• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Regarding Sudden Death and Simultaneous KO's

Leterren

Smash Rookie
Intro:
(To skip past, jump to paragraph with the preceding asterisk*)

My friend (who is not on the boards) and I were fooling around with Smash today, me as Kirby and him as R.O.B., in the 1-2 stage of Mushroomy Kingdom. I Kirbycide into one of the pits, and we go to sudden death, which doesn't happen often in a stock match, but is not unheard-of. Eventually he gets KO'd by a falling bomb but I wonder what would happen if I Kirbycide during a sudden death for a simultaneous KO; would it be another sudden death match?

*First off, we discovered that a double-sudden death doesn't happen for a simultaneous KO. Though probably obvious, it was the first question we answered. Following that, though, through copious expirimentation, we discovered the heirarchy of tiebreakers for who wins a sudden death in the unlikely event of a simultaneous KO, as caused by Kirby, Dedede, or Ganondorf. (Bowser KO's the character below him and as close as it is, isn't a simultaneous KO--but we already knew that)

(0th deciding factor: Obviously, during sudden death, the first person to get knocked off the KO boundary losees, and the person remaining wins. Duh.)

1st) Whoever has more damage loses, regardless of who spurred the simultaneous KO. Conversely, whoever has a lower damage percent wins. In the event that damage is the same for both characters, move to #2.

2nd) If damage is the same, whoever initiated the KO action wins, with one exception. In other words, whoever was responsible for the inhale attack will be the victor.

3rd) Ganondorf loses (again, only if damage is the same--if Ganondorf has less damage percent, he will win). If Ganondorf Ganoncides an opponent, the opponent will win.

I hope that in some obscure corner of the Smash archive this may prove helpful, and my apologies if this is already known.

Tl;dr version: Damage first, inhaler second, Ganondorf loses.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
wow, that was an amazing vid.
what are the rules regarding a sudden death in 2vs2?

also, have tested anything with Wario's warioside?
There aren't any. Yet. AFAIK this is the first time the question has ever come up in tournament. I mean, that doesn't happen often. LOL

Leterren

Smash Rookie
We haven't done anything with Wario yet, because it would be very hard to space it and time it just perfectly that both Wario and the opponent are KO'd at the same time...

Top Bottom