loads, it ends up loading everything from regular Brawl.

I've tried using Brawl- 2.1.1 files instead, but nothing seems to be working. (If it makes a difference, I initially installed HBC using stacksmash.)

I'm hopelessly confused and dying to get Brawl- back. Any suggestions? Please feel free to email me at eliteferrex@gmail.com if you can help. Thank you in advance!

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
First of all, your topic was already at the top and didn't need to be bumped,
Second of all, post the text file of the gct you're using, maybe the problem lies in there.

ZeroFuse

Smash Rookie
So it said the files are loading, but it loaded normal brawl... That same problem had happened to me, and I read up various guides on getting it t work. I read somewhere that if your SD card is bigger than 2GB, it won't work. I did the same thing, with a 4GB SD card, but nothing loaded correctly, and I got the same message. After reading about this, I decided to try and use a 128mb SD card, it worked correctly then. I truly wonder if that's the case about high GB sd cards. Give a smaller SD card a try, no bigger than a 2gb sd card. If you still have problems, post in this thread again, I'll see if I can't help out with what I know.

kirbymaster101

Smash Rookie
a wii cant update itself you must have pressed update when it asked you too after inseting skyward sword.
you are probably missing the gameconfig.txt

Top Bottom