• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - The Great Escape

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
This opinion is considering that Dark Pit is a thing. Robin, a non-clone with an interesting playstyle, is a worse newcomer than a recolor of Pit that is slower and has a different Final Smash.

Alright.
Personally I hold clones to a different (lower) standard than non-clones. Dark Pit didn't take up as much dev time as Palutena, and is more fun to play as. 3 of Palutena's b moves are defensive, and the 1 that isn't is almost useless.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
If the unused Palutena's Guidance clip is for DLC characters, that would pretty disappointing. It's understandable, but I love hearing Pit, Palutena, and Viridi bicker. It would be a missed opportunity for a character like Rayman.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If the unused Palutena's Guidance clip is for DLC characters, that would pretty disappointing. It's understandable, but I love hearing Pit, Palutena, and Viridi bicker. It would be a missed opportunity for a character like Rayman.
Forget a missed opportunity for Rayman, it's a missed opportunity for everyone.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro

It's probably a placeholder for DLC characters before they're released, so I doubt it would be used in the final version. Look at Mario Kart 8 for example, the unused icons for the DLC tracks, a Yoshi Egg, Spiny Shell, Boo, and Shine Sprite. Only the Yoshi Egg has been used in the actual DLC. So I highly doubt it would be used for all DLC characters in the final version. Still, I do hope Rayman gets in.

Yet, I agree that it would be a wasted opportunity if this was used for all DLC characters, which I hope it isn't.

Last edited:

Rayman!

Smash Cadet
NNID
mambur321
3DS FC
4122-5123-5521
Man, I wish there was Rayman music similar to Xenoblade Chronicles, atleast Rayman gets the special music treatment that feels catchy,also, does anyone see my signature? it has a X on it and says IMG, I seen this too much, not sure if its just me.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Man, I wish there was Rayman music similar to Xenoblade Chronicles, atleast Rayman gets the special music treatment that feels catchy,also, does anyone see my signature? it has a X on it and says IMG, I seen this too much, not sure if its just me.

I certainly hope that we get Rayman as DLC (I personally think we will).

Rayman stage and music - what would it be?

Rayman!

Smash Cadet
NNID
mambur321
3DS FC
4122-5123-5521
I would be happy if Rayman got in, but also a little bit afraid, if he got in, I just know there would be spammers who think they're the "best" with Rayman like all the other characters when they don't even know there history, as for us, we know a lot of about Rayman while the others are careless, I just get nervous when I see some people like this, especially Little Mac players.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
I don't know if I ever told everyone, but I have several ideas of my own regarding Rayman in Smash Bros.

First off, I'll talk about the stage and how it works:

Wii U stage: Glade of Dreams (Rayman Legends)

This is a shifting stage, similar to the New Super Mario Bros U and the Pokemon Stadium stages, which is made up of the different worlds in Rayman Legends, including Teensies in Trouble, Toad Story, Fiesta de los Muertos, 20,000 Lums under the Sea, Olympus Maximus, and Grannies' World Tour. The stage will always start with Teensies in Trouble and will switch to the next segment after a certain amount of time has passed. Each segment will have their own mechanic, such as wind blowing in Toad Story to make fighters lightweight, and avoiding security lights and lasers when the stage goes dark in 20,000 Lums under the Sea, similar to the Gamer stage. Sometimes, different elements and enemies from the other segments will randomly 'Invade' the current stage you're fighting on now, just like in the Invasion levels. In all stages, a Teensie cage will occasionally fly by. Break open the cage to gain access to items. Also, a boss occasionally appear as an obstacle in the stage you're fighting in, such as the Mechanical Dragon in 20,000 Lums.

I'll post more of my ideas later on, as well as a better outline of my stage idea.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
I don't know if I ever told everyone, but I have several ideas of my own regarding Rayman in Smash Bros.

First off, I'll talk about the stage and how it works:

Wii U stage: Glade of Dreams (Rayman Legends)

This is a shifting stage, similar to the New Super Mario Bros U and the Pokemon Stadium stages, which is made up of the different worlds in Rayman Legends, including Teensies in Trouble, Toad Story, Fiesta de los Muertos, 20,000 Lums under the Sea, Olympus Maximus, and Grannies' World Tour. The stage will always start with Teensies in Trouble and will switch to the next segment after a certain amount of time has passed. Each segment will have their own mechanic, such as wind blowing in Toad Story to make fighters lightweight, and avoiding security lights and lasers when the stage goes dark in 20,000 Lums under the Sea, similar to the Gamer stage. Sometimes, different elements and enemies from the other segments will randomly 'Invade' the current stage you're fighting on now, just like in the Invasion levels. In all stages, a Teensie cage will occasionally fly by. Break open the cage to gain access to items. Also, a boss occasionally appear as an obstacle in the stage you're fighting in, such as the Mechanical Dragon in 20,000 Lums.

I'll post more of my ideas later on, as well as a better outline of my stage idea.
I think it would be awesome if they took stages from ALL the Rayman games and made it into one Castle Siege-style stage, where you can warp from one zone to another. This would be the Wii U Rayman stage, while for 3DS, I was wondering what they would do for a stage based on Rayman 1 for the Game Boy Color, keeping the same graphics like the Dream Land stage for 3DS. I'll let you build upon my ideas!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I've actually grown to want Rayman so damn much. If I think back about my favorite games over the past few years, Rayman Origins and Legends both stack up there among the best. They're of the few games that have actually been as good as Nintendo's efforts.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
We all want Rayman here, but there's no need to put down other characters.
I agree! We all want Rayman, but can we at least respect the other characters? Oh, while we're on the subject, my "mains" are Rosalina + Luma, Sonic, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Mario, Duck Hunt Dog (and Duck, I guess), and Bowser Jr.

