• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Release The Bogus! (Who wants Super Macho Man for DLC?)

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
If there's gonna be one more Punch Out!! representative for Smash, I'd pick the champion right before Mike Tyson/Mr. Dream and the final enemy of the original arcade,

SUPER MACHO MAN!!

That's right! The guy who (unintentionally) says "Release the bogus!"

I've thought up some move sets for him and something unique.

His basic ground, grab, and aerial attacks are similar to Little Mac's, but SMM's smashes and specials are notably different.

COLORS:
Default (Contender Form in Wii Version)
TD Form In Wii Version
SNES Version
Arcade Version
Soda Popinski costume
Masked Muscle costume
Green
Blue

ENTRANCE: Takes off his glasses and says "I'm gonna put on a show!"

SMASH ATTACKS
SIDE: Says "Pump..." as he charges a jab then swings it. If he hits an enemy, he'll say "It!"
UP: Says "Hang..." as he charges an uppercut then swings it. If he hits an enemy, he'll say "Ten!"
DOWN: Says "Crunch..." as he charges a lower uppercut then swings it. If he hits an enemy, he'll say "Time!"

SPECIALS
STANDARD: Poses then does a clothesline punch saying "Ma..." if he hits, he'll say "Cho!"
SIDE: Turns himself, then swings an uppercut launching himself forward saying "Wipe..." if he hits, he'll say "Out!"
UP: Jumps with an uppercut saying "Release the..." If he hits, he'll say "Beast!"
DOWN: Slip Counters. Any attack that hits him, he'll punch back and say "Nice try!"

FINAL SMASH: Puts on his sunglasses and poses while saying "Super! Macho! Man!" If he starts his final smash in the air, he'll impact down before doing the attack. He'll perform a tornado like "Super Macho Clothesline Attack". Anything he hits will cause serious damage.

MISSES: If SMM misses a target with his smash and specials, he'll say any of these:
"Bogus!"
"Dude?!"
"No!"
"Argh!"

TAUNTS
UP: Does his chest flexing pose saying "Flex it!"
SIDE: Dons his sunglasses and says "Yeah!"
DOWN: Does his "Photo Op" pose saying (y'know) "Photo Op!"

CROWD FAVORITE: A reference to the Wii version, the crowd will boo and jeer instead of chanting SMM's name.

VICTORY THEME: SMM Losing Theme
#1: Dons his sunglasses saying "Welcome to my world!" then, attached to a rope, flies upwards off screen.
#2: Takes pictures of himself with a camera saying "No one is gonna dare take your picture!" If he's fought against Little Mac in a Smash, he'll say "I still look better than you, Little Mac."
#3: Performs some punches, then poses saying "Stay down!"

If Little Mac wins against SMM, Doc Louis may say "Lights! Cameras! Knockout, baby! Super Macho Man is cruisin' for a bruisin'!"

KIRBY HAT: SMM's hair

PUNCH OUT!! ALIAS: Hollywood's Super Star

Alright! That's all I got. Support if you'd-- bogus!

Last edited:

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
I've got to say; your Crowd Favorite idea for Super Macho Man is splendid! Wouldn't mind all the dialog except for the entrance part. It shouldn't be heard over the announcer. Other than that, this is a well-constructed support thread

Top Bottom