• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Realistic Guesses are Well and Good, but Let's Hear Some Crazy Newcomer Ideas

Flyboy

Smash Hero
We're going there eh? Alright here goes.

Spyro: (Doubt it'll happen it's possible but I don't see it.)

Ezio Auditore: (Probably one of the most charming and charismatic Asassins in the entire serious and my favourite character in it overal. Don't see it though.)

Sceptile: (A grass type Pokemon I would like too see feel it's chances are done though.)

Sly Cooper: (They could some of his cane attacks, and even moves he uses based of his ancestors like the spire jump, and rail slide. He'd be fun just don't see it.)

Impa: (I would love too see more Legend of Zelda reps. It confuses me why there's not enough, yes I know Super Mario and Pokemon are there heavy hitters, but so is Zelda, Skull Kid seems the popular choice. But who knows sadly don't see her.)

Dr. Eggman: (Shadow is the popular choice. But Sonic deserves his villain the genius with an IQ of 300 could make an impact.)

DeMar DeRozan: (He'd be giving those smashers trouble with his basketball skills. Michael Jordan or LeBron James would probably get in before him but you never know, yes this is a joke don't take it serious great basketball player though.)
You want to talk about gaming greats and icons? How has this legendary Super Nintendo name not been confirmed yet? Sakurai is letting the fans down!

ryuu seika

Smash Master
MARINA. LITEYEARS. Blockman final smash. Beastector assist trophy. I've wanted her since the N64. Give it to me.
Darn, that's another thread that I've not seen in a while. She'd be such a fun blast from the past for me and the idea of a rushdown character with throws that fling herself instead of the enemy to get her out of danger just seems so cool to me. Especially with an item-spawning pummel.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Mr. AR.jpg
The AR games could be where he mostly gets his moveset from, like the Archery AR game as a Neutral Special, the Globe AR game as a Down Special, etc.

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
Yarn Yoshi, the only echo for Yoshi (unless Boshi appears in a Yoshi game)

No Tem Tem, Sakurai never approves of Pokemon Rip-offs then so choose Plusle and Minun as Pokemon reps

Morgan from FE Awkening muhahahaha

Dry Bowser

This would split the community in half, Rabbid Luigi i even made a moveset for him

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
The Avatar from Sonic Forces, maybe?

They look like they have enough to work with that'd make them vastly differ from Sonic.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Let's bring in one of the most iconic characters from videogame history.

Carmen Sandiego.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
First and foremost, I had a dream back in March or April that Beddy-Byes, a boss Yo-kai from Yo-kai Watch 3, was a playable character in Smash. Even as someone who doesn't really care for third-parties in Smash, the idea was so cool that I made sure to develop a moveset for her when I woke up. Not sure if I still have the moveset, however...

Other than that, Sutte Hakkun as a retro representative for the Super Famicom's Satellaview would be pretty cool. He could set up different moving blocks to block the movement of his opponents, as well as boosting his recovery. That'd be pretty interesting.

Kururin from Kuru Kuru Kururin would also be awesome, although I don't know what he would do, other than fly around in the Helirin. I just really love Kururin Paradise, and wish that Nintendo/Eighting would make a new game (and bring it to the States, for crying out loud).

Pretty much everything I just said for Kururin can also apply to Jill from Drill Dozer and Starfy from Densetsu no Stafy/The Legendary Starfy (they'd be cool, I love their game, and Game Freak/TOSE needs to make a sequel ASAP).

Pokemon-wise, Xatu, Manaphy, Pheromosa, Sableye, and Whimsicott are all favorites of mine. Of course, none of them will ever happen ... which is why they're here.

Part of me would also love to see a playable Dr. Kawashima. He's got the sales (And, by extension, recognizability) to make some sense, but since he's literally the floating polygonal head of a real-world doctor, perhaps Assist Trophy status is best, haha.

Also, a Bulborb from Pikmin. Imagine a giant strawberry-shaped grub thing stomping around the stage. That'd be great. Might not be the most popular choice, but it's pretty iconic, just not to the same level as Olimar or the Pikmin themselves.

As far as third-parties (that aren't random bosses from Yo-kai Watch), the Prince from Katamari Damacy. His costumes could be a few of his Cousins. I'd love to be able to play Smash as Foomin or Nutsuo, haha.