:rosalina::4sonic::4megaman::4pacman::4mario::4duckhunt::4bowserjr:
I want Rayman in here, Sakurai. 8-Player SMASH!

Hehe, anyways...

You know, after seeing Starbomb's "SMASH!" music video, my wants for Rayman in Smash Bros. have been switched from high to overdrive. All these Smash Bros. fan creations and Rayman is missing out!

Rayman!

Smash Cadet
NNID
mambur321
3DS FC
4122-5123-5521
It'll be fun to see

:4sonic::4mario::4megaman::4pacman:
(OP's signature) in a 6-man smash battle, I wished a little bit of more 3rd party characters to come in, SSB was supposed to be "Play with your favorite character against another character!" but now its competitive play, for atleast that's in for glory.
Im still wondering how the 3DS is going to take up all the character data, would it not all fit in the game?

Boy, how I would love to see
vs:4villager:

This move seems unfitting, but I think there should be a counter for Rayman, where he's in the stance of quickly disassembling himself, someone attacks, then he reassembles and appears behind the enemy and punches them in the back with his two fists a big kill move, and says "YAHOOOOOO" when he hits the enemy, which would take the same time for attacking as Shulk's vision.

@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux you should post your idea on how Raymans trailer would be on the thread in a spoiler if you are bored/have free time.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It'll be fun to see
This is something I need greatly.

@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux you should post your idea on how Raymans trailer would be on the thread in a spoiler if you are bored/have free time.
I actually did so a long time ago, I imagine the trailer would feature some Nintendo characters and the other third parties in the UbiArt Framework style of Legends, like how Little Mac and Robin had stylized trailers.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
This is something I need greatly.

I actually did so a long time ago, I imagine the trailer would feature some Nintendo characters and the other third parties in the UbiArt Framework style of Legends, like how Little Mac and Robin had stylized trailers.
Do you have a link to said idea?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
There are boundaries on supporting characters, just having this thread is fine.
SmashBoards is only a small portion of the Smash fanbase, Twitter is good for reaching the more casual players in general too.

And everyone but me uses Twitter, apparently.

Rayman!

Smash Cadet
NNID
mambur321
3DS FC
4122-5123-5521
SmashBoards is only a small portion of the Smash fanbase, Twitter is good for reaching the more casual players in general too.

And everyone but me uses Twitter, apparently.
I don't use Twitter, sure Twitter is for chatting with people online, but I just feel like its a waste, cant take 2 steps without seeing someone in a hot tub texting on facebook and twitter(No, seriously my dad went to the gym today and seen 2 women with NON waterproof smartphones, they were texting in the hot tub with there phones above the water). Some people are crazy with there phones.(Random comment)

Actually, try and make a twitter account and do your idea, it'll get more supporters like you all said.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I don't use Twitter, sure Twitter is for chatting with people online, but I just feel like its a waste, cant take 2 steps without seeing someone in a hot tub texting on facebook and twitter(No, seriously my dad went to the gym today and seen 2 women with NON waterproof smartphones, they were texting in the hot tub with there phones above the water). Some people are crazy with there phones.(Random comment)

Actually, try and make a twitter account and do your idea, it'll get more supporters like you all said.
Sakurai has a Twitter, along with Ubisoft, Nintendo, etc. If anything, it's good to spread the word.

Anyway...

https://twitter.com/RaymanForSmash

I'm still attempting to set it up, any ideas for a first tweet?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I don't use Twitter, sure Twitter is for chatting with people online, but I just feel like its a waste, cant take 2 steps without seeing someone in a hot tub texting on facebook and twitter(No, seriously my dad went to the gym today and seen 2 women with NON waterproof smartphones, they were texting in the hot tub with there phones above the water). Some people are crazy with there phones.
Having a Twitter account wouldn't hurt at all, in fact, fan movements often use Twitter for spreading their message. Something like this for Rayman would be great.
Anyway...

Perhaps a simple welcome message, explaining the goal of the account and other details.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
How do you work this thing?

I just need someone who's more familiar with Twitter so I can be sure I'm doing this right. How does it look so far?
wow someone's truly not twitter savvy

Looks fine to me. Of course, since it's a beginning thing, it looks empty, but time will turn it big(hopefully).

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro
Sakurai has a Twitter, along with Ubisoft, Nintendo, etc. If anything, it's good to spread the word.

Anyway...

Actually, I DO have a Twitter account. And just like you proposed, it's primarily for getting my message about Rayman in Smash Bros to Nintendo, Ubisoft, and Sakurai. However, I think I posted a message about wanting Rayman in Smash Bros one too many to Sakurai, because just the other day when I was checking his profile, he blocked me from posting or even viewing his Twitter account.

Still, I'm all in favor for a Twitter account to spread the word about Rayman.

P.S. Is it me or does this page gets slower the more I type here?

Rayman!

Smash Cadet
NNID
mambur321
3DS FC
4122-5123-5521
Actually, I DO have a Twitter account. And just like you proposed, it's primarily for getting my message about Rayman in Smash Bros to Nintendo, Ubisoft, and Sakurai. However, I think I posted a message about wanting Rayman in Smash Bros one too many to Sakurai, because just the other day when I was checking his profile, he blocked me from posting or even viewing his Twitter account.

You should be honored to be noticed by the grate and powerful Sakurai

Doesn't Sakurai see the post you made? If so, doesn't that mean Sakurai thinks about the posts? That means he noticed about the fanbase Rayman has, nah im just kidding, but im pretty sure Sakurai thinks about the posts people give him.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

It's probably just CrashBoards.

Still figuring out Twitter, but I think I've got the gist of it. It's a good idea to not spam Sakurai, he doesn't even speak English.

Top Bottom