• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reik vs Cactuar, Reik vs Ryoko, Ryoko vs Cactuar (Updated)

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer

Renth

Smash Hero
I remeber these i watched them in person, good job guys
@ Cactuar your marth is the gayest.
@ Reik your falco is insane.

Reik

Smash Ace
Cactuar is ridiculous with the kicking-my-***-while-not-finishing-combos-as-best-as-he-can. >.<

I've just started to get JC shines out of shield down and I've come up with a nasty new approach tactic. Come to the biweekly so I can show you. :lick:

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Haha. I'm going on a ski trip this weekend. There needs to be a fest or something going on the weekend after. If not, you should come to my place in Philly for the weekend so we can practice and such.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I just watched the first video and I have to say that was some pretty sick playing on the parts of both players.

Reik's Falco is pretty awesome; I really liked that shine-to-b-air around 1:36. Very, very creative and very, very nasty (I don't see things like that pulled off very often). Cactuar, your Marth is pretty pimp. You definitely can tech-chase the hell outta somebody. Lol.

Great vid.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Very nice videos Cactuar; your Marth is very quick and impressive. Now if only you didn't live so far away...

D1

Banned via Administration
Awesome vids can't wait to play Reik @ the Biweekly and seeya later today Cactasaurus Rex.

Fonz

Smash Ace
Yeah I was thinking the same thing Drephen. I fear your randomizer may be broken! =P

Nonetheless, very entertaining matches. Punk is a great song, never gets old.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Cactuar, if I had one possible hint of advice; when you were chain grabbing him/utilting him in very nice combos near the edge, once he got to around sixty percent you tended to jump into him with a nair which would some times lob him back into the middle of the stage. I would say continue pushing him off the stage with fairs seeing as how the possibility of edge guarding him properly outweighs him possibly getting a pillaring combo on you.

Foxmeister

Smash Ace
omg cactuar never loses.... why? he goes to gauntlet and beats cort and then has a marth up smash battle with me and then goes back to his gf in brooklyn lol where the eff are u cactuar ur always moving everywhere when you should just move over here to NYC....

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Cactuar, if I had one possible hint of advice; when you were chain grabbing him/utilting him in very nice combos near the edge, once he got to around sixty percent you tended to jump into him with a nair which would some times lob him back into the middle of the stage. I would say continue pushing him off the stage with fairs seeing as how the possibility of edge guarding him properly outweighs him possibly getting a pillaring combo on you.
Usually I end with a nair because I'm too high off the ground/he's in too much of an awkward place to continue pushing with fair land fair. As for him going back into the stage, I just wasn't being very attentive with my spacing for the nair, thus him being sent the opposite direction.

Also, there were matches on other stages. We just decided to use the FD ones :laugh:

Foxmeister

Smash Ace
I hope to see Cactuar at Cataclysm if I go if not you should definitely go to the Killer Fleet tournament on the 24th.

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
Cactuar... you make me want to main Marth.

Reik... I'm glad I never have to face that Falco.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
eh? matches between reik's ness vs ryoko coming out?
good matches, amazing gameplay on both parts. How did you dodge his thingy where he dash dances behind you and grabs you. Your dodge lasted like ultra long, reik hacks...

Reik

Smash Ace
Cactuar hacks way worse. He grabs me when I'm clearly behind him ALL the time. Also, did you not notice the combo into a reverse F-smash? Lol.

And he can air dodge out of my shine -> D-air -> U-tilt combo if it's a really low percent even if I do it perfectly! My combos on Non-Cactuar Marths are so much better. xD

Brookman

Smash Hero
Nonsense. There's no such thing.
Only in New Jersey.

Other than seeing FD great matches guys.

Until Cactuar starts chain grabbing perfectly FD will be boring. All I kept seeing was Cactuar full jump bair/fairing then fast falling a down air back and forth. I'm not saying it's bad or something, but I just would have liked to see more variety than FD FD FD FD. Reik you definitely improved since I last saw you, which was a while ago, so that's only to be expected. Cactuar, I hope your hair is still relatively long, that is all.

Cort

Apple Head
Reverse fsmashes with Marth are the best.

Lol @ someone mentioning how Cactuar beat me last Gauntlet. Silly kids.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Only in New Jersey.

Other than seeing FD great matches guys.

Until Cactuar starts chain grabbing perfectly FD will be boring. All I kept seeing was Cactuar full jump bair/fairing then fast falling a down air back and forth. I'm not saying it's bad or something, but I just would have liked to see more variety than FD FD FD FD. Reik you definitely improved since I last saw you, which was a while ago, so that's only to be expected. Cactuar, I hope your hair is still relatively long, that is all.
This is funny to me as I consider chaingrabbing boring >.>

I thought I only did that bair ff dair thing a few times...

Also, my hair has been butchered by the gf :laugh:

Brookman

Smash Hero
This is funny to me as I consider chaingrabbing boring >.>

I thought I only did that bair ff dair thing a few times...

Also, my hair has been butchered by the gf :laugh:
Falco deserves every grab landed on him, especially grabs in succession for 40% or so.

You may have, and I just noticed it every time, not like there is too much else you can do on FD, I'm not saying it was bad/badly repetetive, it's just something that stuck out.

Also, I think we all know what that means for this girl.

Foxmeister

Smash Ace
hey anyone that went to the NYST tourney....this one guy there looked a lot like Cactuar....but it wasn't him so I didn't care...

Cort

Apple Head
No one there looked even slightly like Cactuar.

Arcturus looks only like a Keanu Reeves wannabe, not the real ****ing thing.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
And he can air dodge out of my shine -> D-air -> U-tilt combo if it's a really low percent even if I do it perfectly! My combos on Non-Cactuar Marths are so much better. xD
That's so gay that you can escape that. Great matches though. Sexy finish on the third one.

Top Bottom