• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request a texture hack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Ds hes talking about people wanting model changes, like adding a whole new part onto a character.
Like for example adding a tail on a character who doesn't have one etc...
Oh I see. Well yeah it should be obvious by now that texture hacks are all just really really well done color changes. With a few editable things like making sections transparant.

On the topic of my request, looking over the already made Ephraim texture it's actually pretty close to what I wanted.

http://postdownload.filefront.com/1...92bed5f6537851155bf513a33e914ae317108844c60c2

However, it's missing the section of chestplate that Ephraim has over his sternum with the insignia on it (I know this is hard to do, but I've seen something similar with the Roy texture, I basically want that little piece that the Roy texture had under the main chestplate, only a little longer and with this insignia on it).

Also, It doesn't have the sheath or cape designs that I wanted. You can forget about the blade design. Such a complicated symbol would probably be impossible due to limitations on the sections of the sword that you can edit. I mean I would like it if you could try anyway, but I can understand why this part would be a little unreasonable (after looking at this design I'd like for the sword to remain the same color, and to make the insignia look like it's mearly engraved into the sword, rather than a different color altogether).

So far I've only seen intricate desings like these on sections of clothing on the characters. Is it IMPOSSIBLE to put such designs on the sword and sheat, or is it just not as easy?

Tennet

Smash Champion
if you are putting it on it without wanting to change the shape of the item itself then it is possible, in fact it is very easy...

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Yes, I mearly want to put the designs onto the designated areas. I however have absolutely no experience with texture hacking (or even photoshop) and don't know how to do it myself.

Would it be possible to make my desired alterations with just the .pcs file I've provided? (I don't have the .pac file. Do you need it?)

Tennet

Smash Champion
There is a file that can convert .pcs into .pac, which .pac is how you would get the files. I don't want to edit someone else's work.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Hmm...I can understand that. Unfortunately I can't contact the creator right now (their forums are down :(). Idk, maybe I'll give it a shot myself (he's done the hardest parts already anyway.)

I'll try to contact him later and ask him if he could do it (or if he'd let someone else do it if he doesn't want to do it himself).

Thanks for all the info though.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Donkey Kong as Rayman(>_>)
Zelda as Serenade(MMBN3)
Or Ike as Pheonix Wright. The Lucas one was lost to internet iirc.

Or Zelda as Maya Fey.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I'd like my OC made out of link if possible

Ordinarily he'd use a GCN for his attacks throw gcn/wii discs and use cables and accessories etc. but a gcn logo or an n64 logo on the sword be cool too.
also if possible on the back of his shirt it says beware the purple lunchbox and then has a gcn symbol. not to be overly picky it'd just be nice to have.

Glick

Smash Lord
I'd like to request two things.

Give kirby a >:3 face.

Change Jigglypuffs sun hat into a sombrero. (maybe make a blue version for teams and a w/e color for regular)

Kaosu Reido

Smash Rookie
I have a relatively strange one, I think.

Captain Falcon as Bright Noa, from Gundam.

Except, instead of a Gundam-anime helmet or something, simply using a completely unaltered Captain Falcon helmet. I'd show the comic that inspired this, but I can't find the correct one; where he slaps on a Captain Falcon helmet, yells "SHOW ME YOUR MOVES!", and does a Falcon Punch through a ship's side.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Didn't someone already do a Melee Ganon? I swear I saw a picture of it somewhere, but I can't find the link anymore...

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Make that three votes for Luke fon Fabre. He could be made with Ike and for the short-haired Luke, Pit.

Also:

FAILURE.

Rouenne

Smash Apprentice
Actually Luke would be better in link, they both are left handed, have similar fighting poses, they both have a somewhat spiky hair in the forehead and Luke's long hair could be made by Link's cap (Like in the Zero txture) If a short haired Luke would be made, just erase Link's cap (The same way they eased parts of Zelda's dress for her various textures)

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Actually Luke would be better in link, they both are left handed, have similar fighting poses, they both have a somewhat spiky hair in the forehead and Luke's long hair could be made by Link's cap (Like in the Zero txture) If a short haired Luke would be made, just erase Link's cap (The same way they eased parts of Zelda's dress for her various textures)
I don't think fighting style would really matter. lol.

Besides, Luke is often noted for his coat, and not a tunic.

Rouenne

Smash Apprentice
But neither Ike nor Pit wear coats (the cape doesn't count) besides, Ike already has too many cool character textures: Cloud, Squall, Crono, Roy, Dante, etc.

Rouenne

Smash Apprentice
Another request for Link: can you make golden swing effects for his sword and if possible fragments of triforce spreading when he hits? Much like the fire effects they gave to Marth

ZSnake

Smash Cadet
I know this is not the place to ask i think, but is there a texture pack for snake anywhere around here? I want to add the old snake texture hack and a few other snake textures on to use on my wii or does anyone now where i can get some help on getting me started on how to make texture hacks?

ProtoBass

Smash Rookie
For the life of me I can't understand why this hasn't been made yet. It's perfect for Zero Suit Samus:

sand8

Smash Cadet
I think i saw it somewhere, but i havent been able to locate it
it was an invader zim costume for ness
if i was mistaken i would like toe request it
if it exists a link would be greatly appreciated

nmaster64

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nmaster64
3DS FC
4210-3983-6182
Ganondorf as...

LORDGENOME!

Also I noticed some Bleach fans are doing textures...Shiek seems perfect for Yoruichi...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom