• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I actually was never able to beat Rayman 1 because Space Mama gave me so much trouble. The game gets really hard later on.
I never beat R1 either, I couldn't beat the pirate themed boss at the end of the art world. I tried many times, but I just gave up after months of playing the game when I was 6, and just moved on to R2.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
I don't really go to Miiverse anymore because I'm sure you know why, but you can find hidden gems like this every now and then. You did really good on this.
Thanks! I uploaded this on the New Super Luigi U community because it was the only one not changed by the update. That's why I added Luigi.

My artwork isn't all that popular, though. It usually only gets 10-20 yeahs each. Heck, even popular Miiverse users like The Driz and The Trav know how underrated my art is.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Just out of curiosity, but is the original Rayman more challenging than Donkey Kong Country Returns?
Since I've beaten DKCR myself, I'd say yes Rayman 1 is more challenging than DKCR. Bare in mind though, that's comparing 6 year old me to 16-18 year old me.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Just out of curiosity, but is the original Rayman more challenging than Donkey Kong Country Returns?
The term Nintendo hard comes to mind.

I hear people say that Mega Man was hard, but it was nothing compared to the first Rayman.
And yeah, it's far harder than any DKC game I've ever played as well.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Man, the artwork of the artist that SuperSegaSonicSS showed me is really nice. I really like this one in particular.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Looks like I'm not the only one that struggled with the original Rayman. I eventually just gave up, it was getting way too difficult for me.

ProjectTwin

Smash Apprentice
You're right about that. It's been years since I last played it, I wonder how I would do now. I was admittedly pretty bad at games back then.
We were kids back then. So it was extra hard for all of us ;-;

After a ton of game-overs..(eat at joes *shivers*) I beat the entire game when I was 10 or so, but couldn't find all the electoons to fight mr.dark >__<

Oh that part at band-land when you had to get hit by a trumpet and jump on a tiny platform took meh a long time to beat.. lol

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
If I'm correct, the test tournament has ended, for those who participated, what did you think? Any rules I should change?

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
We were kids back then. So it was extra hard for all of us ;-;

After a ton of game-overs..(eat at joes *shivers*) I beat the entire game when I was 10 or so, but couldn't find all the electoons to fight mr.dark >__<

Oh that part at band-land when you had to get hit by a trumpet and jump on a tiny platform took meh a long time to beat.. lol
I was actually once considering trying to beat it again back then, but when I realized you needed to get all the Electoons to find Mr. Dark, I immediately went back on my idea. I was REALLY bad when it came to trying to find collectibles and secrets back then, so I was also pretty terrible at games like Metroid, where it has full emphasis on exploration.

ProjectTwin

Smash Apprentice
I was actually once considering trying to beat it again back then, but when I realized you needed to get all the Electoons to find Mr. Dark, I immediately went back on my idea. I was REALLY bad when it came to trying to find collectibles and secrets back then, so I was also pretty terrible at games like Metroid, where it has full emphasis on exploration.

Ha. I didn't either for the same reason XD I love Rayman 1 a lot, but I have no time in my life atm to explore for days :(

So glade of dreams, I have a question. Since Sakurai likes to take different segments of a characters past to make the most accurate move-set for them, Do you think the ring grab would return as Rayman's tether recovery? In Rayman 1 and 2, he could throw his fist/ energy orb to hook a ring lum. Maybe this old power could be moved into Smash and function similar to Zero-Suit Samus / Links tether recovery?

I wonder if Sakurai would do this because Rayman's Up-B would be his hair helicopter for sure.So wouldn't that mean he would be forced to float downwards and horizontal? Doesn't sound like Rayman can go deep without dying >.<

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Is it fine if I ask about both?
The really detailed ones usually take around 30 minutes - 2 hours to make, and it may take 3 hours if you want to add shading.

I can't remember exactly when I joined Miiverse, but I remember it was around April 2013. My first post ever was a text post in the Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed community, and if I remember correctly, my first drawing was of Rayman in the Uplay community, but I'm not quite sure.

My most popular post was when I created Bagmax back in April. It currently has 141 yeahs.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Ha. I didn't either for the same reason XD I love Rayman 1 a lot, but I have no time in my life atm to explore for days :(

So glade of dreams, I have a question. Since Sakurai likes to take different segments of a characters past to make the most accurate move-set for them, Do you think the ring grab would return as Rayman's tether recovery? In Rayman 1 and 2, he could throw his fist/ energy orb to hook a ring lum. Maybe this old power could be moved into Smash and function similar to Zero-Suit Samus / Links tether recovery?

I wonder if Sakurai would do this because Rayman's Up-B would be his hair helicopter for sure.So wouldn't that mean he would be forced to float downwards and horizontal? Doesn't sound like Rayman can go deep without dying >.<
Rayman having the ring grab would be a really nice nod to the first two games.

As for his up B, here are two ways it could work:

1. You fly and move freely for a short amount of time. Pretty much Pit's old Wings of Icarus.

2. It could work like Peach's Parasoul, where he leaps upwards, and then slowly descends down.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
The really detailed ones usually take around 30 minutes - 2 hours to make, and it may take 3 hours if you want to add shading.

I can't remember exactly when I joined Miiverse, but I remember it was around April 2013. My first post ever was a text post in the Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed community, and if I remember correctly, my first drawing was of Rayman in the Uplay community, but I'm not quite sure.

My most popular post was when I created Bagmax back in April. It currently has 141 yeahs.
That's really neat. I'm horrible at drawing, so seeing all the stuff people can do fascinates me.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Something I did out of boredom. Might as well share it before I go.

LyWinFull.gif

EDIT: NVM about leaving, change of plans.

Last edited:

ProjectTwin

Smash Apprentice
Rayman having the ring grab would be a really nice nod to the first two games.

As for his up B, here are two ways it could work:

1. You fly and move freely for a short amount of time. Pretty much Pit's old Wings of Icarus.

2. It could work like Peach's Parasoul, where he leaps upwards, and then slowly descends down.
I'd be fine with the second one personally. It stays true to his original game :o

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Either the Purple Lum could be fine to rep R1/R2, or Rayman could use the Lockjaw from R3, which does the same thing, but at the same time, can be used to grab and attack opponents.

And I'd see his Helicopter Hair like a gliding mechanical from Brawl, just without the directional inputs going up and down, only going left and right.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Either the Purple Lum could be fine to rep R1/R2, or Rayman could use the Lockjaw from R3, which does the same thing, but at the same time, can be used to grab and attack opponents.

And I'd see his Helicopter Hair like a gliding mechanical from Brawl, just without the directional inputs going up and down, only going left and right.
I could see Rayman's moveset being inspired by not just one game, but the series as a whole, using different types of power ups from all the different games. That would be really neat.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I could see Rayman's moveset being inspired by not just one game, but the series as a whole, using different types of power ups from all the different games. That would be really neat.
It would be very likely that it just won't based on R3, that's just one of many choices. R3 does however has like one of the most diverse to work with.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
It would be very likely that it just won't based on R3, that's just one of many choices. R3 does however has like one of the most diverse to work with.
If only one game could be represented, I would definitely pick Rayman 3. There were so many different kinds of power ups, and they were all so unique and really fun to mess around with.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
If only one game could be represented, I would definitely pick Rayman 3. There were so many different kinds of power ups, and they were all so unique and really fun to mess around with.
I would totally would have to agree, that would be the best for me, design wise and all.

Top Bottom