• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Release Night Essentials

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Will you be playing solo or will you have all your friends over with 3 or 4 Wii Us and have a Sm4sh Fest?
What's for dinner?
What will you be drinking to stay awake?

I plan on taking a couple of days off work, heading to a friend's house and I can foresee lots of pizza and mountain dew, with maybe a Taco Bell run here or there.

What do you guys plan on doing on release night?

ThatLucas

Smash Rookie
I imagine/hope it will be similar to the Brawl release. My brother and I will meet up, wait in line at midnight, and then spend the next 24 hours in front of the tv gorging ourselves, and eventually regreting, an entire box of crumb donuts.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I will just celebrate. Then I will buy the game after a few months. (I live in Brazil, and the Wii U dint even launch here yet. But I can buy the 3DS one.)

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
I will just celebrate. Then I will buy the game after a few months. (I live in Brazil, and the Wii U dint even launch here yet. But I can buy the 3DS one.)
Ouch, that kind of sucks. Do you have a relative or anyone in the States that could ship you one?

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Ouch, that kind of sucks. Do you have a relative or anyone in the States that could ship you one?
No, I will just wait. I did only buy my Wii in 2010, so I guess I will buy a Wii U somewhere around 2016. :( The Wii U is probably going to launch somewhere around the end of this year or maybe the start of 2014, but the price here is basically doubled from countries such as Japan, so I'll wait for the price to go down.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I feel for you, man.

Me personally? I'll take an entire week off work to play. I'll build up to it by playing Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl as much as possible. I might even try Project M (Roy's in it now, so justified)! Then when I have to return to the real world, I'll bring my 3DS and Smash on the go!

Oh, and I may or may not throw a party.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Grab me some glazed donuts and Mountain Dew, invite my friends over, spam some Pikachu Thunder in Brawl, enforce good health as Dr. Mario in Melee, play some Smash 64, and then have a moment of silence. Then we scream and enjoy the night.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
For the Nintendo 3DS game, I first make sure I have enough money on my Nintendo eShop balances so I can buy the game digitally, then make sure I have Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion (a Nintendo 3DS game that SEVERELY plagiarizes Super Smash Bros.) in my 3DS game slot (I'm planning to compare those two to see how well Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion did for being a 3DS launch window Smash clone), and I DEFINITELY will have the 3DS with full battery life.

Wii U game: Have my Wii U Pro controller fully charged, no game disc inside the Wii U, and pop dat sucka in.

No clue if my brother or friends will be home from college when the games are out.

As for food: Whatever the heck that's in my kitchen.

grizby2

Smash Lord
first off: CLEAN MY ROOM

then

Lawn chairs in front of tv.
mini fridge stocked with mountain dew +other beverages.
Orange chicken and white rice warmed and ready to serve.
get my 2 best friends over my house.
wii u hooked up to tv.
stand up and make a speech about smash bros.
complete silence and all lights turned off for the Smash 4 opening.

AND PLAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY FOR DAAAAAAAAAAAAYYS

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
first off: CLEAN MY ROOM

then

Lawn chairs in front of tv.
mini fridge stocked with mountain dew +other beverages.
Orange chicken and white rice warmed and ready to serve.
get my 2 best friends over my house.
wii u hooked up to tv.
stand up and make a speech about smash bros.
complete silence and all lights turned off for the Smash 4 opening.

AND PLAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY FOR DAAAAAAAAAAAAYYS
That's gonna be epic. I might have to do the same for the intro. Lights off, sound up. It's gonna be a fun time for sure!

Renji64

Smash Lord
I'll be getting together with my crew as we will be taking off 1-3 days nothing but pizza, good food and smash building up our skills and playing casuals till everyone has to return to the depths of life after.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
I'll probably be calling my best friend and telling him to come over so we can play some matches together.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Will you be playing solo or will you have all your friends over with 3 or 4 Wii Us and have a Sm4sh Fest?
It will be solo for me most likely most of my friends aren't that into smash. But we will see.

What's for dinner?
That dinner will be to far in the future to think about right now. That and I don't think it's that important lol.

What will you be drinking to stay awake?
I will be drinking beer more than likely. Which will do the opposite of keep me awake but I don't care. The release of the new Smash Bro's will deserve some celebratory drinks.

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
Try to go to a midnight release somewhere in town. Hopefully meet a few people and get a smashfest going on the 3DS or even Wii U if someone has a setup.

Oh, and pray it's not on a day before I have an 8 o'clock class.

Top Bottom