• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
If the game is the same as the previous (well, it kinda is) but have wind gimmicks and enemy placement that's BS to make it more "Difficult", then maybe it would be Rayman Legends 2: The Lost Levels.

Heaven forbid...
To be fair, Rayman Legends has wind mechanics, just never really used in a way that could screw you up (I.E. wind was mostly-if-not-always vertical, never going to an extent to push you. The worst I remember wind being was in Gourmand Land's Tricky Treasure in Origins where the wind weighed you down, which wasn't really harsh since there was visual preparation of the wind change)

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
To be fair, Rayman Legends has wind mechanics, just never really used in a way that could screw you up (I.E. wind was mostly-if-not-always vertical, never going to an extent to push you. The worst I remember wind being was in Gourmand Land's Tricky Treasure in Origins where the wind weighed you down, which wasn't really harsh since there was visual preparation of the wind change)
Oh, I wasn't even aware there were wind mechanics in Legends before. But it was more of a joke, as that and many more things in SMB2: Lost Levels made that game a piece of ****, and was just not how something should have been handled just to make a sequel more difficult. It wasn't really meant to harp if Rayman had those gimmicks, it would h ave made the game bad like that, I apologize if I made it sound like it was so.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Oh, I wasn't even aware there were wind mechanics in Legends before. But it was more of a joke, as that and many more things in SMB2: Lost Levels made that game a piece of ****, and was just not how something should have been handled just to make a sequel more difficult. It wasn't really meant to harp if Rayman had those gimmicks, it would have made the game bad like that, I apologize if I made it sound like it was so.
No worries :4pacman:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So wait...are they making the next Sonic Dash, Boom styled?....I'm really getting concerned if Boom Sonic is suppose to be non canon or not... .__.
Boom isn't canon, it's a subseries, think of something like Megaman Battle Network, except that had some quality. Even though I find the cartoon pretty decent.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
You know, I've been thinking on why Globox or the Grand Minimus Teensie isn't playable in this as of now? Well, it's probably because Barbara wasn't in the previous mobile game, and that Ubisoft is likely focusing their attention in bringing Barbara into the Rayman spotlight.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Look at the captain of the ship, could he be Barbara's dad? xD.

Seeing it again, I like that "new" design for Rayman (But only for this game) it reminds me of Assassin's Creed and the pirates suits of it, but in the other hand I hate that they cut his O symbol from his torso.

I also like that this is a adventure/platformer game and not a "Running" game where you only have to jump.

I hope we see a new Rayman game for the consoles soon.

Looks like Ubisoft liked Ryu's Bandana from Smash:

Btw Rayman, where are your nails?

xD.

What I think:

Maybe they're going to make a new game without Barbara, but because they created her in the last console game they wanted to part from her with an exclusive game for her and Rayman.
RAYRAY (5).jpg

Rayman: "..."

Well, even if it is Legends 2 and Rayman with a different outfit design, it's cool. xD Probably, since it is "Pirate" themed, you can still use Edward's Assassin Outfit.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
On the bright side, at least Ubisoft doesn't milk Rayman to the point where there's absolutely no quality in them.
Granted, they did it back when the first Rayman was released, but that was their ONLY franchise to sell.
Since then, Assassins Creed has been the franchise Ubisoft has chosen to milk. At least it's not our limbless hero.
it has been posted on operation Rayfall but let's also post it here (sorry if it has been posted before)
http://www.strawpoll.me/4742175 vote for Ray!
Jesus Christ, Banjo is constantly at the top!
Oh, and why is Shrek above Rayman?
Do you guys think Rayman is starting to get overshadowed by the other third parties (Banjo, Shantae, Shovel Knight, etc.)?
I'm honestly getting a little bit nervous because of it.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
On the bright side, at least Ubisoft doesn't milk Rayman to the point where there's absolutely no quality in them.
Granted, they did it back when the first Rayman was released, but that was their ONLY franchise to sell.
Since then, Assassins Creed has been the franchise Ubisoft has chosen to milk. At least it's not our limbless hero.

