• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reprogramming the Kid : Masked Man for DLC!

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman

Pig Mask Army's Commander The Masked Man for DLC
So I noticed The Masked Man thread is closed. I assume that is because it had spoilers in it. So I’m going to create another thread for those who want to see him as DLC. Not only that but it would be great to see him get a surge of popularity, like the pre-brawl days. But I won’t get my hopes up. I will note I did see another DLC thread posted, but I did think lack of love was put into it, plus the user has been absent from the forums for a while now. So I’ve gone ahead and made a better one.

Game Appearances
Mother 3 (villain)

Super Smash Bros Brawl (sticker)

Introduction

I will try to go into detail on The Masked Man, without giving too much away (spoiler will be at the end of this section. So who is The Masked Man? The Masked Man is a General (might be wrong on this, could be colonel, please help me out guys) of the Pig Mask Army. In fact along with Fassad he is the right hand man of Porky. Like a select few in the Earthbound series The Masked Man is blessed with PK powers. He mainly uses electric PK attacks. And his main weakness is electric PK attacks (oddly enough) and Franklin’s Badge. To accompany his PK powers The Masked Man also has a laser sword (if I remember correctly). Lucas encounters him in multiple chapters, but his role is more significant in Chapter 7 & 8 (AKA towards the end) of Mother 3. His most recent appearances have been a sticker in Brawl.

He is the final boss and after defeating him, he takes off his mask and reveals his identity. He ends up being Lucas’ brother, who was believed to be dead, aka Claus. He was brainwashed by Porky.

Reasons For Being In
-Doesn’t appear as a stage hazard/assist trophy. Therefor there would be no removal/extra effort to put him in the game.

- Adds another Mother character (which is a crucial series in Nintendo’s history).

- Adds another villain, which the roster has few of. And yes I know a lot of you will say, this aint a valid point. But I see it as one. As Nintendo with the most recent smash, added a lot of females (as there was a lack of them). Therefor it wouldn’t be unusual to see Nintendo introduce a lot of villians as DLC to balance the roster. Heck we could have K. Rool, Masked Man and Ridley (very unlikely, but I’m not giving up) in a villain themed DLC pack.

-Has a cooler laser sword than Shulk (ooh I’m going to piss people off).

-Like most JRPG characters he has no shortage of moves for his moveset.

Moveset

Will update soon with my own moveset, please feel free to make your own movesets here are some from the old thread.

HERE ARE MOVESETS FROM OTHER THREADS

Pre-Brawl

A - Bash (Hard jab with gun)A, A - Bash, Slash (Slashes from lower left to upper right)A, A, A - Bash, Slash, Slash (Back down)
F-Smash - Impale (Stabs sword forward hard)D-Smash - Shockwave (Stabs ground/lightning spirals out)U-Smash - Overhead slash (Charges up sword behind back and slashes upwards)
F-Tilt - Straight Jab (Smashes gun forward, similar to Samus' Fsmash but harder/more lag)D-Tilt - Swipe (Slashes across ground once)U-Tilt - Overhead Swipe (Like Link's Usmash)
Taunts- 1. Stabs sword in ground, removes Helmet, puts it under his left arm, puts his hand on his hip, and glares at the screen.2. Enters the stance from his battle sprite (first sprite above)
3. His helmet, gun, and swordfade quickly, and he puts his hand out.
Grab - PK Paralysis; Attacking sends blasts of psychic energy through the enemyU-throw - Points sword directly up, and the enemy spirals around it several times before getting flung upF-throw - Blasts enemy with a massive amount of PSI, launching them forwardB-throw - Same as Fthrow, but Claus swings them behind him before he throwsD-throw - Slams enemy against ground several times before tossing them slightly up and back

=Special Moves=

Neutral B - Cannon (Fires a blue beam like Fox's laser, but stronger and has more lag; charging makes the beam longer and hits multiple time, fully charging makes the beam a straight beam that stretches across the whole screen)Smash B - Lightning (Claus swings and a massive lightning bolt crashes down in front of him; goes through ANYTHING and covers the screen vertically)Down B - Pig Bomb (Throws a bomb onto the ground that acts exactly like a Bob-omb)Up B - Flight (Jetpack blasts him up COMPLETELY vertical, and his wings expand and he can fly horizontally for a few seconds)

=OTHER=

Wings: Claus can glide with them also. Press Up B while he's using his Up B to keep his wings open afterwards.

