• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Regarding assinine Melee Hell drama:

Status
Not open for further replies.

No U

Smash Journeyman
So, I know smashboards forums hardly have anything to do with MH, but due to a number of recent lies that have been spread about me there, I feel the need to publicly denounce some of the more absurd accusations. I will simply reference people who are curious or have been misinformed about the situation to this thread, and address all questions accordingly.

First off, hey, my name's Seth, I've been smashing competitively for 9ish years, and switched my tag from No U to SPACE about 4 years ago. I'm a mid-high level player, I would expect myself to top 4 at about any local in the world (except for maybe some of those 60+ people locals), and yet I routinely get 3rd in round 1 pools at majors, because I'm just behind most actually ranked people, and a noob. Just a brief intro before I delve into the dirt.

So recently, Manny-kun has made several factually inaccurate accusations about my behavior in regards to MH's primo attention ***** (<- no shame in that, just realism lol), Alexus. And I know this isn't that big of a deal and hardly anybody knows or gives a damn about this, and drawing extra attention to it here might not serve a purpose, but really, I just hate being blatantly lied about, so here I am. It is somewhat annoying that several hundred people have a severely paranoid perspective of me and I want to address it to a few who would actually listen. Without further ado.

So, I was initially accused by Manny of stalking/creeping on Lex in her hometown, which is an extremely exaggerated twist on the truth. I was vacationing in Norcal just in general (due to actually getting a free ride down there with my dad who happened to be travel nursing there for his final one month stint), with the intent of attending a lot of smash tournaments primarily (I made it to 9 in one month and actually paid for my tournament/travel fees from the few I placed top 3 in which was rad). However I'd been flirting with her for a while at this point (won't go into details but there was quite a variety of information exchange and such) and since she happened to be in the area I figured it might be fun to meet up and hang out. When I presented her with the idea, she said she was potentially interested in hanging out, multiple times. That was literally the only reason I had any interest in meeting up with her, and I wouldn't have had any inclination to stop by if she hadn't said she was probably down to chill. In no way does that merit comparison to stalking, and I immediately continued on my journey to the bay area once she changed her mind about meeting up (albeit I did tease her and poke fun at her afterwards, which triggered her insecurity way more than I realized).

I was later accused of 'following her around at evo and photobombing pictures with her in them' which is patently false and never actually occurred. I addressed her directly one single time at evo to see if she could communicate what she was actually afraid of/upset about in person, but that just made her more insecure it seems. I never followed her once, and I never photobombed anything with her in it. I photobombed some pic with Melee Hell + Hbox in it, because it was happening behind me and I couldn't not just hop in, but she wasn't in it.

Also, Manny-kun has publicly compared me to Johnathan Knott, an actual pedophile, which has honestly pissed me off perhaps a bit more than it should, though I feel that such a comparison merits a certain amount of righteous anger. I have done nothing comparable to someone who actually solicited lewds from underage girls, sent underage girls **** pics, and maliciously hacked the phones of Melee Hell members and released their private images to the public. I simply tried to meet up with someone who said they were interested in meeting up, and then teased them afterwards when they changed their mind. I've even turned down dozens of desperate nerds asking me to share the personal lewds Lex shared with me, and almost every one of them tells me they respect that decision.

A few claims she herself has made recently, are that I 'told her I knew I was near her house/where her house was', and that I 'asked her where her house was repeatedly,' neither of which actually occurred one single time in reality. I can't tell if she's just being dramatic or if her fear somehow created sensationalized memories. I want to believe that she's simply paranoid and not lying maliciously on purpose, but it's hard to say.

Quite frankly, if the accusations against me were true, I would hope that the Melee community would ban such a person from attending majors. There hasn't been any motion towards this, that I am aware of, because this issue isn't terribly public. However, since the only things I'm guilty of are 1. being kind of a **** and teasing Lex and trying to get her to verbalize what she was upset about after she expressed that she was upset and didn't want to talk, and 2. harassing Manny for comparing me to a pedo and calling him insecure for refusing to address me directly while spreading lies, I'm not too worried about that prospect.

Anyhow, if anybody has any questions, I will address them directly, or you can simply message me on facebook.

Last edited:

SEXY

Smash Cadet
idk dude i saw this posted:

http://imgur.com/a/64jGJ

it looks like this has been going on for awhile now and its never surfaced until recently. you keep sending bipolar pms over the course of 3 months with no reply back. that screams crazy. it does not help your case of being 'misunderstood' when you are intentionally going out of your way to be obnoxious/psychotic.

maybe if you re-framed from talking to the people involved in such a condensending manner then this issue wouldn't have escalated to whatever it is now. also melee hell? really? its on the same level of complaining about things said/done on 4chan and bringing it to ur local unrelated group (never mind smashboards and melee hell having melee in common)

but from what i understand/read, you've only been digging urself into a bigger hole every time you talk about it or send pms to anyone because well, as i mentioned, 'bi polar messages that scream crazy'.

just let it go dude, no one knows about it other then a few randos and you (and now everyone on smashboards since youve posted it here)

Last edited:

Palo

Smash Rookie
There are many facts that are missing in your initial story, also irrelevant stuff that derail the topic. You're not being fully objective here.

Don't expect support with that travesty of a defense.

chaojimbo

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
OSRS#723
NNID
chaojimbo
I've already personally talked to OP about this; I was one of the first he sent the thread to. He seemed to have understand where he went wrong but I do not know if he's going to drop the whole thing now.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I won't delete the thread, but Smashboards really isn't the place for this sort of thing.

Also as an added bit of advice, pretty much no one really cares about what happened between you and some random girl, and tbh, the only people who actually care about this whole thing are a few MH admins. Just hold your L and move on with life, and maybe try to evaluate what led up to this whole fiasco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom