• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Replace Roy with Chrono

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
dotdotdot! said:
Goth then. thats got a little more respectability to it. Guy has a notebook that kills people if he writes their names in it. It's a dark-clothes-pale-faced fantasy.

I did say in "Some Opinions." My point was that it's pointless to compare something like Deathnote to something like DBZ(Or One Piece), REGARDLESS OF THE QUALITY OF EITHER PROPERTY.

I'm not disputing the genius of anything, Deathnote is probably brilliant, I don't know. I read the first book in the store, saw that Light had some serious Shinji Ikari issues, put it back on the shelf, and never looked back. That is not the point.
I consider myself Punk/goth, and I don't even view Death Note that way. It is a gripping thriller with Death Gods, nuff said.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
hemightbegiant said:
I consider myself Punk/goth, and I don't even view Death Note that way. It is a gripping thriller with Death Gods, nuff said.
I'm a ska kid who's a nerd at heart. XD I just saw Big D and the Kids table with the Suburban legends, catch 22, and the voodoo glowskulls last night if that is any indication. I just see death note as a drama/thriller with a genius plot. :)

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
tirkaro said:
On topic: I would LOVE to see crono in brawl (although I think cloud has a better chance due to his popularity)
Cloud's never appeared on a nintendo console. And it's already been publicly stated on IGN by Cloud's creator that he has received no offers for him...

And besides, Cloud Fans have Advent Children. What else do Crono Fans have?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Super Smash Master said:
I just see death note as a drama/thriller with a genius plot. :)
Once again Super Smash Master, I must quote you for truth.

Anyway, on to my main point.

Resting_Fox said:
Cloud's never appeared on a nintendo console. And it's already been publicly stated on IGN by Cloud's creator that he has received no offers for him...

And besides, Cloud Fans have Advent Children. What else do Crono Fans have?
If you want to get techincal, and I mean SO tchnical, it would annoy the s*** out of The Almighty One, Chuck Norris, himself, youcan arguew that Cloud was in Kingdom Hearts: Chain Of Memories. While it was a great game, Cloud's part was small in the story, and only appeared later as a summon. Keep Cloud in Advent Children (Wich sucks in English, btw) and FFVII, because FFVIII was, is, and will always be better.

TAMASHI

Smash Apprentice
I say yes to replacing Roy with any one of the other FE characters...such as Black Knight! =D

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
tirkaro said:
On topic: I would LOVE to see crono in brawl (although I think cloud has a better chance due to his popularity) however he should NOT F***ING REPLACE F***ING ROY. roy is da shiat. he is my main. A lot of people say he should be taken out. why? is he too awesome? is he too kick @$$? why am I cursing so much in this post?
He's not too awesome or kick***....you'd see that if you played FE6 and saw his father. He could easily be replaced by another FE character, one that's more popular. Roy was in only for advertisement.

I'm so glad the manga argument is over.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
Marshigio said:
I'm so glad the manga argument is over.
I'm actually surprised it went as long as it did.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind if chrono took roy's spot. At the same time I would rather have chrono be an additional character. Even though some think that there are to many sword characters (WOW. A whole 4 out of 26 and two are clones) I would rather have another swordsman especially if he has a different style of swordplay as chrono should.

LuZr!!@

Smash Cadet
I'd say for the sake of adding character diversity and getting rid of clones that this is a pretty good idea. Chrono has enough moves to make him his own character as apposed to having a marth and roy almost completely the same. (except for something as minor as where an attack should hit, and if your going to come at me saying that it makes a character unique thats ok. I'm just saying that two characters should have more differences then the area of where their attacks work best)

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
I think another FE character should replace Roy. FE is a great franchise, and it should not be short changed, and I know it won't be. I don't mind if Chrono is added, but I'm not crazy about it. I'd actually prefer the magical doll Geno.

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
Chrono trigger squares masterpiece?!

Why must i hear this hohah! Fricken crono trigger fanboys....

I love chrono trigger, but dont blow this out of porportion.

iiamjosh

Smash Rookie
Yarg the Pirate said:
My two cents for what to do with the swordsmen. Roy is (sorry Roy fans) just not able to stand up to the pure awesomeness of Chrono, and we can't have two redheaded swordsmen in the game. Chrono is a much more popular character overall than Roy, as well. This opens up the door for other Fire Emblem characters. I think Ayra would be a good fit, since Nintendo is most likely searching for a few more good female characters.

Also - Luminaire for Super Smash attack? Come on.... you can't turn that down.

Why would you replace Roy with Chrono? Roy is already an established character. He'd be completely different lawl. And all the Roy fanboys would be pissed.

truegrey

Smash Rookie
Why would square choose Geno over Chrono Trigger? You'd think they would hide him under the rug and pretend he didn't exist, compared to the awesomeness of Frog, Lucca, or Robo....

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
While I like the idea of Chrono in Brawl, having him 'replace' Roy makes about as much sense as Pommy replacing Pichu - there might be some aesthetic similarities between the two candidates in both cases, but the fact that they hail from different series from different status game developers (2nd party vs. 3rd party), there's just no way that could EVER happen in that manner; it's just like comparing apples to oranges. If Chrono gets in the Brawl line-up, it will be due to his OWN merits, not because he'd make a good 'replacement' for Roy...

truegrey

Smash Rookie
but... but they have the same HAIR - the MUST be the same!

And dude - let's replace Zelda with Marle! They're the same, too!

why stop there?!

Bowser -> K. Rool
Ness -> Lucas (oh wait :p)
Samus -> mega man
DK -> Banjo

oh - sorry about that, peoplewhopostbelowme... i think i might have dripped a little sarcasm out of my frame...

Top Bottom