• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

recovery = final smash dodger?

Mr.Game_and_Watch

Smash Apprentice
alright Ive been having many match ups (With Anyone matches) with sword characters lately and Ive noticed that Mr.G&W's recovery move (while on the ground) is faster and higher than a sword (Link,Ike,Toon Link,Marth, and Pokemon Trainer's Triple Finish) character can perform. So even if your standing in their range you can dodge the move,

Has anyone else noticed this?

frenchclops

Smash Cadet
Is he really? I was wondering why it was so good for dodging boss attacks that seemed to go through him. Can we say, furthest dodge in the game?

Nato.

Smash Cadet
Is he really?
Go to Training and put the speed to 1/4 and use Up-B. G&W will flash like when he grab the edge and we haven't be "hit" in these frames (yet), so I guess they're invincibility frames.

But since G&W can be grabbed in his Up-B (I never tested it though), I don't know if he can only be grabbed after the invincibility frames window or he can be grabbed at anytime (Kirby Down-B anyone ?) so maybe it's not true Invincibility Frames (a la Super Armor Frames). (If you are curious about grabbing his Up-B, it's somewhere on this board but no one really care since it's so hard to pull off)

Lag

Smash Journeyman
yes his up-b has some final smash dodging potential, ever try dodging sonic's final smash? i just up-b to down air (repeat). fun stuff, but it will get predictable...

Top Bottom