• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Remix Corner: Mother

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Welcome back to the Remix Corner! This week, we give praise and celebration to the cult classic series, Mother!
Mother was never the most popular game series, but it continues to produce new fans even 26 years after the release of the game that started it all. So, make sure there are enough cookies for your journey, and dip into the sounds of Mother!

Love Theme (Monobrow Remix)
Feel the love with this gentle and clean remix of the Love Theme from Mother 3.

Ness by Singularity
Get ready to say “PK Thunder!” as the sick melody of this original track by Singularity goes nuts.

Onett (ElectricMudkip Remix)
Enjoy a simplified Onett theme that kicks into overdrive with this smooth remix.

Master Porky’s Theme (Haawke Remix)
Fight your friend-turned-foe with this excellent remix of Porky’s theme!

Eight Melodies (Orchestral Remix)
Let your mind and body relax, as this remix of the Eight Melodies comes to life.

Humoresque of a Little Dog (Game & Sound Remix)
“Do you want to buy something?” “No.” “Oh, you hurt my feelings”

Pollyana by Catherine Warwick
This one's not technically a remix; however, this song truly cannot be covered or remixed in a way that does it justice, so here’s the original in all its glory!

Okey! That’s all for this Remix Corner! Next week is all about the zero gravity racing series, F-Zero! Following F-Zero is the first of the series introduced in Melee, Fire Emblem! So remember, send those remixes to me on Smashboards or on Twitter! “Say Fuzzy Pickles!”

I’ve only played Earthbound, and I still haven’t finished it! Discuss your favorite tunes with me @ Marthmario Marthmario

Artwork by Maximo V. Lorenzo

Last edited:

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
The Mother series was almost completely unheard of in the US before Smash 64. Does anyone else remember unlocking Ness and thinking, "Who the heck is that?"

We owe it to Smash that we've heard of and gotten to try these amazing games.

Also, I'm disappointed with the lack of a poll.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

T^T A Mother tribute was absolutely necessary and had to happen eventually.

But where's the Giygas remix?
:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:
I bet you could do a lot with that song...

Last edited by a moderator:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I love this franchise so much, I just wish I could fathom as to what to understand really. Like I can't understand why all of this happened, why the music and the whole game is weird creepy at times, why the Mother 3 select screen looks so horrific. In general the game never made me teary or like into these games, Mother 3 was just a game for me. I think it had to do with the vague understanding towards this game. Anyone care to please with DETAILS understand the concept and content of this, game? Music was beauteously dark and every enjoyable indeed. Thanks.

Last edited:

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
I love this franchise so much, I just wish I could fathom as to what to understand really. Like I can't understand why all of this happened, why the music and the whole game is weird creepy at times, why the Mother 3 select screen looks so horrific. In general the game never made me teary or like into these games, Mother 3 was just a game for me. I think it had to do with the vague understanding towards this game. Anyone care to please with DETAILS understand the concept and content of this, game? Music was beauteously dark and every enjoyable indeed. Thanks.
Well first off everyone dies in Lucas' family in the first few minutes, except his father. And throughout the entire game your the outcast, who in most eyes, never stood a chance, he was just an annoying pest always getting in the way. However, they don't realize your not fighting just to save the world, your fighting to prove your not that wimpy kid you used to be, your fighting for the small chance, that maybe your brother was not mauled by a mutated dinosaur, and in the end your wish comes true and you get to watch your brother pass on peacefully to the next life. That's what mother 3 is all about.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
The Mother series was almost completely unheard of in the US before Smash 64. Does anyone else remember unlocking Ness and thinking, "Who the heck is that?"

We owe it to Smash that we've heard of and gotten to try these amazing games.

Also, I'm disappointed with the lack of a poll.
I'm not perfect. ;-;

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Literally finished mother 3 only a few days ago. This is perfect timing for me.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
How can you not mention "Snowbound" by bLiNd?! By far one of the best Earthbound remixes I've ever heard.

TheCandyman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3866-8591-8094
Mother 3 is one of my favorite games of all time (If it wasn't obvious enough with my profile picture) and I just gotta say thank you

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
>Singularity

Haha, nah

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Twas requested.
Yeah I get that. I'm not aware exactly of how many people do submit suggestions, but this list feels pretty tame and kinda...mainstream.

Mother has a ton of great fan remix albums, just a bit disappointed that these are mostly youtube/soundcoud-popular songs.

Also you should play the other games in the series

Last edited:

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Yeah I get that. I'm not aware exactly of how many people do submit suggestions, but this list feels pretty tame and kinda...mainstream.

Mother has a ton of great fan remix albums, just a bit disappointed that these are mostly youtube/soundcoud-popular songs.

Also you should play the other games in the series
I'm hoping to play Mother and Mother 3 one day! Well, I can't add a remix of every song, but when you guys add remixes in comments, it adds exposure. So, if it's not in the main post, then post it in the comments!

Frantic Sheep

Smash Rookie
*SPOILERS*

Well first off everyone dies in Lucas' family in the first few minutes, except his father. And throughout the entire game your the outcast, who in most eyes, never stood a chance, he was just an annoying pest always getting in the way. However, they don't realize your not fighting just to save the world, your fighting to prove your not that wimpy kid you used to be, your fighting for the small chance, that maybe your brother was not mauled by a mutated dinosaur, and in the end your wish comes true and you get to watch your brother pass on peacefully to the next life. That's what mother 3 is all about.
That's debatable. I think that Mother 3 and it's meaning is open for interpretation for the most part when it comes to the "meaning" of Mother 3. The only person that dies in Lucas' family in the beginning is Hinawa. You can argue that Claus died but I think the ending cancels that belief out (IMO). Everything else you said certainly is possible but I personally (along with many others) think Mother 3 is about a lot more than that. While you can say it covers concepts such as dualism (technology vs nature) and capitalism/feudalism I have my own personal interpretation of not necessarily the overall meaning but the strongest meaning/element that affected me the most.

During the ending of the game there were so many apocalyptic occurrences and fates on the line like Lucas accomplishing his destiny and pulling the last needle and saving the world to Claus finishing his goal in obtaining the last needle and fulfilling the mission he was programmed to accomplish. Through striving, fighting, and enduring through all the obstacles on both sides they find themselves in the end to what was inevitable. Though through all of this the emotion of the human being overcomes all this conflict through the reunion of their family. It shows through any circumstances the bonding of humans and their memories/emotions can outweigh the affliction of the world's impact on any human. The thoughts of the dragon, Porky, the end of existence and everything else never even came across the minds of Lucas and Claus during the end of their final battle. All that was thought, all that was experienced was their love and memories for one another. The power of the human being and it's nature is what Mother 3 is all about.

Last edited:

Sp1nda

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
There's something nostalgic about some of these songs, even though I have never played Mother/Earthbound before. Sick remixes though, will definitely bookmark these.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
That's it? Are you sure? So why was Claus so evil and watch. Why did all his family members die again? Sorry to write man, but I'm still lost; however, I've received some more information due to your knowledge, but it's not enough man. Anymore detail? What about the the depressing man that looks like a Sponge? Why is the music so strange again? You get my point man? Thanks.

Keeseman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Keeseman
3DS FC
2251-4754-4791
@ Marthmario Marthmario I mentioned this one last week, but I thought I'd mention it again:

Also, I reeeeaaaally want to listen to the Eight Melodies one, but I haven't finished the game yet and don't want to spoil it...

Last edited:
Top Bottom