• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reggie to Hbox, will come back and "Kick Your Ass!"

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Reggie, the president of Nintendo America, went on stage after the Super Smash Brothers Invitational completed. In front of an audience of about 200,000 livestream viewers and thousands of people in the Nokia he awarded the 1st place trophy to Clash Tournaments ZeRo. EG PPMD received the Fan Favorite trophy. What happened next made for a great unscripted moment as Hungrybox asked to play For Glory mode with the Nintendo veteran. Reggie explained that he doesn't get many chances to play, but with Smash 3DS, he will train, and when he comes back, he told Hungrybox that he will "kick your ass!" The two then embraced and laughed the moment into the history books.

Reggie also left a tantalizing possibility in the air when he mentioned that they are going to look at the numbers and consider potentially doing another invitational, or maybe a traveling tour. Check out the Hungrybox moment below!

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hbox looked like he was having the happiest day of his life.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
I hope he wasn't fired for that moment because that was just too awesome for that to happen. Hell, saying that just boosted their numbers alone. xD I'm pulling for Reggie if he holds to that promise.

Don't underestimate developer advantage. Or at least those with inside knowledge of the game

Maybe he probably doesn't have much of it though

Rocketman

Smash Rookie
Awesome to see Nintendo give the Competitive Smash Community such a big event. And Reggie is such a sport!

I wonder if Reggie should have his own tournament, where every entrant has to play him. That would be awesome.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Typo. Don't think the author here meant to put "Kick you ass".
Reggie explained that he doesn't get much chance to play, but with Smash 3DS, he will train, and when he comes back, he told Hungrybox that he will "kick you ***!" The two then embraced and laughed the moment into the history books.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
At least reggie wouldn't be chickening away at the end of a match to have it all based on a sudden death match with luck beibg the decisive moment...

smashfraz

Smash Rookie
He acted as if Smash 4 3DS is a superior platform for competitive play. I understand who would wan your auidiance to know the best Smash game you've ever made was Melee is what 2003?

Thin Mint

Smash Rookie
One invitational was awesome, and another could be cool. I'm trying not to speculate on the impossible future, but here's a horror story excerpt:

The year is 20XX, and Nintendo, having established its own "competitive" scene, is the only entity officially allowed to host or stream Smash tournaments...

Fortunately they seem to be listening to the community much more these days. #thankyounintendo :')

Rambeard

Smash Apprentice
I absolutely loved when Reggie just came out and said that lmao. Great moment for Hbox too, I'm sure.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Hungrybox deserved the moment with Reggie more than ZeRo, so i guess there's that!

Top Bottom