• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Regarding the next Balance Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
:4kirby:
I hope Kirby gets some love this time. Less end lag on his smashes and specials would be nice since they're all extremely punishable if you miss. Less start-up and end lag on his aerials too please. I hope Inhale gets a significant buff, hopefully so that it's similar to Project M's Inhale. That move defines Kirby yet it's garbage in this game. Better follow-up potential from his throws, or at least a damage buff to his Down Throw, would be welcome as well.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I think the auto-cancel frames on Diddy's fair could stand to be nerfed, as well. It's silly how effectively he can wall some characters just by spamming shffld fairs at them.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Or they could just buff the whole cast to varying degrees and thus every character would become better to some extent.

But if they don't end up going that route, as a sonic main if they were to nerf bthrow then i'd hope they would fix the bug with sonic's spin attacks where if used in the air he loses his ability to double jump the next time he uses the move. And make it so his down aerial meteors on startup like how it is for most meteors like sheiks and ZSS.

I understand many MANY people have trouble fighting sonic but most if not all of that isn't necessarily due to his spin attacks being "too OP" but moreso people not understanding the risks involved when using the move and how to counteract the attack. (I hope they don't nerf his spin attacks ) . If sonic were to receive nerfs to his main approach option we would very well be terrible especially given that his spin attacks can be beaten our by almost any attack in the game.

Nerfing his bthrow i think would tone him down a bit (to KO around 130% like it did prior to vectoring getting nerfed on all fronts) but still allow him to be perfectly viable

gainsborough

Smash Rookie
Would love to see marcina get buffed - even if it was something small like giving Fair autocancel.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
I hope Kirby gets some love this time. Less end lag on his smashes and specials would be nice since they're all extremely punishable if you miss. Less start-up and end lag on his aerials too please. I hope Inhale gets a significant buff, hopefully so that it's similar to Project M's Inhale. That move defines Kirby yet it's garbage in this game. Better follow-up potential from his throws, or at least a damage buff to his Down Throw, would be welcome as well.
Kirbys aerials have the least landing lag in the game. His aerials aren't exactly slow. Besides the character is supposed to be more ground-based to contrast Puffs Air significance.

Last edited:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Can't wait to read the upcoming ten pages of ultra specific dream changes.

1.3% damage increase to Sheik's sourspot usmash.
5 degree angle adjustment to the trajectory of Peach Bomber.
King Dedede's pivot grab startup decreased by 4 frames.
Luigi's fair should autocancel after a minibackwards shortreverse b cancel dash.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Less end lag on his already great smashes would be pretty overpowered, especially for his F-Smash. He doesn't really need much less start-up on his aerials, but end lag would be greatly appreciated on U-Air and F-Air. I'm not sure if you mean end lag or landing lag, though. End lag would help with those two moves having no room to actually combo (especially U-Air), while landing lag would be lolwtf. Inhale needs better start-up because it's so telegraphed by that sound effect, while the ending lag can stay the same. Kirby doesn't really need follow-up/combos from his throws when U-Throw + Pummel exists, either.

Kirbys aerials have the least landing lag in the game. His aerials aren't exactly slow. Besides the character is supposed to be more ground-based to contrast Puffs Air significance.
Pretty much this, although he may have been referring to end lag, not landing lag.

Palutina

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jerkllandong1st
If we're wishing, here's my Palutena list: the

Decrease recovery from Palutena's tilts! Total unreasonable request: make her tilts cancellable!

More active frames on d air!

Decrease start up and recovery on d smash, f smash, up tilt!

Balance her customs! Lightweight might be too strong.

Default specials need tweaking:
Reflect

should be a wall, not a space that picks and chooses what to reflect. The hitbox that is made during start up needs cover her lower body as well. Some smaller characters can get through as it is.

Auto reticle
Less recovery on auto reticle.

Counter
Have the active frames of counter start earlier. Bigger hitbox that actually hits where it's supposed to.

These are buffs with the default Palutena in mind. They don't seem to be to outrageous.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
:4diddy: Nerf that Uair and Monkey Flip.
:4lucina: More killpower and less lag on aerials.
:4ness: Less lag on Dair, PK Fire and bat. More kill power for yo-yos. Remove helpless on PK Flash and buff the customs.

Alhobbies440

Smash Apprentice
I love the ideas I'm seeing(and keep posting them), but I also want to know what you guys think is actually going to happen. Even a rough estimate would suffice.

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I love the ideas I'm seeing but I also want to know what you guys think is actually going to happen. Even a rough estimate would suffice.
Probably raw number nerfs on Diddy somewhere. He's simply too high-profile for Sakurai and co. to pass over, I think, regardless of what anyone else here thinks about the necessity of nerfing Diddy. The reason I specify raw numbers is that I'm not sure how devoted Sakurai is to his original vision of his characters. Tweaking damage and knockback is one thing but I'm not sure if anything more complex is really reasonable for us to expect. Sheik may or may not get a similar-but-lesser treatment, I'm not sure, and forget predicting anyone else. Sakurai's mind is kind of an enigma at the best of times. The rest of this is less "I predict..." and more "I would not be surprised if this happened."

Lucina may get the Shulk treatment where she enjoys a blanket 1-2% damage buff on her entire moveset. I think it's pretty well known by now that she's a strictly worse Marth since she's basically at his sourspot damage levels minus his special hitlag modifiers that made his sourspots safe on shield. If she did extra damage then at least she'd have a reason to exist on hit.

The main characters I want to see buffed are Samus and Zelda. Samus I think just needs some IASA frames on her missiles and let Super Missiles kill at maybe 150% or something. Tweak as needed for customs. (Power buff for Turbo Missiles would be a dream, I really like that particular custom even though it's kind of bootycheeks right now.) Zelda needs...something. Something drastic, I think. Fixing up her fsmash so that people don't fall out of it would be a good place to start, but beyond that I'm not sure. Din's Fire and Phantom Slash need to make me feel threatened when she pulls them out but right now...nah, nothing.

If I'm being honest, I doubt we'll see many "quality of life" fixes like removing helpless fall after Din's Fire, Burst Grenade, PK Flash, Giant Punch, etc. That's the sort of thing you just can't miss in basic QA which implies to me that it was a deliberate design choice for god knows what reason.

Candlejack

Smash Rookie
NNID
RestoringLife
Diddy Kong, and Sonic have a kill throw. A small monkey, and a hedgehog have a kill throw. Yet Ike and Ganondorf do not. These strong ass men. I cry.

But yeah, not many nerfs are needed imo. I want to see a lot more buffs over nerfs.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
This thread is just way too low quality to exist in this section.
Baseless wishlists and spam/joke posts. Glorious. Sorry to ParanoidDrone.

If you want a circle jerk of buffs/changes you want to see, go to the specific character boards.

Last edited:

Alhobbies440

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to discuss what everyone here thinks the developers will change in regards to the upcoming patch and what they would like to see(be realistic). In regards to the complaints about Diddy and Shiek, I'm sure Sakurai is aware that they are really powerful so please don't mention nerfing them here unless you have an original argument. I just want to know what you guy's thoughts are in regards to what we can expect and what subtle tweaks to any character(besides the aforementioned) that could really change the meta and even give us some surprise results at EVO. I myself don't expect any tier sweeping changes but as we have seen from examples like Ultra Street Fighter 4 just a slight change to a character is all that is needed to bump them up the tier list. Go ahead and give me your thoughts.

P.S. please don't just post, "buff kirby please" without giving an explanation as to why this might compel the devs to do this and to what extent it could improve the meta.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom