• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Redfest 2: Salty Runback - August 31st, 2013 - Muskegon, MI

Jawsome

Smash Apprentice
So our first house tourney didn't run quite as smoothly as we'd hoped for, so we're runnin' it back!!! MoneyMatchMike and Red present to you Redfest 2: Salty Runback!!! We want all of Michigan to come out, so to please East MI and hopefully get more attendance we'll be running Brawl Singles. West MI has been improving immensely so come on out and check out what we have in store for you ;)

TO Staff
MoneyMatchMike
Red

Venue Fee:
Brawl Singles: $5
P:M Doubles: $5 ($10/Team)
P:M Singles: $5

Tentative Schedule
  • 12:00PM: Doors Open & Registrations
  • 1:00PM: Brawl Singles
  • 3:00PM: Project M Doubles
  • 5:00PM: Project M Pools
  • 7:00PM: Project M Singles
  • Crew Battle after PM Singles is over
Party Time! :yeahboi:

Parking/Food
The venue is on a one-way street, and you can park just past the house in a parking lot on the left. If you have any troubles finding it or need somewhere else, speak with me and I'll figure something out for you.

Snacks/Drinks will be provided, but there are many restaurants within a 5-10 minute drive as well as gas stations. If you need any specifics, I'll be glad to let you know where everything is.

General Rules
- Non-first party controllers must be inspected by TO staff before use in tourney.
- If you are more than 5 minutes late to your set, you will lose the first match. If you are more than 10 minutes late to your set, you lose the set.
- Bracket matches take priority over friendlies and money matches. The TO reserves the right to prematurely end any match.
- Players are responsible for their own equipment and property. The TO is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Wireless controllers are discouraged due to interference and unreliability.
- Pause can be requested off and that request cannot be denied. If one pauses mid-match, the person who initiated the pause loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock (such as interfering with recovery), the person who initiated the pause loses two stocks. If there is any doubt in the ruling of a pausing incident, stop what you are doing and CALL ONE OF THE TOs TO YOUR MATCH.
- Coaching is allowed only between games, not during.
- The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
- Any hacks or mods applied to a setup may be inspected by a TO, who reserves the right to have those hacks disabled if they are deemed inappropriate for tournament play.

Brawl Rules
* 3 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF and NONE
* Meta Knight’s infinite dimensional cape tactic is banned. All other infinites and chain grabs are legal.
* The Ledge Grab Limit is 35 for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player exceeds the Ledge Grab Limit, they automatically lose the game. If both players exceed the Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
* If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
** If a game goes to time, the player who has less percentage wins.
** If the match ends with both players dying at the same time coincidentally, or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a 1 stock 3:00 minute rematch will be played on the same stage with a Ledge Grab Limit of 15 for all characters.
* The act of stalling is banned: intentionally making the game unplayable such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterrupted moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
* Dave's Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.

Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in "1-2-1" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes the next two stages.
4. Second player strikes one stage.

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counterpick
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon

Before the first game:
1. Player Priority is determined (optional)
2. Each team selects one controller port for each player (optional)
3. Each team selects one character for each player (optional)

After each game:
1. Loser re-picks controller ports (optional)
2. Winner announces stage ban
3. Loser chooses counterpick stage
4. Winner chooses their character
5. Loser chooses their character

Project: M Rules
- Items set to OFF and NONE.
- 4 stock, 8:00 timer.
- Sets are played best two out of three, with all Semi-Finals and Finals matches being played best three of five.
- Double blind character pick if either player requests so.
- Best of one Rock Paper Scissors for port priority if requested.
- Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: Players may not counterpick to the stage they last won on.
- Gentleman's Clause: Players may play on any stage if agreed on by all players.
- If a match times out, winner is determined by stock, and then percentage. If both stock and percentage are the same, play a one stock, three minute game with the same characters and stage.
- If Sudden Death occurs, play a one stock, three minute game with the same characters and stage.

Playing a Set
1. Best of one Rock Paper Scissors for port priority if requested.
2. Double Blind character selection if requested.
3. Highest port priority strikes first.
4. Strike order: 1-2-2-1
[Play Game]
5. Winner bans 4 stages. Bans apply for only one game.
6. Winner selects character.
7. Loser selects character and stage.
8. Repeat steps 5-8 until set is complete.

Project: M Stages
Starter
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Green Hill Zone
- SSE Jungle
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Smashville

Counterpick
- Dracula's Castle
- Dreamland
- WarioWare
- Metal Cavern
- Pokemon Stadium 1
- Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
- Rumble Falls
- Skyloft
- Norfair
- Fountain of Dreams

Doubles
- Remove WarioWare, Metal Cavern, Skyloft, Fountain of Dreams, and Green Hill Zone from available stages.
- Dreamland becomes a Starter

TO Contact Info
Red: PM RED6 on Smashboards or e-mail me at Chet.DeLano@Hotmail.com
MoneyMatchMike: 269-519-3579

Jawsome

Smash Apprentice
Reserved for TO

If there is enough interest I will consider doing a Brawl Doubles event as well, but with time I think that might hinder our ability to run Project M Pools.

