• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Replacing Characters

Nadaph

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nadaph
So I've heard it is impossible to add characters, but is it possible to replace characters? Like replacing Toon Link with a second Link spot.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
You're gonna have to be more specific, because it's pretty easy to replace, say marth, with Lucina.

Nadaph

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nadaph
This is the standard CSS:

This is my goal:

I want to replace Toon Link entirely and give Link a second spot, therefore more palette swaps.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
You could always use cbliss if you want more costumes. Otherwise, you'd want to look into character porting.

PM666

Smash Cadet
Its not impossible to add characters it is very much possible.

Juken

Smash Ace
You can add extra costume slots. I don't know how, but it's definitely possible; just look at how they added Melee Fox and Falco, and Dr. Mario into costume slots.

You definitely don't need to replace a character entirely for more costumes on Link, and imo if you want so many costumes that you have to resort to that, it's too many :V

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
There is also something called BrawlExe, or ProjectExe (For Project M) that utilizes a Clone Engine. If you're able to set it up, you could have two Link slots without replacing anyone.

Nadaph

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nadaph
Alright, do you have a link to a download? Google isn't showing the correct Project M for me, I could find it eventually, but a link would be nice.

Top Bottom