• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Really Weird Option

BuddaRik

Smash Rookie
So the other day I was playing some falcon dittos with my friend and did something I'd never seen before. He was in shield on the left side, I was on the right, I was close enough to do a jab to a down smash, unfortunately I was facing the wrong way. But the miraculously the falcon gods took pity on me and somehow the jab connected with a reverse hit on the shield and pushed him closer to me, then the first hit of the down smash also connected with a reverse hit on shield and pushed him even further to the right (almost on top of me), finally the second hit of the down smash connected with a third reverse hit on shield and pushed him to the right again, so that he now was holding shield right in front of me, in what looked like grab range. I didn't get the grab, but only because I was so shocked that that had happened. i'm not sure if its safe or if I could ever replicate the maneuver. but its an option I thought I should ask about. How did this happen (was it just the reverse hit, or can shield DI cause this, or maybe its a combination of the two)? Is it safe on shield? And will the grab connect? I'll try to do it again but I don't know if I can.

tsm2k420XX

Smash Cadet
So the other day I was playing some falcon dittos with my friend and did something I'd never seen before. He was in shield on the left side, I was on the right, I was close enough to do a jab to a down smash, unfortunately I was facing the wrong way. But the miraculously the falcon gods took pity on me and somehow the jab connected with a reverse hit on the shield and pushed him closer to me, then the first hit of the down smash also connected with a reverse hit on shield and pushed him even further to the right (almost on top of me), finally the second hit of the down smash connected with a third reverse hit on shield and pushed him to the right again, so that he now was holding shield right in front of me, in what looked like grab range. I didn't get the grab, but only because I was so shocked that that had happened. i'm not sure if its safe or if I could ever replicate the maneuver. but its an option I thought I should ask about. How did this happen (was it just the reverse hit, or can shield DI cause this, or maybe its a combination of the two)? Is it safe on shield? And will the grab connect? I'll try to do it again but I don't know if I can.
That seems like one of those situations that is very very very unlikely anyone will ever see while playing melee, but I'll do some testing later, it'd be cool if that could be a grab setup

Top Bottom