Moveset by T-Major

Claus:
A: Simple horizontal swipe with his blade.
A,A: Horizontal swipe, upward-diagonal swipe that brings the blade above and in front of him.
A,A,A: Horizontal swipe, Upward diagonal swipe, Slash that goes strait down in front of him.

::TILTS::
Forward: A strait jab with his arm cannon.
Up: Swipes above him with his sword in a 180 degrees motion.
Down: A tripping kick at the opponents feet.

::SMASHES::
Forward: A Downward-diagonal slash in front of him. has a lightning effect.
Up: Two fast slashes above him.
Down: Sends thunder PSI along the ground around him, making a very small electrified area around him.

Throws:
Up: does an uppercut with his gun arm, sending the opponent strait into the air. (7-10%)

Forward: pushes them forward a bit, then follows up with a slash from his sword that sends them back. (9-13%)

Back: moves the opponent behind him, then hits them at close range with a blast from his arm cannon sending them back. (13-15%)

Down: Trips the opponents feet, knocking them onto the ground. he then points the tip of his blade at them, and zaps them with a bolt of Thunder PSI (16-19%. no knock-back)

::DASH::
Claus hops forward, and does a spin in the air (close to the ground) with his sword out, causing it to lash people within range.

::AIR ATTACKS::
Neutral: standard kick (like Links)
Forward: A downward swipe with his arm cannon.
Back: Spins around and slashes behind him with his sword.
Up: Slashes above him, causing him to do a back flip.
Down: Face stomp (Like Ness)

- B: Energy Beam- He shoots out a beam from his arm cannon that makes people flinch. similar to Samus' cannon, but shoots a beam (like Falco's laser) instead of a ball.

it can be charged; doing so will make the beam longer and cause multiple hits, as well as the ability to pass through opponents and hit people that might be behind them.

an uncharged beam does 5% damage; one hit from a charged beam still does 5%, but multiple hits (up too 3 or 4 hits maximum) will cause more damage.

- B ^ Metal Wings- He spreads his metal wings, and points his sword above him; he gives a big flap of his wings, and flies strait up; electricity swirls around his sword in a drill-like manner; harming anyone it hits.

- B > Pig bomb - He pulls out a pig bomb and throws it. after a short amount of time it explodes.

it normally goes strait, but if you tilt the control stick before it's thrown you can change the angle a bit. Tilting back will give it less distance; up will give it a high arch; and down will roll it onto the ground right in front of you.

- B v Thunder Psi- Claus points his sword down at the ground in front of him, and a bolt of lighting strikes in front of him. using it in the air will cause him to point at the ground directly under him, and send a bolt of lightning out of his sword

Taunt: Points sword at opponents

Final Smash:

Life Terminating Assault: The Natural Killer Cyborg (Suggestion by Ouendanation):

The Natural Killer Cyborg appears in the background, firing lasers, rockets, etc in random places, then pauses for a long time. Its mouth begins to glow red, and soon after, it fires an enourmous beam from its mouth that covers a huge portion of the screen, filling it slowly. It's basically Zero Laser from the background. (Called Life Termination Beam) If you get caught in the center of it, there's a one in 10 chance of getting pushed to the front of the screen, KOing you.

Moveset by Noshiee

OK, I made a moveset:

A: Diagonal slash with his blade
AA: A second diagonal slash with his blade but inversed, like forming an "X".
(The standards attack are continuos, like Marth's standard attacks)

Side Tilt: Fast horizontal slash with his blade.
Up Tilt: Up thrust with his blade.
Down Tilt: A low kick, similiar to Zelda's down tilt.

Dash Attack: Powerful punch with his cannon arm.

