• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Redmond, Washington Smash

Deceptimike

Smash Rookie
NNID
Deceptimike
3DS FC
1504-5804-9543
Hey everyone,

Around the middle of September, I'm going to be moving to Redmond, WA and was wondering what Smash has going on in that area. I've noticed Facebook pages for central and eastern WA, but I wasn't really sure where Redmond would fit in. It would be awesome to have people to play with when Smash 4 comes out. Sorry if this is a silly question!

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Hey Deceptimike, there's actually a facebook group for a scene in the Bellevue/Redmond area. University of Beatdown, excuse the cheesy name aha. We meet up for fests every 1-3 weeks or so, and go to local tournies. Our main game is currently PM, but we have Melee and Brawl players as well, so you can be sure to expect us go hardcore on SSB4 when it comes out!

I'm only down in the area for summer (I go to university an hour up north, in Bellingham), but I hope to possibly see you at one of our upcoming fests sometime :D We're pretty friendly, so feel free to join the group and post an introduction of yourself!

Deceptimike

Smash Rookie
NNID
Deceptimike
3DS FC
1504-5804-9543
Wow, that sounds perfect! Thanks for the swift reply and the link! I'll be sure to join the group as soon as this message is done sending :)

Awww, sorry to hear that, but I DO hope to see you as well! The wait for September is just going to be that much harder now T_T

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Alright! Remember to introduce yourself later aha. Also, you should try out Project M; it's our main game here in our scene currently (Smash 4 hype will probably take over later), afterall. (practice is bueno)

In case you don't know much about it, it's a great mod for Brawl that was made in an effort to make it more competitive; all the characters from in N64/Melee/Brawl are featured besides Young Link and Pichu (since they resemble Toon Link and Pikachu too closely), and it is often considered the next most popular game in the franchise after Melee. The character roster is balanced, since the programmers (PMBR) buffed/nerfed the characters appropriately to let them all be viably playable on a competitive level, so you can pick up literally any character you want and do well if you put the time in. It's a really great game - give it a shot!

Deceptimike

Smash Rookie
NNID
Deceptimike
3DS FC
1504-5804-9543
As soon as I'm accepted into the group, I gladly will! :D

I actually am familiar with Project M, but it really didn't do much for me when I played it. Granted, I'm sure my enjoyment would increase exponentially if I had some good people to play with. I love my friends to death, but it's gotten to the point where things aren't even close anymore haha. It's pretty crazy just how detailed Project M is; you can tell a lot of love was put into it. And Samus with the Light Suit? Get out of here! When the palette swap of the Light Suit was revealed in today's Pic of the Day, I was actually a bit disappointed it wasn't a different model like M's.

Wow, way to go off on a tangent haha. Anyway! I'll give it another try and maybe practice up for when I move!

Top Bottom