• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recovering with Zelda / Sweetspotting the Ledge

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
So I'm getting punished pretty hard trying to come back with Zelda. I try to use Din's to provide a small buffer, but often I don't have the time to place it or I'll miss the placement. Is there a way to sweetspot the ledge? I can't seem to get it right. I've mastered sweetspotting from ON the stage, for edgeguarding purposes, so that you don't even see the flame at the end. She just appears on the ledge. Is that possible from off stage?

Additionally, what other ways are there to come back onto the stage? I try to mix up going for the ledge, the stage, a platform, or trying to land right behind them so they get burned, but there's a low chance of punish.

Pika_thunder

Smash Apprentice
If you are above the ledge at... For example a 45 degree angle, up B, point the analoge stick at the ledge, then once she dissapears, return it to neutral. Hope this helps.

WhiteLightnin

Smash Journeyman
So I'm getting punished pretty hard trying to come back with Zelda. I try to use Din's to provide a small buffer, but often I don't have the time to place it or I'll miss the placement. Is there a way to sweetspot the ledge? I can't seem to get it right. I've mastered sweetspotting from ON the stage, for edgeguarding purposes, so that you don't even see the flame at the end. She just appears on the ledge. Is that possible from off stage?

Additionally, what other ways are there to come back onto the stage? I try to mix up going for the ledge, the stage, a platform, or trying to land right behind them so they get burned, but there's a low chance of punish.
It is possible from off stage but in order for it to auto snap you have to be coming from an angle above the edge (just like you would automatically be from on the stage).

Snakeee

Smash Master
I didn't even realize you can do that till now lol nice. Can anyone give the specifics of what sort of angles you'll autosnap from offstage though? i'm not sure if you guys meant its from 45 degrees and higher or if that was just an example.

WhiteLightnin

Smash Journeyman
I didn't even realize you can do that till now lol nice. Can anyone give the specifics of what sort of angles you'll autosnap from offstage though? i'm not sure if you guys meant its from 45 degrees and higher or if that was just an example.
Yeah it's really cool. As long as you are coming from any angle that is above the ledge, it will work. You can even do it from the middle of a lot of stages which of course would be a little off of parallel lines.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
It is possible from off stage but in order for it to auto snap you have to be coming from an angle above the edge (just like you would automatically be from on the stage).
Excepting when you're straight above the ledge, right? I pull a dumb every now and again and try auto-snapping the ledge from directly above the ledge (or close to it), and either SD below the ledge, or land right on the end of the stage (in front of a charged side smash lol) instead.

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
Excepting when you're straight above the ledge, right? I pull a dumb every now and again and try auto-snapping the ledge from directly above the ledge (or close to it), and either SD below the ledge, or land right on the end of the stage (in front of a charged side smash lol) instead.
I haven't tested this, but you probably can do it. You just have to let go of down after you disappear. That way, the game still recognizes that you want to move down with FW, but you stop at the ledge. Just like a Shino stall

WhiteLightnin

Smash Journeyman
It can be done from directly above but I suppose the higher up you are in the air when attempting to perform the technique the harder it will be. It depends on where exactly you are positioned but basically for that general area you are either going to want the control stick straight down or in the middle of the flat surface between the bottom and the first groove on either side.

Top Bottom