Side Smash: Powerful vertical slash with his blade, but covered in lightning, increasing the range.
Up Smash: Powerful up punch with his cannon arm, the cannon glowing blue.
Down Smash: Shoots a beam wiith his cannon down.
Ideas: 1.- Similar to Zamus Down Smash
2.- Jumps a little bit and shoots directly below him, hitting foes in both sides.

Nair: Spins twice, slashing with his blade.
Fair: Front thrust with his blade.
Uair: Headbuttsup, similar to Ness up tilt, but in the air.
Bair: Kicks with both feet down, can be a meteor smash.

Grab: Same range as Mewtwo, grabs mentally.
Grab Attack...?: Stabs foes with his blade.
Side Throw: Points his cannon in the foe's stommach (or face for those who lack a humanoid body or a just to small) and fires a beam, sending them away.
Back Throw: Simply throws them mentally.
Up Throw: Puts the enemy above him and slices him/her/it multiple times, ending with a powerful arc slash.
Down Throw: Rises the enemy mentally up, and strongly pulls them down into the ground in a very brutal way.

Standard Special: Energy Beam: Shoots several energy beams (similar to the super scope, but you just have to keep the button pressed, also the beams are not shoot that faster, with a little bit more lag between beams), it cannot be charged for a bigger beam. It shoots like 6 beams before the cannon gets jammed, living you open for an attack, so try not to use it as if it where a super scope.

Side Special: PK Love: Chargable attack. Casts a hexagon similar to those in Lucas attacks, but more fansier with blue lightning in it, it hits 5 times. Imagine a Zelda front smash, but separate from her. The more charged, the bigger it is and more powerful. When fully charged, the size of the attack is more or less twice Claus size (which is similar to Lucas).

Down Special: Shield Killer: The effect is similar to Mewtwo's Down Special (Disable, was it?). It does no damage, no knockback, nothing, but, it reduces 3/4 of a foe when he/she/it is using his sheild, oviously, if his sheild is already below 3/4s, then it brakes his shield and does some of damage, and the foe goes high (what happens to you when your shield brakes). If the foe is not blocking (using his shield), it stuns the foe a little bit. Has a little bit of lag at the beggining.

Up Special: Lightning Blade: Rises his blade up (pointing up), and spreads his metal bat wings and flies up, with lightning coming out of his blade, forming a spiral of electricity around him. Also, some electricity extends his blade a little bit, increasing the range upwards.
Ideas: He flies up similar to Diddy's Up Special, flying to where you are pointing. Or, similar to Metaknight's Drill Ruch, but upwards, letting you control the direcion. Or a combination of both, but that would be a little broken.

Final Smash: Lightning Attack (thats the original name): Points his blade down and a huge lightning will strike in front of him. IMagine Pikashu's Down Special, but bigger, more powerful and badder. It could cover horizontally 2/3 of battlefield, and 1/2 of battlefield vertically, plus a lightning (like 3 times thicker than the one casted by Pikashu's and with no limit up) hitting exactly in the middle of the explosion. Claus cannot move during the attack, but he is invinsible, and he is standing 1/3 inside the lighting explosion, with 2/3 of the explosion in front of him, and 1/3 behind him. It lasts like 5 seconds?.

Entrance: Comes flying with his metal black wings and lands.

Taunts: 1. Swings his blade twice (looking at the screen, so it doesnt do any damage), while the eye behind the glass thingy glows red.
2. Jumps and slices wih his blade as he falls down (again, looking at the screen).
3. Takes his helmet off, showing his real face, and then he puts his helmet back on.

Other Stuff: He is able to glide, but doesnt have multiple jumps. Grabs stuff mentally, like Mewtwo, including items and foes..

Hope you like it. ^^

Other

Kirby Hat
View attachment 34791

Brawl Mod

Signatures

View attachment 34792
In the process of getting a friend to do a good one on photoshop.

