• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Remember how Earthbound didn't make it to the American Brawl Masterpieces?

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
But it isn't on the VC yet is it? If it is not, then Americans cannot play it unless they own that old SNES and Earthbound cartridge.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Thats good if they do put it on the VC soon. I think Nintendo said they'll only sell MOTHER 3 here if Earthbound does good here.

SiegKnight

Smash Journeyman
am I weird because I think earthbound sucks/is average but love mother 3 with all my heart?

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
It was a good find.
Since my SNES no longer works, I will enjoy playing Earthbound again.
am I weird because I think earthbound sucks/is average but love mother 3 with all my heart?
No, but you're still wierd. :estatic:
Mother 3 was indeed a far better game (yes, I have actually played the game). I still would love to play Earthbound on the VC. Who knows, maybe Mother 3 might be available sometime in the U.S. (I'm not used to waiting forever, like those in Europe :p)

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
*PELVIC THRUST*

About time! I was sure getting tired with my rom co-

um, I-I-I-I-I mean cartridge I got from my brother glitching up.

>.>

<.<

Shut up. >=(

RupeeClock

Smash Ace
Sadly, roms are often the only option when:

A: The game is hard to find because of rarity
B: The game did not come out in Europe
C: The game sells for a lot of money on ebay

Oh, and even if you don't plan to play Earthbound, still download it if you can! Show your support for the mother franchise and increase our chances of getting Mother 3!

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
As a lifelong Mother 2 fan, having owned the game for SNES oh so many years ago, I'm curious if anyone knows if there are any decent Mother 3 ROM translations out there on the Interwebs?

To be clear: I am not asking for links to ROMs or ROM translations or other presumably frowned-upon practices, just wondering if anyone can confirm that a good translation does exist, so I don't waste time trying to find something that's not there.

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
As a lifelong Mother 2 fan, having owned the game for SNES oh so many years ago, I'm curious if anyone knows if there are any decent Mother 3 ROM translations out there on the Interwebs?

To be clear: I am not asking for links to ROMs or ROM translations or other presumably frowned-upon practices, just wondering if anyone can confirm that a good translation does exist, so I don't waste time trying to find something that's not there.
This.
The ultimate Mother 3 fan-made translation.
Soon...

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Wiwiweb, I added myself to their email notification list. Any idea how soon "soon" actually is? They're pretty reserved about giving timeline projections, it seems.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
At the rate they are going, they will probably be finished with the major hacking by the end of May and ready to start work on the script revisions which will probably go relatively quickly given the expertise behind it. If I had to make a guess, I'd say they will release sometime in early August, but it could be a good deal later if there are delays (or a good deal earlier if all goes well).

LarkOhiya

Smash Apprentice
If by "soon" you mean some time within 2 years then yes. it will be soon. they have spent a lot of time hacking M3 and its still far from done.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
EarthBound was great and all, but if I dont get my DK 64 virtual console fix soon, terrible things will happen at NoA....

Seriously, where's ma DK64 Nintendo??

Inudeku

Smash Rookie
You guys do know Super Mario RPG got an ESRB rating 2 years ago, right? And that's still not on the VC. Don't get your hopes up.

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
I never really understood all the fuss about Earthbound. I played it a bit and it really seemed kind of generic to me. I've heard that Mother 3 is better, but given how in-touch Nintendo is with their customers, I doubt I'll ever have the chance to play it.

On a side note, LoZ:MM should not be a surprise on that list because it is by far the best Zelda game ever.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
My ROM is the messed up type that deletes all your save files and stuff and certain points in the game so this is good.

Rash

Smash Ace
I never really understood all the fuss about Earthbound. I played it a bit and it really seemed kind of generic to me.
The fuss is exactly because the game is NOT generic, but is treated as such by people just like you; the ones who barely even played it. Earthbound is an essential SNES RPG in every way, and is one of the most original games of all time, minus the Dragon Warrior-esque battle system. The charm, the quirkiness, the dialogue, the great characters, and the present-day setting set the game apart from most other RPGs of the time, but even with that, the game got nearly unnoticed because of other RPGs, such as Square's Chrono Trigger.

Heck, people didn't begin to truly appreciate the greatness of Earthbound until years after release, which is the exact reason why Nintendo should forget the sales in 1995-1996 and just put the game out now. It's a different market, and there are a lot more fans of the game. Also, the VC is a more practical venue for gamers who never even heard of Earthbound to be able to play it.

Pai

Smash Cadet
NNID
Paestries
3DS FC
2036-7921-7608
I saw this on Starmen ^__^ I'm going to buy it. I've never played EB, but I think it's going to be awesome.
And one of my main reasons for learning japanese is to play M3, which will... probably not be realeased in the US :<
*saves 1000 points*

Top Bottom