D

Deleted member

Shadow Queen for Smash (PMTYD)
serveimage.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
Chain Chomp from Super Mario series.
Because his Assist Trophy is still MIA so why not?
AND he's playable in the new Mario Tennis game. He has a chance!

Last edited:

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Zeratul - StarCraft was on the Nintendo 64 and Zeratul is just a really cool looking character but sadly there is almost no demand for Blizzard characters being playable in Smash.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Part of me would also love to see a playable Dr. Kawashima. He's got the sales (And, by extension, recognizability) to make some sense, but since he's literally the floating polygonal head of a real-world doctor, perhaps Assist Trophy status is best, haha.
Another support thread that didn't make it. Before the reveal of Master Core, I was really pushing for him to be the mastermind behind the hands in true Andross style.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Eric Cartman for Smash

But seriously, an out there prediction for me would be Earthworm Jim. I would go nuts if he was announced. He's one of those that I would love to have in Smash, but am not actively awaiting his arrival. He would just be a super cool surprise for me.

MrArska

Smash Cadet
NNID
aapelix
Switch FC
SW 2908 1984 5094
Specter Knight. I feel like his curios and general movement abilities would fit Smash better than Shovel Knight himself. Shame that he'll probs never get in before Shovel Knight or even after him.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Here's an interesting one you've probabaly never heard of.

M09 from Project HAMMER a wii game

Why haven't you ever heard of him before? Because his game never actually came out.

Still, look at the guy. he looks like he could be awesome.

Last edited:

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
Here's an interesting one you've probabaly never heard of.

M09 from Project HAMMER a wii game

Why haven't you ever heard of him before? Because his game never actually came out.

Still, look at the guy. he looks like he could be awesome.

Presumably, the money they'd spend making a CGI cutscene for his trailer would eat away most of the budget and result in Ultimate's untimely cancellation.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Many people suggest Tetrominoes as the Tetris rep, but my crazy ideal Tetris rep is

The Dancer from the Gameboy version.
They use traditional Russian dance moves for several attacks, but also carry a single Tetromino that they fight with.
The dancer can swing it, thrust it, rotate it, hard-drop from midair, switch it out with other shapes, and they even dance around with it.

Also there would be a male and female variant.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Many people suggest Tetrominoes as the Tetris rep, but my crazy ideal Tetris rep is

The Dancer from the Gameboy version.
They use traditional Russian dance moves for several attacks, but also carry a single Tetromino that they fight with.
The dancer can swing it, thrust it, rotate it, hard-drop from midair, switch it out with other shapes, and they even dance around with it.

Also there would be a male and female variant.
Those outfits are super neat, but there's one problem with this.
According to the current official marketing guidelines of Tetris, no russian or russian-inspired imagry is allowed to be used.
Not that that matters, this entire thread is for either jokes or forgotten characters.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Those outfits are super neat, but there's one problem with this.
According to the current official marketing guidelines of Tetris, no russian or russian-inspired imagry is allowed to be used.
Not that that matters, this entire thread is for either jokes or forgotten characters.
And yet they continue using the Russian folk dance music...

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I kinda love how noone predicted Pirhanna plant.. even if in hiondsight it actually makes ton of sense and is pretty iconic....

but i do want to highlight someone that almost predicted it XD...

Chain Chomp from Super Mario series.
Because his Assist Trophy is still MIA so why not?
AND he's playable in the new Mario Tennis game. He has a chance!

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
The Oracles from the Zelda GBC games would be cool, especially Din, but they will never happen... they didn't even make it in Hyrule Warriors, where even Agitha and Marin did it.

But the best Zelda newcomer would be
Anju's Grandmother!
Look at her wheelchair, it has huge metal spikes on the wheels, she can fight with it!
Also, she can have a move that makes the enemies sleep like Jigglypuff.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
You want to talk about gaming greats and icons? How has this legendary Super Nintendo name not been confirmed yet? Sakurai is letting the fans down!
I don't know man, I don't think he has enough moveset potential maybe as an echo fighter

But in all seriousness, Wreck it Ralph is my "pipe dream, never really gonna happen but would be pretty rad if it did happen but I accept the unlikelyness of the situation so I won't get my hopes up but I would absolutely lose it if they made it in" character. Him or Master Chief.