The Pig Masked Army (Supporters)

TempahRelapse

I never played Mother 0, but I do have a question, could a prequel be made? If so Nintendo please release a Mother game on Wii U.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

AstroHamsta

Smash Cadet

If there is any Unique but at the same time not highly requested character for Smash 4, The Masked Man from Mother 3 / Earthbound 2 would make an amazing Candidate. So far i don't have a lot of ideas for him, but i do know that he will be Zero Suit Samus Tier. I was thinking he will be a somewhat clone of Samus,Lucas and Shulk. Just like Palutena, the Masked Man has Unique Special moves and not something like Big PK Fire or Fast PK Fire.

MOVESET 1 :
Please note that while this moveset is in place, you can switch the type of beam by using his Down Taunt. Kind of like the Monado Arts or Samus in Project M.
Neutral Special : Charge Beam
Side Special : Hyper Missle
Up Special : Glide
Down Special : Reflect

MOVESET 2 :
WILL BE ADDED

MOVESET 3 :
WILL BE ADDED

FINAL SMASH : Turbo Overdrive
This is the same at Diddy's but fires PK Fire β instead and the gliding is more like Pikachu's Volt Tackle. After that he will beco- Oh wait, I forgot, transforming isn't allowed. Better use a separate thread for Claus.

Make sure to Support this and make it happen! I will be updating this time to time.

Supporting list :
AstroHamsta
BluePikmin11
You!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I was going to make a Masked Man thread eventually, seems like it's too late for me. Add me to the support list!

Mother 3 is one of the best games ever made in my honest opinion. Masked Man has so much potential that it's hard to pass over an important Mother character like him. With DLC, he has an actual shot at being a playable character, he's someone that would never be added in the main roster because of the many requirements of getting in.

I say we wait till a very unlikely newcomer is confirmed for playable DLC, then Masked Man will have a good shot at being added in the game.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
I thought he had a thread, but it died or something. This is a pleasant surprise. I feel a little bad supporting him even though I haven't played his game. Add me to the supporter list please.

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
I voted for him too. He has so much moveset potential with the sword, cannon and PSI powers. Plus he's my favourite character in the Mother series and the last of my top 5 requested characters that isn't in the game.

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I was on an old account back during Brawl's pre-release and he did have a lot of support. Sadly I hadn't played Mother 3 at the time so I wasn't aware of him as a character.

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
:4sheik:
:4palutena:'s trailer "But that's when you were controlled by the Chaos Kin!"
:4lucina:
:4shulk:'s trophy of Mechona Fiora.
Those characters are not spoilers within themselves, how they chose to introduce them was their own choosing. Also Sheik isn't really a spoiler anymore since they are a separate character from Zelda, and Ocarina of Time came out in 1998, where as Mother 3 still hasn't released outside of Japan and gives no chance for anyone to actually know the story first. Also Lucina doesn't actually spoil anything.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Those characters are not spoilers within themselves, how they chose to introduce them was their own choosing. Also Sheik isn't really a spoiler anymore since they are a separate character from Zelda, and Ocarina of Time came out in 1998, where as Mother 3 still hasn't released outside of Japan and gives no chance for anyone to actually know the story first. Also Lucina doesn't actually spoil anything.
1) Sheik was introduced in 2001, 3 years after Ocarina of Time. Showing that she was in fact Zelda.
2) MECHA FIORA IS A MASSIVE SPOILER FOR XENOBLADE. BECAUSE JUST LIKE CLAUS YOU THINK SHE DIES IN THE TUTORIAL ONLY TO FIND OUT SHE'D BEEN BRAINWASHED INTO BEING A MAJOR COMMANDER FOR THE BIG BAD'S ARMY.
3) "FOR MY FATHER!" - Lucina. Something you don't find out for the first half of the game.
These all show that Sakurai REALLY doesn't care about spoilers or not.
4) Masked Man by himself wouldn't be a spoiler UNLESS his trophies or something otherwise goes "oh hey this is claus"

Last edited:

Saenen

Smash Rookie
I'm kind of surprised nothing's really been going on in this thread, especially considering not only how unique the Masked Man would be, but also how many supporters there were for him to get into Brawl. He's still my number 1 pick, so you can put me on the support list when you've got the time.

Top Bottom