• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Replay has time limit when it's not supposed to.

TurboNoob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
D-Unknown Enigma
I tried to save a replay of a multiplayer battle, but the time limit is active for some reason.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Project M does not have a 3 minute time limit anymore. However, the replay files can only be so large before it has to stop recording inputs and refuses to save a replay. Your match was probably relatively long

TurboNoob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
D-Unknown Enigma
I wish the details were more specific. Anyway, it looks like the maximum is between 6 or 7 minutes.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Every frame, every input is saved to a spot in memory even if you did not press anything. There is only so much memory allocated to replays. Once the game reaches the end point of the allocated memory and attempts to write more, the game basically refuses to save the replay at all

TreK

Is "that guy"
Speaking of replays, all of mine desynch. Is that a known problem ?

Top Bottom