• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recycling Pikmin

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm going to assume you're all nooooooooooobs as I explain this. Yes, I understand most of you likely know to do this already.

--------------------

Pikmin have HP (hit points), or durability.

Purple- 15%
Blue- 14%
Red- 9%
Yellow- 9%
White- 4%

When a pikmin reaches that percent they die, obviously.

by recycle you mean by tossing off all your pikmin and plucking new ones?
Basically, yes.
Realistically, no.

If you want to do this perfectly, I think you'll have to keep track of which pikmin have been hurt by what major attacks and only throw off the ones that need to be recycled. If you throw them all off you're vulnerable to your opponent. Recycle during your opponent's respawn, if they're being too cautious making their way past your camp, and/or if you've just launched them pretty far. And don't do it all at once. YOU DONT WANT TO GIVE YOUR OPPONENT ANY GROUND.

Reasons to recycle:
1. To pluck more healthy pikmin.
2. To get different pikmin for certain matchups.

Q. Why this is important?
A. I want this thread to serve the purpose of being a place for y'all to discuss this.

That is all.

Denti

Smash Master
honestly i do something like this called pikmin filtering. I try to get rid of pikmin that aren't as good for a MU to replace with plucking to maybe get better pikmin.

Axi

Smash Rookie
this is a good idea but i don't think its practical, your better off letting em die and just plucking new ones.

realistically the only chance you can "recycle em" is when your opponent dies. I just think its to much to throw the ones you want to keep on the stage and the ones you don't off the stage, and then pluck new ones....and remembering which ones have been hit and how much

i honestly just think its easier to let em die and pluck new ones :p

i do "filter" pikmin tho depending on the match up

just my opinion and way of playing

Denti

Smash Master
each pikmin is good so it's annoying to debate when to filter what. I tried to make a thread about pikmin filtering but everyone couldn't agree what pikmin to filter when. it all depends on playstyle and the olimar's choices.

dahighii

Smash Apprentice
I don't pay much attention to pikmin filtering aside from when I'm trying to get a KO. Once my opponents start getting towards KO %s, I usually start throwing off the ones I know aren't likely to work for a KO (whites always, other depend on the MU) so that I don't get interrupted by a weak/low-priority attack

Top Bottom