Also I was considering a venue fee of $5 for food like we had last time, which included Pop, Little Debbies, and Chips. and I'm sure I'd be able to make a Little Ceasars run as well with this money. Thoughts?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'll add this to the Michigan PR thread since it has Brawl featured. I'll try my best to get a carpool and come out :D

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
I'll try to show up, but probably only for brawl I got other stuff going on this day, but ill try to make it work.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I don't want a higher tolerance. It's absurdly high already, seeing how much I have to drink and keep drinking just to be tipsy. I'll just buy a bottle of Jack and see how well I do in Brawl.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Drunk Mario Dittos shall be had :)
who from South East MI is going to this?

SophyBer

Smash Apprentice
Reserved for TO

If there is enough interest I will consider doing a Brawl Doubles event as well, but with time I think that might hinder our ability to run Project M Pools.

Also I was considering a venue fee of $5 for food like we had last time, which included Pop, Little Debbies, and Chips. and I'm sure I'd be able to make a Little Ceasars run as well with this money. Thoughts?
I think some people don't think that 5$ is a cool venue fee as they don't want to pay a venue fee equivalent to the entry fee for events so if a venue fee at the door is gonna be a thing it should be 3$.

SophyBer

Smash Apprentice
Venue should be $5 a day minimum
I don't think this is a bad idea but sometimes goons just don't have monies. Like I'm looking to invite a lot of scrubby friends of mine to this more or less for the sake of having them see the game be played and have fun so a whole five dollar fee at the door may discourage them; not because that's a lot of money but because they're lack luster fellows in regards to thought and wouldn't really understand why they're being asked to pay to go into a house. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, I know, but I believe most thoroughly that that's how these kinds of things work with scrubs.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
its to enter the party, drinks, food, and the electricity bill for all the setups sucking it up, if someone cant understand that...i dunno...

lordhelmet

Smash Master
$5 is a little steep for a house venue fee. When TBird and I got there last time, the snacks were already gone too.

So I don't know, charge less or do something more impressive. Drugs and alcohol are great too.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Hrm, August 31st, should have noticed that at first. As I told Dakota on the phone, I may not make it to this after all. It's a big giveaway at work, so it'll be a lot harder for me to get it off than normal. I'll still try to make it out, but it's not looking good.

SophyBer

Smash Apprentice
its to enter the party, drinks, food, and the electricity bill for all the setups sucking it up, if someone cant understand that...i dunno...
You really don't know how poo-minded some people can be. I just spent about the last hour talking through some specifics about the event with scrubby peers of mine and I literally had dumb down the logic and almsot write up a damn Dr. Seus book to have it make sense to some of them. People man... people are a thing, a bad thing.
I think what we're gonna do is have a 3$ door fee for contributing to the purchasing of stuff like soda and pizza. Assuming you don't want any house provided snacks you don't have to pay the 3$ door fee but that will have you go void of getting any house contributed snacks.

$5 is a little steep for a house venue fee. When TBird and I got there last time, the snacks were already gone too.

So I don't know, charge less or do something more impressive. Drugs and alcohol are great too.
Yeah like... I dunno. I can't imagine doing some even vaguely impressive considering the number of people to show up is so shaky and the number of people that even understand what they're gonna be doing there is even more... shaky.
PARTY SMASH GENERAL WITH A SIDE OF ESTABLISHED ORDER!

~HUZZAH~

Artificial Flavour

Smash Apprentice

Or you could get there sooner. Just sayin'.

Need a doubles partner. I plan on taking all your monies.

Also, Pizza is hype.

Also also, Lordy, you want to team?

W.C.N

Smash Lord
It's more of a pm tourney so he might, I don't know anyone who's trying to go from se mi

lordhelmet

Smash Master
DRDN will come 'cause we're teaming in Brawl dubs. Run it.

Also, for those who don't check the West MI thread (I don't think you care because they are running a Detroit tourney same-day) but regardless I will be running a PM/Brawl smashfest on the 24th

W.C.N

Smash Lord
if the detroit tourney was the ranbat/apashers that got moved to next month

We will take this dubs lordy, ill bring out my inner Nakat and go Fox

W.C.N

Smash Lord
So you're going to lose?
Probably I like to shine too much,

But if there really is dubs for brawl here Lordy I forgot I told amity I'd team with him when were at the same tourney so you will need to upgrade your partner

Maestro_

Court Composer
NNID
Maestro227
3DS FC
3411-1820-5923
Ok so is there a SE MI carpool or not? Don't see anyone but DRDN interested. Ori, are you yay or nay?

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
WTP could I get one of those spots? I'll split the gas money evenly so as not to be a burden on your travel expenses

Top Bottom