• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Religious Crew Battle in SoCal

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
After having a wonderful debate about religion in another thread, I have decided to pay money to rent out a tv in SoCal to host the first ever Religious Crew Battle.

Christians Vs. Atheists
LIVE!!

Christians will include all Catholics and Mormons. Atheists will include all Buddhists and Agnostics.

If a lot of people show interest, we MIGHT be able to break it down.

We will hold the mega-crew battle in Rancho Cucamonga after one of the Shuffle & Cut tournaments. So even if you don't care about the crew battle, you can still compete in doubles and singles beforehand.

Singles $7.00 per person
Doubles $5.00 per person

Crew battle - FOR PRIDE

Date: TBD

It is never in the best interest of Smash to divide the community. This battle is designed to bring people together on their beliefs and not divide them on their disagreements. The battle is for fun.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
so if the Christians win does that mean God exists?
or if the Atheists win does that he mean otherwise?
lol

hitori

Smash Journeyman
yes, i understand that this is a battle for pride...but perhaps one side is fighting to prove that god is with them, and the other is fighting to show off how much skill can be gained w/out religious distractionz?

o.o

and why does atheism include anything non-christian? isn't that a little...crusades?

Knivez

Smash Ace
forget it- religion is too touchy.

instead, lets go gays vs straights...or whites vs non-white inferior races or
mexicans vs african nigericans

spice it up guys, stir the melting pot.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
wow, this is too good. I'm EC smasher, but this is just hilarious, I had to post here.

I doubt people's beliefs will change based on who wins, but its a funny concept, also shows that christians and atheists can joke about their differences.

edit - lol at post above mine

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
I'm down for an FSM crew. Pastafarians unite!

Also it'd probably be more accurate to leave it at Christians vs Non-Christians

Knivez

Smash Ace
According to the Knives(z) foundation of higher knowledge-

There is a proven correlation between being a hardcore Christian and how well you can reason and function correctly in society.

The general rule is, the more hardcore you are, the less you can reason.
Thus, the worse you are at smash.

If anyone has ever wondered why they just could not get good at this game, blame Christianity.

junk food for the brain, i'm telling ya.

And before someone condemns me to hell(GIMPYFISH), I have nothing against god(s)?- just religions in general.

Hirsine

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm, I think I'll stick with them Flyn' Spaghetter Munster if this get some serious stuff. May I add some Ayn Rand?

EDIT: Screw this! I'm a gonna be the R. Crumb "Keep on truckin!" group.

Knivez

Smash Ace
Hirsine just had to come in and ruined everybody's **** with his lame post.

THANKS AGAIN hirsine.

practice_mAn

Smash Journeyman
lol dude god loves everyone man. This is to be fun and all but there might be people who will be offended because they dont feel the need to believe in a god and thats alright. Besides, we all know the flying spaghetti monster teams gonna win.

Miharu

Smash Hero
lol dude god loves everyone man. This is to be fun and all but there might be people who will be offended because they dont feel the need to believe in a god and thats alright. Besides, we all know the flying spaghetti monster teams gonna win.
And you just have to insist that God exists.

Religion is ********.

Zoap

Smash Master
so where do the Dawn of the Dead followers sign up? Me and Hydro Kirby want to represent that team.

practice_mAn

Smash Journeyman
And you just have to insist that God exists.

Religion is ********.
gg lol people now adays assume the meaning of life is god after all

I don't know about many people, but I wouldn't really like to just assume there is a god and live for him. Nah I actually asked for him and decided to try if he was real. I was a non believer at first, and I thought that religion was dumb and a waste of life.

I was dumb when I used to assume that there was no God

My life changed after I decided to do something about that lazy assumption I made. Try it for yourselves, you might enjoy it =)

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
The majority of us who don't believe in God don't just 'assume he doesn't exist.' We arrived at that conclusion through logical investigation and scientific examination of the evidence available to us, instead of just going with whatever answer 'sounds good' or the one we grew up with and then just selectively searching for evidence that supports what we took on faith (an insidious concept) to begin with. That is to say, we just said "I don't know," and then sought to answer it for ourselves.

If you do this you will realize there is no evidence to suggest that "God" (given a proper definition, not necessarily the Abrahamic God) is anything but a useless or contradictory (i.e. nonexistent) entity, let alone one deserving of worship.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
This too is ridiculously stupid. Stop wasting bandwidth on Smashboards. We've already had enough trouble just recently with connection timeouts and with you posting dumb **** like this you're cloggin up the works just that much more.

Way to fail ThomasSmashboardsKiller.

Miharu

Smash Hero
The majority of us who don't believe in God don't just 'assume he doesn't exist.' We arrived at that conclusion through logical investigation and scientific examination of the evidence available to us, instead of just going with whatever answer 'sounds good' or the one we grew up with and then just selectively searching for evidence that supports what we took on faith (an insidious concept) to begin with. That is to say, we just said "I don't know," and then sought to answer it for ourselves.

If you do this you will realize there is no evidence to suggest that "God" (given a proper definition, not necessarily the Abrahamic God) is anything but a useless or contradictory (i.e. nonexistent) entity, let alone one deserving of worship.
Sheridan is pretty good at this kind of thing.

!support

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Praise Bob?

Forgive my ignorance, but who is that guy? (The one smoking the pipe)

The reason I ask is because I saw this one girl with a BIG tattoo of that face right on her chest directly above her *****. It's like, you want to check her out, then this big ol face is right there starring at you. It was the worst tattoo I've ever seen.

Top Bottom