Last edited:

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
The Queen of Blades: Sarah Kerrigan
Diablo (Diablo 3 even has an Amiibo)
Shantae
Lloyd
Dana (Ys 8)
Ezio
Ciri (witcher)
KOSMOS - xenoblade chronicles 2 has so many characters I'd want over Rex unless it was Rex/Pyra.
2B
Ruby (RWBY)

DelphoxFan97

Smash Journeyman
The crazy newcomer idea I have is Delphox from Pokemon X and Y. Delphox has been my favorite Pokemon for many years, and I wanted it to be playable in Smash 3DS/Wii U, but that never happened. Greninja was the Gen 6 rep. Delphox lost all relevance since Sun and Moon hit the scene, and now Delphox is seemingly forgotten about. It especially doesn't help by the fact that we just got another Pokemon newcomer that's a Fire type, which is Incineroar. Decidueye fans are certainly not pleased with that.

Being a fire mage, I thought Delphox would be an interesting addition, but since it's already in obscurity, and we just got Incineroar as a Gen 7 rep, we may never see Delphox in Smash. I'm even hesitant to create a new Delphox thread to keep the idea out there, since me and many others tried getting it in Smash 3DS/Wii U, and failed miserably. Even when Delphox was relevant, it was still extremely difficult to get the idea out there.

Last edited:

DelphoxFan97

Smash Journeyman
(Accidental double post from a glitch, please delete this post).

Last edited:

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Tetromino - Tetris 4 block piece that can shape-shift and rotate for attacks and do Tetris Clear as Final Smash

Vic Viper - Make it more like a Macross style Gerwalk-fighter (and even battroid-like?) semi-deformed based on combination of influence from Gradius, Parodius, and Zone of the Enders 2 (mecha form in addition to ship). Summons uo to 2 options that only shoot projectiles. It is about time to have another shooting game character since Star Fox. Instead of pilots, it is the sentient spaceship itself.

Commander Video - He was given trophy in Smash Wii U as indie that succeeded on Wiiware and moved forward to become juggernaut

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Mr. Stevenson from the Light Gun game, Gumshoe. A similar idea to Duck Hunt Dog where someone is shooting at him from afar. A lot of his moves cause him to become airborne.

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Koume and Kotake from Zelda OoT, MM, and the Oracle games. Female rep, senior citizen rep, villain, Zelda newcomer, magic user, and Gerudo/POC all in one.
5979790011_334cff71fe.jpg

They'd be similar to the Ice Climbers in that they're a tag team, but the difference is that you can switch out the leader mid battle. They would have different attacks except for their recovery, down special (switch), and grabs, so they're basically 1.5 characters in one. Obviously they also have different elemental properties. For their Final Smash, they merge into Twinrova and attack the stage with both ice and fire.

They'd come with a Spirit Temple stage on the Desert Colossus and a Spirit Temple remix as well as a remix of their fun theme song.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cEWOeiUmFgA
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K_3VXOAbOyY

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Octo-Rock - an iconic monster found through the Legend of Zelda series, consisting of an octopus that spit out rocks through its single siphon, sometimes treated as a mouth. Can utilize the siphon to inhale, and exhale things as well as spitting out rocks. The head can be soft for flexible heatbutts or hard shelled for some protection. Can have multiple tentacles (ideally 8) to grab things farther and/or multiple fighters. If the head is soft, it can hold much more air or projectiles/items to exhale with multiple ways to play. Otherwise, if the head has a hard shell, it has more weight, but takes more effort to deal out a powerful blow, and the shell can be broken at will or from enough damage from attacks.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Crazy?

Well, I'm sure people are sick of hearing about him from me, but I'm positive Earthworm Jim would be one of the most outlandish and exciting picks they could possibly add.

Jim was a big deal in the 90s and faded off into obscurity after some less than stellar games towards the end of the series' lifespan. They tried to reboot it with Earthworm Jim HD in 2010, but that game had... problems. It was far from a perfect remake and didn't really help to pull the game out of obscurity.

Back in the day he was kind of an anomaly. Japan dominated the industry during the time he came out, and it was rare to see an entirely original western gaming mascot take off in such a big way. Many tried and failed, but Jim somehow endured the 90s. And there's no doubt he's historic as he predates even well known western game icons like Crash Bandicoot.

I'll probably be pining for Jim to come back in Smash until my dying day, but that's life.

Last edited:
Top Bottom