• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request thred: for modders with experience and not 7 year olds beggigng someone to make a character

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
I have plenty of esthetically changing mods on my SD card from slight change in character models, high definition stages, color changing menus, imported music and soundpacks. Most of this stuff I learned on my own through studying other people's mod packs and XML coding, because most videos where outdated or some dude with an unregistered hypercam 2 stuttering and showing off how to sort of use Gecko from 3 years ago. So that's a little bit about where I'm coming from.

Recently I've been wanting to make a Raichu soundpack for my Raichu character model, but I had a lot of trouble finding a voice dump from a game or high quality effects from the show that didn't have music in the background. Today I went to the modding section and looked where I could find a thread for requests and cooperative modding projects, and I saw the "Request Thread: Request anything here!," thread and was intrigued. I thought to myself,"Hey, this is where I need to go. I'm sure there will be some progressive moders and mod projects gonig on :D." Only to find out that it was just a bunch of kids asking people to please make characters and mods for them. There was a post that took up pretty much the whole page asking for someone to make a baby Daisy character with a whole moveset and everything.....what? I didn't come here to look at 9 year olds begging people to do things they're too lazy to learn how to do. Simple things like "Replace this model with Marth."

Obviously I wasn't going to get anywhere on that thread so I decided to open up a knew one, hopefully this will draw in mature, experienced (even if not experienced, just someone who isn't a troll), moders for proactive, cooperative mod projects. So here's the rules:

If you want to make a request
1. Before you ask for something check brawl vault to see if it has already been made. No point in asking if someone has already done it. And search hard please; Don't expect it to be the first thing you searched for. This thread should be a last resort if you can't find it anywhere on the internet. forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php
2. Don't ask for anything so simple a monkey could do it (Ex. Importing a character model you found on Brawl Vault)
3. Don't be an E-begger and expect to have someone do all the work for you
4. Make sure you're putting as much effort in as you can
5. Please use proper grammar, it will make this thread look much more professional
6. No trolling (that covers a LOT of things)
7. Don't be afraid to ask for help, but think before you request

Thank you, let's get some work done, and have fun doing it to make our copies of Brawl that much more aesthetically pleasing to ourselves.

Pkjoan

Smash Apprentice
I´m 18, and I need a proper final Smash for Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard. I have Project M so Pokemon Trainer is non-existant.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
I´m 18, and I need a proper final Smash for Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard. I have Project M so Pokemon Trainer is non-existant.
I have the pokemon by themselves (as well as pokemom trainer with all three) on my vanilla brawl and they don't even have a final smash. Project M wasn't made to fight with items on so you shouldn't need final smash anyway.

Check rule 1. If not, then we'll see what we can do.

Could someone simply make recolors in the style of the Project M recolors for the bulbasaur reskin?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Bra...haracter%Ivysaur%&Moderated=All&facebook=true
scroll down twice

More importantly, FLASH GORDON for captain falcon.
I'm a little confused? You're trying to import the Project M :ivysaur: colors on Brawl? Or you're trying to make :001: skins like :ivysaur:'s colors in Project M?

Have you tried looking for a Flash Gordon model on Brawl Vault? If you have and you can't find anything, try looking for a character model that from an online database or video game. I don't even know who Flash Gordon is, but if it's not on Brawl Vault and you want Flash Gordon over :falcon: that badly then look for a character model you could import. If not that, then try to make one yourself with the free 3D model program called "Blender." But no need to keep asking for it on this thread because word is already out that you've requested a Flash Gordon 3D model.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Or you're trying to make :001: skins like :ivysaur:'s colors in Project M?
thats what im trying to do. for project m. i dont want ivuysaur in the game at all, i want all bulbasaur

Have you tried looking for a Flash Gordon model on Brawl Vault? If you have and you can't find anything, try looking for a character model that from an online database or video game. I don't even know who Flash Gordon is, but if it's not on Brawl Vault and you want Flash Gordon over :falcon: that badly then look for a character model you could import. If not that, then try to make one yourself with the free 3D model program called "Blender." But no need to keep asking for it on this thread because word is already out that you've requested a Flash Gordon 3D model.
flash gordon from the movie flash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS4_Z84-rRE

anyway, thanks dudes.

NNID
Samyatang
Hey, I'm looking to make a Baby Daisy PSA and I could use some help. I already have the stats (I'm pretty sure they're balanced) for her moveset. I need help with the stuff like the character model, hit detection, physics/animations, and that kinda stuff.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
Hey, I'm looking to make a Baby Daisy PSA and I could use some help. I already have the stats (I'm pretty sure they're balanced) for her moveset. I need help with the stuff like the character model, hit detection, physics/animations, and that kinda stuff.
Well you need start with a base, which is the character model. All the on paper stuff can come easy since it's just crunching numbers, but the hard part is findng a character model. See if you can find one on the internet, if not; learn how to use blender 3D modeling. You could base it off of the Baby mario model that's already been made for an Ice Climbers character hack.

NNID
Samyatang
Well you need start with a base, which is the character model. All the on paper stuff can come easy since it's just crunching numbers, but the hard part is findng a character model. See if you can find one on the internet, if not; learn how to use blender 3D modeling. You could base it off of the Baby mario model that's already been made for an Ice Climbers character hack.
OK, so I found a base for her. Only thing is that it has a few glitches when I play with it (like paper thin stuff and animation issues.) but other than that it's fine. And crunching numbers? What does that mean?

Top Bottom