Jesus Christ, Banjo is constantly at the top!
Oh, and why is Shrek above Rayman?
Do you guys think Rayman is starting to get overshadowed by the other third parties (Banjo, Shantae, Shovel Knight, etc.)?
I'm honestly getting a little bit nervous because of it.
It's just one out of many polls, which some has Rayman much higher then most 3rd Parties, even over Shantae and one was even over Banjo.

I'm pretty sure Rayman's publicity is due from the general fanbase, while all these other ones (excluding Banjo) is because they are new faces that people are hyping over. But that doesn't mean Rayman is getting overlooked.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
It's just one out of many polls, which some has Rayman much higher then most 3rd Parties, even over Shantae and one was even over Banjo.

I'm pretty sure Rayman's publicity is due from the general fanbase, while all these other ones (excluding Banjo) is because they are new faces that people are hyping over. But that doesn't mean Rayman is getting overlooked.
You could be right.
However, I was looking on the Smashified tweet that was asking if you were on TeamRayman or TeamBanjo, and it seems as though Banjo is giving Rayman some real competition.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
You could be right.
However, I was looking on the Smashified tweet that was asking if you were on TeamRayman or TeamBanjo, and it seems as though Banjo is giving Rayman some real competition.
Banjo really has "Nostalgia" on his side, plus thanks to all that Microsoft has done to Rare, it not only crippled the fandom of Banjo after what was Nut's n Bolts, and since of Melee, it essentially killed his possible chance to have been in Smash Bros since then.

But still, this doesn't mean people don't care about Rayman, despite the Smashified thing. In the end, it's up to Sakurai to see if he makes Rayman playable in the end.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

I did some Screen Printing for school using my Lil' Ray and Old Shay drawing:
DSCN1896.JPG

This is the "Positive", made digitally by transforming the image into a Grayscale image and turning it into a Bit Map image with tiny little dots that created the illusion of a gradient.
DSCN1894.JPG

And that's the final result after the Screen Printing, sadly, the only ink I got was Yellow, so, it kind of hurts the eyes.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I did some Screen Printing for school using my Lil' Ray and Old Shay drawing:
View attachment 60565
This is the "Positive", made digitally by transforming the image into a Grayscale image and turning it into a Bit Map image with tiny little dots that created the illusion of a gradient.
View attachment 60566
And that's the final result after the Screen Printing, sadly, the only ink I got was Yellow, so, it kind of hurts the eyes.
Those look pretty nice. Nicely done Andrea. Maybe you can do more of your drawings like that, looks pretty cool.

AndreaAC

Those look pretty nice. Nicely done Andrea. Maybe you can do more of your drawings like that, looks pretty cool.
xD Neh, too much carcinogenic chemicals for my liking...and it is kinda annoying to do when the screen doesn't work well. And thanks!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Thanks. I don't know but when I go to sleep my brain is going to put this image in my head and I'll have Nightmares.

Ok.
Thank you. xD Same here. ._.

xD Then Roidman and Torso the Echidna would get along!
.__. OMG, you JUST reminded me of this saying that...

... .___. I guess Roidman would fit with Titan Tails as well...

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Jesus Christ, Sega. They really wanted to kill the blue hedgehog, didn't they?
Rayman may have been pushed aside a couple years back for the Rabbids, but at least Ubisoft didn't give him terrible designs and a bunch of useless friends.
To be fair, that was several years ago, the Sonic comics actually have competent writers now.

Also, guys, Rayman's new design was just leaked.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
To be fair, that was several years ago, the Sonic comics actually have competent writers now.

Also, guys, Rayman's new design was just leaked.
xD You HONESTLY scared me there when you said that, I though it was going to be something as bad as...Roidman... .__. But funny drawing you did there. xD

Last edited:
Top Bottom