• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Refudgy got away safely!

Refudgy

Smash Rookie
Alright, Refudgy all up in the place :)
I got here through the The Smash Brothers documentary, and figured I'd probably like to hang out here and become a part of the community. Smash experience: fairly minimal. I've only ever played Brawl, and there I've played.. I think 30-40 hours now. So far, I'm maining Wolf > Luigi > Falcon, because I'm a Luigi fanboy (gotta love the antihero), and wolf and falcon because I wasn't fast enough to play the faster, lighter hitting characters yet (compare Wolf and Fox), so I just picked heavy hitters so that timing could work :)

I'm quite a gamer already, I'm actually Diamond I in LoL, even though these days most all I do is play ARAMs, or play normal blind picks in order to play random stuff while maintaining my rating, and while I can avoid getting raged at because of my pick. If there's anything I don't like, it's raging - just chill, do your thing, accept your mistakes and those of others and everything will be fine.

More technical stuff: I'm 20 years old, live in the glorious Netherlands, am a university student in Mathematics, hobbies besides gaming mostly reading (GoT book 2 finished, moving on), playing guitar (3 months now but I'm trying), cooking (1,5 year now, but improving rapidly), and hanging out with friends :p

If there's anything more I'm missing, feel free to ask, I'll be back in the morning ;P

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Got away safely? Where/Who'd you run from? :troll:

Nice Brawl roster you have there though. All of those characters are cool in my book.

And you're not missing anything, just whatever you feel like sharing really.

Favorite cereal?
Watch any anime/Read manga?
What type of music do you like to listen to?
Are you willing to accept Emperor Superman as your lord and savior? If not, can I have your soul? No not really...well, maybe

You don't have to answer any of those questions btw. Don't mind me, I just ramble from time to time.

How nice of you to join us :)

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Praise the Emperor, Refudgy, for HE will guide you to the promise land. A land free from heretics, criminals, and Batmen. Accept HIM into your heart today.

Also welcome to SWF!

Kneel before me.jpg

Refudgy

Smash Rookie
Got away safely? Where/Who'd you run from? :troll:
Wild Pokémans, mostly :p been a pokemon fan for quite a while too, played all generations starting at GSC.. Been in the smogon community for a while, but I eventually got bored of cheesing my opponents, and I wasn't good enough to stay near the top in a legitimate way.

Favorite cereal?
404: No cereal eaten. Breakfast usually is just the leftovers from last night's dinner :p
Watch any anime/Read manga?
Manga: Nope.
Anime: I've seen and greatly enjoyed Death Note and Attack on Titan, looking to get started on FMA: Brotherhood soon because of quite some strong recommendations, but it will probably progress rather slowly - I'm not a very focussed soul.
What type of music do you like to listen to?
This is a rather fluid thing, especially lately, but mostly music that is new to me, that in some way triggers my mind. That's something that can be done in quite a lot of ways - you can have an interesting rhythm (Two Door Cinema Club - Do You Want It All, most all Jazz I listened to), very strong emotional experiences (Eminem - Kim, Metallica - One, Oceansize - Long Forgotten, Bjork - An Echo, A Stain), or otherwise music that's out of the ordinary (Atlas Novus - Scale the Summit, Fridge - Of). If you have a recommendation in any of these things, I'd be glad to take em, I'm currently catching up on Fall Out Boy and Panic! mostly because their titles do have a certain hint of genius in more than one case.
Are you willing to accept Emperor Superman as your lord and savior? If not, can I have your soul? No not really...well, maybe
Gee, this entire soul thing is moving a bit too fast for me.. I'll look into ait a bit more :p

At the rambling thing, I /really/ don't mind, I really enjoy communication in most all shapes or forms - glad to speak, glad to listen.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am utterly surprised by just how many people actually join because of the documentary myself. It is truly a great thing, glad to have you here with us. I did not even see the documentary myself until just a couple of months ago (I did not really NEED to see it as I already knew what it covered prior; however, my sister was interested, so we watched it together).

Is "GoT" Game of Thrones? If so, why did you not just say, "Clash of Kings" or "ASOIAF Book 2"? Just curious.

I would also highly recommend FMA: Brotherhood. I say this as someone who does not appreciate anime in the slightest. The avatar might seem misleading, but I am not a big anime fan. I have only seen a couple.

Also, if you like Metallica, surely you would love Slayer. :troll:

Refudgy

Smash Rookie
The documentary really is good though. I really felt connected to all the people there, and I'm pretty likely to watch Evo 2K14 now :p Most people's characters is shown beyond the first layer - I'm pretty sure my opinion of M2k and Isai would be pretty much uniformly negative if not for this, now I mostly just really respect them for doing what they want, even with any issues involved. I am slightly sad Isai never spoke on camera, only in the voice recordings, I really think he is one of the most interesting characters in the documentary.
GoT is indeed Game of Thrones, referred to it as that because most all people I meet IRL know it from the series, not from the books, so I've just taken to referring to it as that, and if people know the books I can adjust terminology accordingly :p As you can tell from me being in book 3, I'm not exactly an expert on the subject myself :p

Not too sure on Slayer, as far as inspiring goes :) Every time I tried to listen to it, it yielded more of an "ugh, my brain hurts" than a "wow this is so cool". I'm sure the right song would work for me, but I'm afraid the first hits on youtube are not the right songs for me... p

Morbi

Scavenger
The documentary really is good though. I really felt connected to all the people there, and I'm pretty likely to watch Evo 2K14 now :p Most people's characters is shown beyond the first layer - I'm pretty sure my opinion of M2k and Isai would be pretty much uniformly negative if not for this, now I mostly just really respect them for doing what they want, even with any issues involved. I am slightly sad Isai never spoke on camera, only in the voice recordings, I really think he is one of the most interesting characters in the documentary.
GoT is indeed Game of Thrones, referred to it as that because most all people I meet IRL know it from the series, not from the books, so I've just taken to referring to it as that, and if people know the books I can adjust terminology accordingly :p As you can tell from me being in book 3, I'm not exactly an expert on the subject myself :p

Not too sure on Slayer, as far as inspiring goes :) Every time I tried to listen to it, it yielded more of an "ugh, my brain hurts" than a "wow this is so cool". I'm sure the right song would work for me, but I'm afraid the first hits on youtube are not the right songs for me... p
Indeed. The documentary actually made me a "fan" of certain personalities in the community. Before that, they were just players and I just watched competitive for the game-play, the documentary really "humanized" them, I suppose. I cannot wait for EVO either, it is so very close. Do you have any personal favorites for the tournament?

It is extremely difficult for me to decide. I am a huge M2K fan, but I do not personally believe that he will place top 3. I am not necessarily a Mango fan, but it is hard to deny his credentials, he is the quite obviously the best modern Melee player and I want him to defend his title... for America. However, I have always had a thing for Dr. PP, his Falco is immaculate. I am not as concerned about who wins though, I made a bet that Westballz (maybe, hopefully) and Leffen (almost given) would make it to top 8, so I am more concerned about them to be honest. Haha.
I am one of those pretentious book fans, ignore me. :dazwa:

Did your brain hurt in a good way, was it brutal and metal? I agree though, I never trust the first hits on YouTube, those are always the most popular, not necessarily the most technical or "inspirational." I am afraid that Slayer does not have many songs that would connect with anyone other than satanists or murderers on an emotional level. :awesome:

Top Bottom